Star citizen + kingdom come= best star wars mod ever?

So we all know about star citizen (at least most of us do right?) and since we are all here we obviously know about kingdom come.

so I was wondering since both star citizen and kingdom come is in cryengine is it possible to take only the sword combat (double handed with other Animations) and copy and paste it into star citizen for light saber combat? I mean look at it this way:

Star citizen:

• space and planets
  • ships and boarding
  • FPS
  • amazing graphics.

kingdom come deliverance:

• Realistic health (get hit once or twice and your dead)
  • Amazing first person real time sword combat

now imagine how amazing a star wars game with all of these things would be!!! :smiley: really the only thing we need to add that is’int already there would be the force.

1 Like

Amazing graphics should go for Kingdom Come too, have you seen it? It blew me away, I had 60fps, for tech alpha which was better optimised than some FINISHED video games. But yeah, it would be good, and if you got hit once with a light saber, I think you would be dead.
EDIT@
Ouuu, and exploring planets, to see if they have life, or evolved species like humans or similar, that would be cool.

Graphics for kingdom come are good (don’t get me wrong) but…star citizen is something else entirely graphics wise… a trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ369wYFsK8 Let’s put it this way…lightly. This is pre alpha right now and already looking better then some of the trailers. (then this trailer actually :D) witch means you cant put star citizen against kingdom come graphics wise…) + star citizen is only for PC kingdom come is going to be for xbox and ps so…you can only push so far int’ill you break a consoles performance. Nothing against this game though it’s going to be epic! (MEDIEVAL!!! YEAH!!) but I cant in truth say kingdom come looks as good as star citizen…I would be lying. Probably should have given a out shout to the difficulty for kingdom come though that would be another thing needed get hit once or twice DEAD.

KCD has another benefit: layered clothing. This system will be adapted to Star Citizen. And Star Citizen on the other hand uses some specific AI control mechanisms for objects, which are not in sight of the player, yet have to keep running so it feels natural and similar wherever you go.

KCD and Star Citizen benefit from each other because they had different starting points and focused on different aspects of their game. Then they noticed that both titles use the same engine and that one studio implements a fancy feature which they want for their own game. That’s what I like about both projects working more or less together on certain aspects.

The graphics are different because the games are different. Not only the release platforms are different but you have differences in the amount of animated objects, lighting, reflections and so on. Therefore you can focus on different aspects of the graphics. One thing that impressed me the most graphics-wise in Star Citizen was the breathing and the condensed air on the visor’s glass which makes you nearly blind if you run too much. Those are the details I’m looking forward to in KCD, too, but you don’t have a visor, therefore this detail can’t be seen in a normal gameplay environment. It might work on windows, when you stand close to them during the night.

And here is the trailer for this game, if you say this doesnt look good then I dont even…
@YuusouAmazing outlined that they are 2 different games set in different time periods. But the graphics as you can see are pretty impressive for a game that got ÂŁ2 million, compared to Star Citizen that now has like what? ÂŁ40-50 million?

And yeah, KCD will be for xbox and ps4 but they working on pc version first then they scale it down for the console peasants, Star Citizen is only for PC but it looks like its never going to be released, they have so much money and with that they created racing simulator which is not optimised well. ÂŁ50 million my god, thats more than publishers have for big games. Im not hating on Star Citizen, its just really sad to see all that money not being spent wisely but creating merchandise and ships that people buy even tho they cant use them.

@MINTEEER: KCD got more financial support than you and me know. There’s the mysterious financial investor who invested in the pre-tech-alpha production and also in the current production. Like Chris Roberts said before: Game production is expensive. However I don’t like how much work they put into creating advertisements for ships. It was funny and interesting at first but for me it’s annoying to have a new separate high quality advertisement for nearly every kind of ship.

Star Citizen doesn’t seem to have the need for reaching out to console gamers, therefore they don’t want to publish it there. Chris felt that people were longing for space-sims on PC but nobody in the industry knew that the need would result in so much cash in the end. Also peripherals for space-sims are more likely to be released for PC (thanks to USB) than on Playstation or XBOX (although the latter has USB). We should also keep in mind that the production costs alone are not sufficient. If you want to make a new game, you need more money to keep the mills running. I’m wondering if Star Citizen is going to be a real success in the end and if Roberts Space Industries is going to survive after this project.

One of the biggest mismanagement I have seen lately is from Tim Schafer and Double Fine Productions. Not only the Broken Age adventure (Pt. 1 of 2) was a financial mess, the early access title Spacebase-DF9 suffered from the same issue: Very high expectations, many promised features / gameplay values and a lot of disappointment on the long run while constantly losing the focus on the budget. I could go into more detail as I own both game titles, but I’ll tell you that I keep my hands off of Double Fine games because of that.

1 Like

Yeah I understand, dont get me wrong, the game looks stunning! You cant find a single spot on the spacecraft that has a grey not rendered spot on it, it just looks marvelous. I felt awkward when they showed that 1st person gameplay, when it was supposed to be a space simulator, kind of, off the tracks, and maybe too much focus on side projects instead of focusing on the advertising product. It is very good that they are trying to add FPS to the game, its a great idea, its just when they presented it, it looked… meh. It wasnt FPS as I expected it to be, and i didnt expect anything special, like CSGO or Battlefield physics, but it looked like something from 2000’s.

He is not mysterious. http://www.forbes.com/profile/zdenek-bakala/
He is quite (in)famous in the Czech Republic.

But I didn’t know his name nevertheless (that’s why I called him mysterious). I knew that he’s one big player in the Czech ecosystem, but that’s about it. Thanks for clarifying who the investor is.

As YuusouAmazing has written, they already shared some things:

The good news is: the team at Warhorse isn’t just an incredible talented group of people… they’re also kindred spirits who are willing to share the work they’ve done! We will be sharing with them the tricks for working with CryEngine we’ve learned over the last 18 months and they will be letting us in on the secrets and the tech behind what they’re doing! I’ve always said that independent developers should stick together, and the potential good for both games that can come from this unofficial partnership is proof positive!

If this trailer was supposed to prove your point, then I am quite unimpressed.

Apart from the graphics - seeing the rockets/torpedoes narrowly missing its target is quite a poor performance. If most rockets/torpedoes in 2014 are actually activated by getting to proximity of the target, rather then crashing right into it (unless we talk about anti-tank/anti-bunker rockets), then it is quite a let down that rockets in far future are unable to do the same.

I think it is safe to say that both games will be amazing. Comparing this game to Star Citizen is pointless. They are different in every way. The only exception being the engine, which CIG is completely overhauling anyway.
The important thing is IT WOULD BE THE BEST MOD!
That being said, Star Citizen already has melee weapons so I wouldn’t be surprised if they already intend to put in swords with their own animations and such. They already confirmed that it will be very mod friendly so I doubt you would need anything from other games to make whatever you want.

1 Like

but you have to keep in mind this game is’int even 20% done yet that trailer was shot in game.

true. But I dont think the melee combat will be as in depth as kingdom come?

Honestly, I’m sure CIG will make the most in-depth/fun combat that they can but it will be made for a completely different environment than KC.
My point is that they are not comparable/compatible…
Right from the start, how would the KC style combat fair in zero-g?
I definitely want lightsabers in my SC I just don’t think anything from KC would be helpful in making that happen.

*fare

I’m sorry… I usually don’t do that… guess this one just got the eye twitch goin’ or something :wink:

hahaha no need to apologize! I’d rather you correct it than let me spend the rest of my days looking like a clown…

1 Like

I think this is incompatible with Star Wars, or at least too much effort - in a universe where the elite troops only hit you when it is absolute necessary story-wise (aka the director slays you with the script) or you are redundant (aka you shouldn’t have borrowed the red shirt from an unnamed Star trek cast member) a detailed health system is overkill. :wink: