Story split into three Acts

There also may be shorter time difference between Act II and III than between Act I and II.
The Hussite wars were full of interesting events, so there may be cca 15-20 years between first two acts and then just two months between later acts.
I really like that you aren’t playing the most important person in the world changing fates of (and killing) anyone you meet like in “traditional” RPGs.

2 Likes

Well i really dont like spliting game into 3 parts. I am againts episodic releases by Telltale Games (omg i am waiting for over 4 months for next wolf among us episode!!!), i didnt like Cognition released by parts and i doestn like this one eighter.

Even more annoying is that kickstarter campain offers only first act for its backers. Sure there is tier with all 3 acts but that one costs $480 which is almost 10 000CZK, i cant afford to pay that mutch for game, ever. I was willing to pledge up to $100 for all 3 acts but thats not possible …
(that means that i would increase my pledge if act 2 and act 3 was added maybe as addon for reasonable price /wink )

I like my games whole and complete. I can see reason for tearing game into pieces and selling it separately (because its mutch easier to finish smaller part of game and then use funds from selling 1st. act for development of next acts), i can see why they doesnt offer other acts as rewards (because in the end its going to be Mr. Bakala deciding if other acts will be developed), but that doest mean its not pissing me off. I really wish Warhorse guys could go back on the decision to tier game apart and develop it as one awesome big game.

The thing is each act is a separate game and the first act offers 30 hours of game play.

2 Likes

Calling them Acts probably wasn’t helpful. From what they’ve said this is campaign is for the first game in a traditional trilogy. Three separate games with distinct stories within an overarching narrative, rather than one game told episodically, like Mass Effect. So don’t worry, although I would like the chance for an affordable way to back all three parts.

2 Likes

Personally I’m expecting something similar to Mass Effect with separate parts that are knit together by the story continuum with some benefit given to those who have saves from previous games, but without absolute necessity to have played previous parts.

1 Like

Obviously, we didn’t do very good job of explaining it. So there two different things:

• the planned trilogy of Games
  • the first game in the trilogy, split into three Acts

What we are talking about here is Kingdom Come: Deliverance, the first game in what could be a trilogy of games (don’t ask me about the names of the other two games). Deliverance is split into three Acts, all of them have the same lead character, take place about the same time, in places that are not too far from each other.

13 Likes

Holy c**p! Thats a lot of game!

2 Likes

So this means if everything goes without any problems I can look forward to at least 5 games? First three with cca 30h gameplay and the later with around 70h (or split up in several acts).

Sweet :smile:

2 Likes

I’m confused. The majority of backers (including me) get Act 1 of the trilogy. Does this mean we are only getting one third of the first game, or are we getting the whole first game?

it means we are geting one third of first game

We are going to publish a large update on Acts and their structure next week, so we hope it will clear most of questions.

You can think about Deliverance as Starcraft 2: First Act is going to be like Wings of Liberty, second Act like Heart of the Swarm, etc. Together the three acts are Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

The next games are something further in the future, with only hazy details.

8 Likes

Looks like a good plan!

1 Like

Having thought that the trilogy WAS KCD Act I, II & III I am surprised and very pleased that in actual fact KCD (& Acts I, II and III) are only the first game of three. Looking forward to where this goes!

2 Likes

Good Job so far. I’m looking forward to it!

Well, thats absolutely brilliant news! Hope it turns out well. :wink:

Good to know. Do you know, if with Act 2 and 3 the area will be bigger and will you be able, to go back to the old ares (if there is more land added).
The same, if you plan the game as a triology… you already have an idea, if you can go back to the old area, or do you want to have a whole new story for the next games?
P.s.: But a small criticism: If act 1-3 belong to the same game, I agree with Jiskra… would have been nice, if you can have the whole game for a lower price…or maybe make a special price at the end for guys pledging before, since they all take a risk, nobody knows how the game will look in the end.

the entire price of the game is ~50 dollars. 24 dollar for first act, 15 for second, 15 for third.

that is about right for a triple a title.

? Didn’t think the official price had been announced yet.

Im pretty sure I read that the game areas of Acts II & III will somehow be attached to the area from act I. I don’t know whether that means a seamless addition to the map or a loading screen to a completely different area but they have said you will be able to go back and forth.

According to what I have heard, the areas of the Acts will take place in different regions so there will be some loading screen. And every new act will add some new quests into the old areas. You will be also able to travel between areas as you want. But I don’t know this. If the other acts take place in another year, moreover in other season, this would be quite weird. For example if the second act will take place during the winter, it would be odd to travel back to the summer. But some progression of the time would be much better, because even though the visual of CryEngine combined with the skills of really talented WH team is superior, it would be bit boring to have all acts in summer. And even some concept arts indicate that the Winter is Coming™ :wink:

2 Likes