Story split into three Acts

? Didn’t think the official price had been announced yet.

Im pretty sure I read that the game areas of Acts II & III will somehow be attached to the area from act I. I don’t know whether that means a seamless addition to the map or a loading screen to a completely different area but they have said you will be able to go back and forth.

According to what I have heard, the areas of the Acts will take place in different regions so there will be some loading screen. And every new act will add some new quests into the old areas. You will be also able to travel between areas as you want. But I don’t know this. If the other acts take place in another year, moreover in other season, this would be quite weird. For example if the second act will take place during the winter, it would be odd to travel back to the summer. But some progression of the time would be much better, because even though the visual of CryEngine combined with the skills of really talented WH team is superior, it would be bit boring to have all acts in summer. And even some concept arts indicate that the Winter is Coming™ :wink:

2 Likes

I think that if act 1 is Summer, and act 2 Winter, there will also be Winter in act 1 area. Also the year would have changed for act 1 are. It wouldn’t make realistically sense otherwise that a new array of quests spawns right after you have left and come back, in addition to the time leap; this isn’t Assassin’s Creed.

@STEUE, that didn’t even cross my mind; the idea that there could be different in-game time between each Act. I think it would be insane if it was like Ezio in the Assassin’s Creed series, where between each game the character, Ezio, ages like 10 years between each one.

1 Like

Youv got it reversed. They didnt even finish the story yet. It would more likely be a complete story (end, finall, everything the thought of so far). And then they will come up with (what happened next). It isnt a split story into 3 acts, more like 3 stories.

It’s a bit up in the air at the moment. Nothing is set in stone. Warhorse probably doesn’t want to promise too much beyond Act 1 in case it all falls through.