Suggestion for helmets

I had a suggestion for helmets, something that will improve game play and immersion.
What if when you wear a helmet that fully covers your face, it obscures your vision. It would be somewhat easy to do, if common knowledge on the subject doesn’t elude me. I just thought it would be a nice feature, and provide incentive to not wearing your armor around everywhere. Maybe an animation of putting on a helmet could server as the animation for donning armor?

That’s a good idea!. Been done in many games before, war of the roses for instance. I guess and hope that WH will include that! :slight_smile:

Weight, Mobility and Helmets

Long discussion about this very thing.

1 Like

Ah, cheers. hadn’t seen it due to the nature of this forum, and wanted to make sure that it had been put out there :smiley:

Yeah, I was playing War of the roses yesterday, someone on the forums mentioned it, and i thought it would be a neat little feature.

When the weather turns bad, I would add the characteristic ringing/drumming sound of raindrops falling down on your metal helmet - the rain effect should be loud enough to drive you nuts…

Well, I remember the only problem during the rain was that water was making small waterfalls right in to my visor. Raindrops sounded very nice thou =)

the slit on the visor would be too close to your eyes for there to be any real obstruction. stereoscopic vision and the closeness of the obstruction would make it opaque as well. i don’t really see much need of this “feature” other than a vignette effect on the edges of the screen in the shape of the slit to indicate you’re wearing a helmet.

I wouldn’t mind it but you also have to take into account, as mentioned above, even with small slits your eyes are very close to them, it’s not it would really obstruct a lot of your vie, rather just around the edges slightly at that.

That depends on the helmet. There were some models used especially for jousting for example that offered a really bad view… :wink:

How about being able to fold the visor down without drawing you weapon? it makes it easier to hide identity.