[Suggestion] - NPC walk/action speed buff

I could understand pacing yourself and walking slower but i think the animations of the legs could be sped up. When i watch the npcs walk it looks like they are almost in a slow motion.

Most of the animations have this slow motion effect, look closely at your feet and or shadow when you jump. During jumps you can actually pull your jump causing the animation to react more slowly.

I am hoping this gets fixed as they work on more motion capture with the new setup, but who knows if those animations were just temporary.

1 Like

no, not fixed yet but I think in next alpha we will be able to slow him down. Cause he is literally running around all the time

Unless using a game pad.

Sorry if I didn’t get some new infos, but is this walking/running pace of Henry still a thing or is it settled now? The NPCs move so lovely, so why do I run with the speed of a slow pick-up or very fast bicycle through the roads?

Henry walks in 0.3 slower than in 0.2. But he is a little faster than the NPCs.

It´s a compromise…

Farm people don´t rush for nothing. That is a very diferent pace of living.

History texts sai that in the begining of industrialization one of biggest problems was to “adjust” the rhythm of imigrants from country lands to the urban areas. Not that farm people are lazy, but the rush in human life is an urban thing.

2 Likes

We are.

As a modern day countryman… We’re lazy as F@ck. Seriously, it is a no pressure job. Our lives don’t depend that much on it! Our crops take a long time to grow, so we can afford to be relaxed and have a good time; literally watching grass grow.

Back then, a farmer would have his crop line(s) or field(s) if he was lucky and plant his crops for the seasons. As you can’t eat those crops yet, you’d have a small amount of livestock such as geese, pigs, and other such small livestock. You would always have two pigs at least. They are the agricultural must for a medieval farmer. They literally turn your scrap food, whatever it is, into meat! An added bonus is piglets, extra money and food.

Please tell me we have the same walk speed now… I can’t take games where you’re Usain Bolt reborn.

1 Like

Sorry, you are the fastest on the road. You walk 50% faster than any other NPC.

1 Like

@TobiTobsen Why do this to us? Why are we Usain Bolt?

@Warrior_Rose I guess the QA guys want to get their work done way faster. I mean, they should have codes for teleporting but the world is too beautiful to simply skip the scenery.

2 Likes

Okay, even I can’t be mad at that. Well said!

It´s not “be lazy”… it is an advanced smart management of the relation between effort/time & optimized results lol

1 Like

My first post on these forums was exatly about having same walking speed as NPCs.

Recently I finished Witcher 3 and even in this great game, there were instances wheh you had to switch between running and walking to stay close to your “walking companion”.
But It is much less problem when it is 1st person game.

I liked the Dead Dead Redemption walking feature, you can synchronize your speed with your ‘walking companion’

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be even better to just expand the speed differentials?
Some NPCs strolling/walking slowly while others dash fast across the field/square etc.
To make it believable that they are unique individuals. I think what ruins the illusion in most games is that NPCs “float” around in a steady controlled stream much like traffic. Having more dynamics between them will make a crowd look more alive I think.

2 Likes

I hope we will see this at some point.

For me the walking / riding speed at the moment is ok, BUT sometimes I wish I had an autowalk-button :slight_smile: .
But I would shoot this horse in an act of humanity because its endurance ist that bad.
Galopping should last a bit longer!
And I hope Henry get´s in better shape from all this walking around :slight_smile:
He should earn more running-endurance if he´s walking instead of riding!
I agree with former Posts:
Equalizing speed of characters walking in a questgroup seems to be a good idea.
I also like the Imagination of NPC´s moving in different speed, depending on their Intentions.
Maybe it looks more naturally.

Autowalk button?!
Then you need to download AutoHotkey and with a example script from other games
you can modify/edit it. Voilà… you can press a specificed button and walking automatic!

“Hold X to stay on the road” worked ok in FarCry4