System Requirements help

i am sword fighting in the camp with 7 FPS!

GeForce GT 740 M
Intel Core i5 4200U CPU @ 1.60 GHz
8 GB RAM
1366 X 768 Hz
DirectX 11

Is my system very low?

overclocking GPU will help?

I have:

i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX970

The game barely crawls on lowest graphics settings. For Alpha .3, I could run on High graphics and only hit momentary hiccups of lag.

it seemsto be a 0.4 memory issue

According to your specs, I assume you are playing on a laptop.

It is a very poor GPU. To give you an idea, the website http://www.futuremark.com give your GPU the 3DMark graphic score of ~1800 while my medium GPU gets ~8600 and good GPU get around 10000 or 15000, ever go up to 26000 !!

FYI with my medium GPU (R9 270X) I only get between 18 and 24 FPS…

Again, this is very low ! I5 is an average to good CPU type, but on a laptop, if it runs at 1.60 GHz it is very poor !
An average to good CPU is ticked around 3 or even 4 GHz (well ok, 4 may be a bit overclocking :smiley: or some extreme CPUs ).
To give you an idea mine is Athlon II x4 645 (4 core) and clocked at 3.10 GHz. It is way better than yours and I’m still stuck at 18-24 FPS.

That being said, everybody agrees to say that the 0.4 update is not running well (poor performances).

With my specs on 0.3 I was able to go stable 30 FPS with medium details. Now its ~20 in very low :smiley:

To summarize, your system is IMO very poor to play with but 0.4 is certainly not performance friendly.

Thank you for the information and the help… only think to do is buy new PC :smiley:

1 Like

Mine is
Core i5 M460 @2.53 GHz
4 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 420M
Windows 7 64 bits
will I have a chance the game works or should I change my PC while beta is delivered ?

Is there any way you can make a “very low” setting so that those of us who can’t afford a powerful computer can play? Something with minimalistic settings such as no shadows, less grass, etc.

1 Like

Maybe have it default on low settings, as well? I keep having to reset my computer because it keeps bogging down when I try to lower the settings.

It looks really good but the problems with how it runs on lesser computers ruins the game a bit.

1 Like

The current Low setting is already very minimalist.

These are the current minimum system requirements.

Minimum hardware requirements
Quadcore CPU
DirectX 11.0 capable GPU
8GB RAM
25GB HDD
Internet connection

If you meet or exceed them and are still having issues it is more then likely because there is more optimization still being needed.

There is a way I believe to set this in the launch options in steam but I don’t remember how Ill try to find it.

If you are crashing at the menu just changing your settings it may be time to upgrade your build.

I finally got it working and it runs just fine on low settings. The grass was the problem. Apparently there was so much grass that it hosed up my pc.