Testing Beta with Oculus Rift 0.7.0.0 - video below

Ciao,
I’m playing the beta in the past few days.
I’m a VR Rift fun and for these 1st RPG realistic games I think that VR must be used.

I added cryengine standard user.cgf and vr.cfg files in dir where system.cfg is (C:\Program Files (x86)\Warhorse Studios\KCD_Beta) and Oculus is working…so I’ll test the BETA game with the Rift on:

• files available here (http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SDKDOC4/VR+-+Oculus+Rift)
  • I’m using Oculus Rift DK2 v 0.7.0.0
  • horse riding is fine in open spaces…a little sickness in running in the forest
  • sword camp tutorial and figt need some minutes practice to adapt with the rift
  • the actor “no-head” sensation is something strange when looking down…

Overall a GREAT EXPERIENCE!

Note:
When launching with the DK2, game starts with a black screen because of the intro load video…when video ends (less than 1 min), hit enter and enter game start screen.

Ciao,
jimsco

Video Link

7 Likes

That’s awesome! Nice work!

Nice dude but one thing ,how come the character is so tall…?

Because I’m tall…if you see my Rift settings at the beginning of the video I have put 196cm height which is my real size…I’m tall

I’ve just run the game with a new size of 150 cm height and it is fine now.

I’ll post the new video tomorrow…with sound this time!

1 Like

Good god…people have issues getting sick from the player motion in this game as is…throw in VR and you’re going to kill someone at this rate! Lol

Ahahaa Darlandra! That’s true…the fact is that after the Oculus Rift…I can’t play games outside VR!

About the Panzer 813 question on the Height…I tested the Beta Game setting the Oculus Rift to the lowest Height Possible (cm132) and seems fine.
Here below the video I just recorded.
As you see, now my POV is at the same level of the actors in the game.
I also turn back on the horse to show the weapons details.
Video Link:

Ciao Prague Team,
here below my comments after testing the Oculus Rift. Consider them as useful suggestions to improve the game on VR side.

- put back the character head, also via console command…there is a head shadow but no head on the body

- via a console command, be able to move the 1st person camera in X,Y,Z axis: this can let the player adjust the POV and especially have a 3rd person view if needed (positioning the camera view at the back of the player)

- the console command CL_FOV xx is not working when using the Oculus Rift…the FOV setting is mandatory in VR so please make it work also for the Rift

- pressing I or T or M I activate the menù panel, but in VR is fixed to the screen…moving the head you can’t read around the info and you can not see the menù borders

If you make these adjustements…the VR experience would be much more appreciated and playable.

Best,
jimsco

1 Like

Any update on Oculus compatibilty?
Thanks
Jimsco

Not right now. Oculus is a low priority at the moment, as we focus on the release version. This is something we can take care about later, after the release again.

ok thanks.
Is there a way to do this action, via console command or via another command?

• be able to move the 1st person camera in X,Y,Z axis: this can let the player adjust the POV and especially have a 3rd person view if needed (positioning the camera view at the back of the player)

Just POV right now, but as you told this might be difficult with oculus right now. It will maybe be possible later with the final game when we will provide mod support, but we have no further details about it yet.

I wonder if this would currently work with VIve as well?