The Archery Tournament

So I finally got the Archery tournament working, but I kinda got screwed over in a way haha.

Here have a look see:

It would be nice to have some sort of direction on where I am to shoot :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Nice one. Such a shame the framerate is not that good but i like it. :slightly_smiling:

I’m going to be upgrading my Pc/getting a new one, a month before full release.

You should have had another go once you worked out what you were actually trying to shoot at.

New graphics cards from both red and green look like pretty big jumps in performance. Both are supposedly coming out in the next few months, so should hopefully line up with the release of the game.

Thats nice to hear, so we can expect more videos about our favourite game. :smiley:

1 Like

This be ye old Pc I be saving my groshen for - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/LPks99
pretty expensive, my current one roughly cost £600 (5 years ago)
If I going to be upgrading, i’m gonna do it in style, go big or go home as they say haha

1 Like

This looks amazing.

1 Like

This motherboard in comibation with 2X4Gb ram is not the best idee. It has only 2 ram slots. You can´t (easy) upgrade your memory. 8GB ram is the minimum for KCD. 16GB should be better.
Choose another motherboard with 4 slots. Or get 16GB (2x8) ram now.

Archery on targets is pretty easy.
Before equip the bow, aim with the middle point on the target, but not the center … aim higher, maybe at the blue ring.
Now equip the bow, DON´T move with the mouse. Shoot at the right moment. You waggle always around the center.
Before running out of stamina, stop (use the second mouse button).

With every contest you win, you get a strength point. More strength…> less shake!

Good Luck! :smile:

Oh, I don’t need help with the shooting, that sentence was merely because I was shooting at the wrong target and wasn’t told I had to miss one out. I would have still lost, but bare in mind I haven’t used it since 0.2 really. :smiley:

Thanks anyway

Haha, literally the same thing happened to me. Would have won too, but realized far too late what was going on.

Haven’t been able to get the tourney up again since. Sad day, lol.

When first starting with archery, don’t enter a tournament. Stand about halfway to the target so you can see better where the arrows are landing (or missing). Get the hang of shooting: “2” (to hold the bow), left mouse button down to aim, release left button to shoot. Right button to exit aiming without shooting.

Go to the shop keepers chest in Samopesh around 3AM, pick the lock and take the John’s Wort and Eyebright, then head over to the herb woman’s house and make a bunch of Archers potions.

When you want to shoot for coins drink a potion BEFORE talking to the archery rangemaster. Especially early on, it will help your aim a lot.

You can buy some extra arrows from Lesek in Samopesh. Otherwise you need to but from the guy with the failed archery range in Samopesh.

Once you get better at it, shooting is a way to earn enough money to afford arena fighting. Not to mention building up skill. I wouldn’t recommend going after Cumans until you’re archery is good.