The console community and DLC

Ok so many people don’t own top of the line thousand dollar computers but many people own consoles, which everyone knows doesn’t support modding at all and can result in banning or voiding the warranty, terms of agreement etc. So we will not be able to use many interesting new game features while PC users will. Will warhorse work with its modding community and maybe (with the modders help and/or approval) create downloadable DLC with new interesting content not like the game? Does the community want this feature?

pretty sure microsoft/sony will want a cut of the action if that happens so it might end up being paid

1 Like

yeah true but its worth paying for the content

Microsoft and Sony should finally get their butts in gear and release an official modding platform (like Steam workshop) on their ecosystems…

5 Likes

it is a good idea but could be difficult to actually pull off . it would be a bit cheeky of warhorse if they were to charge for you to download mods . unless of course the modder got a chunk of the profit made .

if they were to say release the top 5 mods to console for say 80 microsft points and the equivalent on PSN and split the proceeds with the modder and of course the chunk , sony and Microsoft take

2 Likes

yes that would be a great idea because I’m really looking forward to the mod ideas. or maybe Warhorse could release their modding system to the console community (not sure if they can do that but they might be able to since warhorse has been designing most of its own programs) but maybe put it on a separate disc or something

Eventually Microsoft and Sony will let the modding community mod games on consoles. Be patient!

i dont think they will and if they do i would put my mortgage on it being some sort of paid service

1 Like

Yeah they would probably charge 60 bucks a month for “Free” mods :wink:

1 Like

@BearKing you could always get a steam machine that are coming out. (not sure when) They will be quite a bit more powerful than the current consoles but will be the same price or cheaper. Mods will be available on them as well.

yeah I wouldn’t hold my breath

Why is that the steam box is showing up on the steam store so you wouldn’t have to wait long.

Yes but they are either A expensive as hell or B not very good systems. The cheapest I’ve seen on there are 499 and with small ram and pretty basic graphics cards

1 Like

Uh no the 500 dollar one is better than the ps4 and xbox one. Also you can upgrade them which is a huge plus. Plus modding, free online, more games, and more. People who buy the current consoles will be stuck with them until a new console generation comes out. And they are already struggling to run the newer games coming out. The steam machine you can just put in new parts to keep up with the games. Not to mention probably the biggest plus in my opinion is they will have steam.

Lets also keep in mind although it may be 100 dollars more you will actually pay more for a ps4 and xbox. You need to pay 60 bucks for online for both consoles and games on the consoles are almost always 60 bucks. So that right there makes the ps4 and xbox one more expensive than the steam machine. Most AAA games on steam will go on sale for like 10-5 bucks if you get a good sale which happen often. So if you want a ps4 you’ll have to pay 400 dollars for an inferior piece of equipment plus 120 dollars if you want online and a game which would make it around 520 bucks for the ps4 vs 500 bucks for the steam machine.

Yeah but that’s not my argument. My argument is that most own a console and not everyone owns a good laptop and I’m wondering about console modding

Not sure what laptops have to do with this but i wouldn’t count on mods for consoles. But you can always buy a steam machine or pc :wink:

1 Like

Trick question. Why would you need a thousand dollar PC?

Given how console gaming has retarded technical development you really don’t need a top-of-the-range PC these days. Something mid-range is perfectly capable of running everything out there at max, cruddy console, settings.

Very few are even capable of tapping a medium-to-low spec machine.

1 Like

You don’t. You can beat a console for 400-500 bucks now a days. It used to be that you had to pay 1,000 bucks to compare to console but luckily thats changed.

1 Like

I agree completely. To get a PC that can actually do MAX settings costs $1,000+.

To get a PC that can match what the X1 and PS4 can do (and consoles are optimized for games, while PCs are not since everyone has different configurations, etc.) is also near a thousand dollars, if not more.

And, a lesser point, is technology improves year to year, and PC games will undoubtedly want to take advantage of this. So it’s a perpetual cycle of upgrading software and hardware, year to year.

Consoles are inherently inferior, but they can produce AAA games for 5-6 years, since games are optimized, and you’re playing on a TV, sitting 10-15 feet away, instead of looking up close on a monitor. Resolution becomes inherently less important the further you’re away from the screen. It doesn’t mean that less resolution is as good as more. Obviously PC’s with crisp resolution and framerates is king. That’s undeniable. But we’re comparing apples and oranges. And sometimes from afar, an orange might look like an apple :slight_smile:

I can assure you this is a huge misconception. My pc was around 500 and its on par if not slightly better than the ps4. I built it 5 years ago and ive only had to replace one part which was my processor. Most games i get around 50-60 fps and 1080p. Im struggling to run some of the newer games at those settings but i im thinking about getting a new graphics card anyway. There are also tons of sights that have budget builds which out perform both consoles for around the same price.

And if you did build a pc for 700 bucks (which would be far better than both consoles) You would get your money back pretty fast due to extremely cheap games and no online fees.

Pc gaming has become a lot cheaper in the last 5 years. You no longer have to buy twice the price for twice the performance.