The Escapist under attack since 4am

they already are ignoring them in that way. but don’t mistake ignoring them with just flat out refusing to mention the issue and pretending that resolutions occur without any input or conflict of ideas.

and i have to say, any real information that hopes to establish context needs to recognize specific players and events. that will cause butthurt, strawmen, and angry response. there’s no way around it. trying desperately to avoid antagonizing them and looking like the bad guy means their censorship and coercion tactics have worked.

and again we see the paradox, how will we know of the issue without gamergate making the news? to paraphrase a great christopher hitchens retort, “we can’t all be smart like you, some of us need the news to stay informed” :wink:

a rebel, agitator, or “troll” is sometimes a valuable thing.

Now you’re getting it. Good for you! :smile:

I would rephrase that only slightly: “Pre-Order only from companies and games that are consistent in demonstrating they understand what you want and are working hard to deliver it.”

Pre-orders are always a crap shoot, really… but (particularly in the Indie space) there is no better way to prove to the investors or potential investors that “there is a market” and, for many these days, that IS a requirement.

1 Like

A thought-provoking introspective on the issue

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” or:
“Evil prevails when good men fail to act.” –Edmund Burke (1729–1797), Irish statesman

Yet the thing is, from the little I know about it: there are no “good people” in this conflict, on either side! It’s just evil fighting evil, idiots against idiots; Nazis versus Communists.

It would’ve been wise, Mr. Vávra, if you just completely stayed out of the controversy. I’m ashamed to tell to my friends about Kingdom Come: Deliverance because of your involvement in this scandal!

And Daniel Vavra is a nazi or a communist according to you? I’m sure you will show us all these terrible things that Dan has done or said that make him such a bad person. Or you won’t, and you are just using a fallacy guilt by association?

You should be ashamed of your own ignorance, not about Dan’s involvement in GamerGate.

I have used an analogy: A (GamerGate) is to B (Feminist video game journalists) as C (Nazism) is to D (Communism) to point out that this isn’t a “good or evil” thing – but just an “evil or evil” thing! My point is still valid.

Yes, blasphemy! Because the world revolves around video games and I should know what every game designer thinks and does! Maybe I should… What do you believe in, Mr. Vávra? @Hellboy Here you have a chance to explain yourself.

Well, no one forces you to listen what Daniel Vavra thinks. You can just unfollow his twitter, ignore this thread and problem solved!

And you might be surprised, but he leads a team of 70 people that creates a video game. I can’t imagine the workload, but I’m sure it’s huge, so I think I can easily say that his world for a big part really revolves around video games. Who do you think should comment happenings in the game industry if not leading game developers?

Ok, so you are ashamed that Daniel Vavra is involved in GamerGate, you make stupid exaggerated analogies about nazis and communists, and yet you don’t even know what are Vavra’s opinions on this matter? Now you should be ashamed of your comments even more.

First, I’m interested in this game, KC: D, and that’s why I’m here on this forum.

Second, read my comments carefully. I haven’t criticized Daniel Vávra personally, but only his involvement with GamerGate:

Siding with bullies to fight other bullies is just a no-brainer! If I would’ve been in his position or that of another game developer, I would’ve criticized both parties!

Third, since you say that I make

– read this:

and this:

Fourth, besides the fact that he has a problem with feminism (of which I’m not too sympathetic myself), Mr. Daniel Vávra hasn’t stated much about his political views and religious beliefs, if he has any (though, on the other side, not having a religious belief is a belief in itself), and I’m curious to know which these are, since they will undoubtedly influence the message of his game’s story.

Are you seriously trying to say that people involved with gamergate think that all women are for are raising children and staying at home? There are women with gamergate you know that right? Ill agree the feminists like communists are completely batshit crazy and just want attention but comparing gamersgate to nazis is absolutely ridiculous

They might not seeing how the story will be based around real events. Religion will obviously be apart of the game seeing how its 1400s Europe.
Also you claim gamergate is made up of bullies but ive yet to see gamergate shut down websites and compare people to ISIS and attack game devs and call all men who play video games sickos who love to rape and murder women.

I’m rather trying to say that people involved with GamerGate are for “excluding [women] from all positions of responsibility, notably in the political and academic spheres.”

There are also women with Neo-Nazis.

Yes, but what worries me more is: will the developers remain objective or will the representation of “religion” be distorted by their own views of it? The cleric (?) in the Live Stream @12:58 already seems corrupt.

Please provide quotes and evidence that gamergate thinks the only role women should have is staying at home raising children. Ill find plenty of feminists saying men are evil and should be killed and that we are all rapists and murderers.

I got one thing to say: Its nonsense and i dont care, we have more serious problems in this world then some trolls with few botnets and angry womens.

This game is about Hussites — try to find what Jan Hus did and why.

2 Likes

dans political , religious beliefs are irrelevant as they do not represent warhorse studios as a whole . By him publicly expressing a view , that some people may disagree with and choose not the buy the game from that basis and he has then done his own company a disservice .
secondly he is not single handily building the game therefore many different people with many different views are getting an input into the game as a whole . which would balance the game out somewhat .

Although i am sure the team has researched the religious background of the area and will represent the area as close to that as possible

2 Likes

i’m pretty sure objectivity wise, this game will be fine. the devs have avowed a “show, don’t tell” approach, meaning they will show the historical facts, but they won’t moralize or tell you what to think about it.

ideological biases and haranguing agenda pushing is more the tactic of social justice warriors and anti-gamergate buffoons.

1 Like

This worries you lol sorry but Religion mainly Christianity had a huge role in Europe so when you back a realistic medieval game expect Christianity to be a big part of the story.

Wowzers. Twisted pantaloons everywhere.

Lol. Most original.

Quite right. And the early church was even more corrupt than the current incarnation. I see no issues here.

In the order of appearance:

True. Yet he is the Creative Director. He has the last word. And he’s the one who built up the team.

I hope they will remain true to that. I doubt they will succeed.

You don’t understand what I’m talking about. Of course I expect Christianity to be a part of KC: D’s story! But will its representation be authentic or distorted? Don’t be naïve: the game’s story may just as well be written by atheists. Will this affect their depiction of Christianity? Yes, it will.

The Medieval Church is not the Early Church. The Medieval Church is the… “Middle” Church.

@Wenceslaus, TheDivineInfidel, 213, SirWarriant, rustypup
Maybe the discussion about religion and Jan Hus should be moved to a separate topic (but don’t expect me to start it), since it has next to nothing to do with the theme of this one.

@All
I didn’t sleep too well last night, so I will just exit this conversation. I have said what I wanted to say.

How you can say about someone that he is a no-brainer and at the same time claim that you don’t critisize him personaly? You are crazy.

I can’t speak for Vavra, but I’m convinced that his opinion about feminism is very similar to majority of GamerGate, which means that he is only against radical feminism pushed in todays “progressive” media, and he has no problem with equality feminism represented by Christina H. Sommers or Cathy Young.

And this has what exactly to do with gamergate or our discussion? I mean like, WTF?

I don’t know his beliefs, but he did mention a religion once on twitter. lol

That is just bald-faced lie. It’s complete bullshit, and if you claim something like this, i’m sure you can provide the evidence…? Or you are just going to continue in your idiotic analogies with nacism? Until this moment, you haven’t provide a single evidence to support you claims, you are contradicting yourself and you are only derailing this thread.

I didn’t say that he is a no-brainer. I said that what he did is a no-brainer.

Thank you!

By the way, whoever understands what I’m talking about (i.e. that between two evils it is best to choose neither) and wants to defend me – or rather my point of view –, feel free to do so. I myself won’t bother – I am too tired to do so, too tired of endless, meaningless arguments on the Internet.

Ever will I [pagan] gods blaspheme
Freyja methinks a dog does seem,
Freyja a dog? Aye! Let them be
Both dogs together Odin and she! (Hjalti Skeggiason)