The EU and possible exits

yea but you never win so its all good :slight_smile:

1 Like

We do! The first one against France 1871, when Otto of Bismark insulted the french and make them starting a war. Germany (Prussia and Bavaria) wins and German Reich was born. Not so subtile like Thatchers war but I see similarities here. :wink:

And insulting the french should also be a british hobby, or am I wrong? :laughing:

absolutely :slight_smile: its a requirement of British citizenship :slight_smile:

[quote=“DrFusselpulli, post:63, topic:23403”]
We do! The first one against France 1871, when Otto of Bismark insulted the french and make them starting a war. Germany (Prussia and Bavaria) wins and German Reich was born. Not so subtile like Thatchers war but I see similarities here.
[/quote] your like the kid with anger management . its ok when you flip out . the adults just come and settle you down , take away a few of your toys for a number of years :slight_smile: and make you pay the poor old man back for his fence that you broke down :slight_smile:

1 Like

Atleast your honest about it. This is one thing you have to love about europe though: The Nationalist fools are incapible of forming a common list because they can’t agree whether to blame muslims or jews for everything and so they are divided in lots of tiny irelevent parties. There is even an NPD guy in parlimant, but what harm is he gona do there on his own?

And strangly enouth we would probably take them. They have proven bad at voting and Bavaria has a larger population. But than so have we so lately. Who knows how it would play out. Atleast there rich. Northeners constantly talking down on them kind of makes them sympathatic.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=10&v=5JNz0Zyp62M :slight_smile:

Nice to be a little giveaway.

Do you really like to meet a Bavarian in Prague?

If you don’t like our prime minister Horst Seehofer, I do not know why.
He makes a great job as a flag on a flagstaff.
Showing the Bavarian Colors and turns with the wind.

I guess he would inspire Karl Valentin if this was still possible.

Naa… for sure :wink:
This is not taken seriously, I like Bavarians and have bavarian friends. :smiley:

And I prefer Edmund Stoiber, his monolog about transrapid railway from munich to airport is unbeaten! :laughing:
But Seehofer is also a guy with lots of creativity and fantasy. It must be mountain air or some kind of this, I can not explain :smiley:

Sure since this speech I was so glad that I can catch my flight at the railway central station. It seems that only foreigners have difficulties with this fact.

No, it is not the mountain air. You will learn this kind of thinking if you join the famous Bavarian Mountain Navy. Especially the submariners are going really in depth.

A other prime minister Günther Beckstein once said that you still can drive a car after you endjoyed two liters of beer.
So everybody in Bavaria knows this have to be “Biergeschmatz”.

1 Like

Well than I recomend voting for someone who intends to actually rule themselves rather than hoping the freemarket will all of sudden, miraculously solve it’s/the peoples problems. Giving up the goverments influence on the issues that actually matter can hardly be called ruling. It’s retreating (the people) from power.

Can we. Clarify if this was meant to be a pun or. Not :slight_smile:

I did , I voted for UKIP in election here last month :slight_smile:

Yes, I tryed to make a pun. Sorry as a Bavarian, I have to admit that my English is worser as my German.

1 Like

Haha it’s ok I’m English and my English is still shit :slight_smile:

With ridiculas things like hungarian admirals or danub flotillas you never know. But what mountains would you even deploy the mountain navy in :stuck_out_tongue: ? The bavarian share of the alps being so tiny. Not that alps are any good generally, they mostly just get in the way.

1 Like

Funny, in Italy we’re saying the same things, the EU had ruined Italy, and Italy have to pay for everyone and we are the milk cow of europe and also: thanks to the central bank now we’re in a huge economical crisis and Germany is doing everything in its powers to destroy our country for stealing all of our moneys, personally i believe most politicians in every EU country are using EU and Euro as a kind of shield for to hide their junk politics… and their scams and their theft, i’m definitely not against EU, but just against the actual (wrong) political way that rules all over the member countries.

5 Likes

One main problem is the lack of media on EU scale, we only know our national perspecitve. We know about EU and other countries from our national perspecitve, but everything we know about this scale of politics came from media, this is the only scource we have. We do not have personal experience there and no sences about this, we can not see, feel or touch EU. All we know comes from media an there is this huge bias of national perspective media.

And this leads to a lack of democracy, because if you want to have a real choice, you need to know about what choice you want to choose. Its not a decision if you are blind, that is random. But all we can see at EU scale comes through filter of national media.
And that is a huge huge problem in EU.

2 Likes

Agreed, the main reason is: MONEYS, what was born after the great tragedy of the WW2, to unify all of the suffering countries, to prevent other conflicts and to have the powers for facing USA economy without being completely ate by them, has been transformed in something that rolls exclusively on economy, the social factor doesn’t exists and if someone wants to point out on the social factor, that someone will find nothing else than a kind of concrete wall in front of his face. The dream is wonderful because if you German are coming in Italy, basically it’s your country because we’re both a part of a kind of a huge nation, and also the economical problems that we are facing lastly in every member country, are due to the fact that USA really doesn’t want that the Euro has a better value than the US dollar (like it is now), and considering that they are “The world economy”, we’re in trap. USA never liked the idea of a EU, this is the basic reason why, from the next year there will be the TTIP which is an abomination for our countries.I believe what should be the very real EU, has been destroyed by USA banking system, putting in the central bank their own sharks, such as Mr. Draghi…

Another example is the Ukrainian crisis, and the fines and penalties against Russia which was our main trader parthner and a huge piece of EU economy, the very smart and nice move could be, breaking up all of the commercial pacts with USA and make a very new deal with Russia and China

2 Likes

Well there is EuroparlTV, during the election that was probably the program to watch. But sometimes, in regards to greece, it feels more like the properganda channel of the EU as it is. The internet definitly has the capacity to create a european public though. After all europe does have an army of translators.

I think that’s a little heavy on the anti-americanism. They where pretty encouraging of a stable/united western europe after the war. Even if it did serve there own porpouses by giving them allies and exess to stable markets. But I deffinitly don’t see the point of TTIP. It’s silly enouth to ship irsh butter to germany when it could be easily produced on site. Kerrygold is redicliously popular over there, other butter lables copy the way it looks. But why should we encourage wasting ressources by shiping more stuff across the atlantic?

Yes, but who do? This is so small its irrevelvant.

I know, i only discovered it after the elections, by accident more or less. But it’s really sad because the covrage of the election on national televison was reeeeaaaaaly boring. It was the same old thing like every election. The candidates dabate who the real winner is rather than talkin about actual contend. Spitzenkandidaten was actually a thing, they actually had debates! but who are people supposed to know if it’s barely covered?

1 Like