The firts bow quest

Hello there. I have a question about the first mini quest. When you get the money (10 piece), can you actually own a bow or just shoot for money?

Cheers

I have been looking for some pesant who could give me work, but with no result. Maybe it is somebody who is inside the buildings, but I am not able to open the doors :wink:,only possibility is to wait until somebody is getting in or out.

But still I would like to thank you to Warhorse studio for such great tasting of this game!

U can open nearly all doors, u have to wait a secong and dont click twice.

I didnt find anyone either, seems no job for me. i think it may be the blacksmith but i cant talk to him after accepting the quest for money.
the shepard doesnt offer a job.

i found 2 jobs:

first talk to the smith (just to meet him and to see what an ‘‘idiot’’ he is) than go to a farmer up to the hill, near the forest (north-west corner on the map, working on a field during the day) and talk to him. he will explain you how loud the smith is all day and night. after that he will offer you a quest to steal the smiths ‘‘whistle’’. Go back to the smith and ask him where he lives, go to his home, steal the whistle and take it back to the farmer = quest completed

the second job is to bring the lost sheep to the shepherd. the lost sheep is located near the small river, close to the farmer from the first quest. you have to guide the sheep all the way to the shepherd. the shepherd is located south-east part of the map corner during the day = quest completed

all together you get 10 money pieces and can ‘‘borrow’’ the bow and shoot for money.

good luck and heapy waiting for the next update :smiley:

3 Likes

Where does the smith live?

There are multiple big houses.

Please, this is not even gameplay topic. Plus there is a ton of threads about this. LOOK FOR THEM

1. ask the smith about himself
  2. ask the peasant at the first field where the game starts about himself
  3. grab a flute at the big house on the right side of the bridge, if you search for the topic about alpha content, there is a screenshot
  4. return the flute to the smith

You can return the flute to the farmer who asked you to take it as well.

then you only get 8 coins and cant afford a bet with the archer

So has anyone tried to shoot villagers yet? Is it possible?

There are 3 quests in this Alpha.

1 - Steal the flute.
This quest has 2 outcomes. 1. You give it back to the blacksmith for 10 coins or 2. You give it to the farmer for 8 coins.

2 - Find the lost sheep.
Pretty basic, you just ‘herd’ (chase) the sheep back to the Sheppard. The reward is 2 coins and a torch. The torch is pretty epic at night time so its well worth doing. The mechanic of herding the sheep is a pretty cool one as well (and works surprisingly well). I cant wait to see how its fits into the final game.

3 - Archery contest.
You use your 10 coins and make a bet with the archer. If you win you get your coins back + extra. This quest is repeatable but (according to posts) toy need to score high to get given extra arrows (I have only done it once, I haven’t tried out the ‘repeatable’ part yet).

And if you don’t want to restart after you get the bow…
open the console and type “save MySave” or something (without quotes)
After next game start open console in menu and type “load MySave” (without quotes)
You can use every word instead of MySave to save and load a game.

EDIT: doesn’t work at a second a try?! :’(

1 Like