The †roll Cave ®™

No the orders would have came from way up top the mayor who then answers to the governor who then answers to the president. Martial law was declared i’m pretty sure so that decision definitely came from the mayor or governor.

“any nation that gives up a little liberty for a little more security deserves neither and will lose both”-Benjamin Franklin. You may be ok with them violating your rights but sure as hell am not.

No executive orders are almost impossible to get rid of.

The U.S by definition is a republic so i don’t know why you’re face palming. Any law the citizens vote on can be overturned by congress.

Obama care was ruled unconstitutional but he signed an executive order to pass it anyway. He couldn’t get away with getting rid of congress . How ever executive orders are mean’t for national emergencies and can go against the constitution. But Obama signs them all the time.

And you think he cares about the constitution? He’s violated it a shit ton of times.

wasnt aware of that in that case yes you’re right it would of came from way up

[quote=“SirWarriant, post:1669, topic:21032”]
“any nation that gives up a little liberty for a little more security deserves neither and will lose both”-Benjamin Franklin. You may be ok with them violating your rights but sure as hell am not.
[/quote] ok then , right so three guys are inside your parents house shooting your family members one by one and the swat are just outside standing there "sorry mate just waiting for a warrant " you would be ok with that ?

the UK is a constitutional monarchy we are still a democracy though

democracy definition. A system of government in which power is vested in the people, who rule either directly or through freely elected representatives. Note: Democratic institutions, such as parliaments, may exist in a monarchy.

thats why i was face palming as you generally thought that a republic is separate from a democracy .

So you would be ok with police kicking your doors down pointing guns at you because there might be terrorists in the area? You cannot run a country like that. You can’t just break someone’s door down on the slightest suspicion. That would just be a corrupt dictatorship. Anyway the fucking terrorists would hear the police coming from miles away. They were rolling down the street in apcs and full combat gear.

Yes but by definition we are a Republic. In a true Democracy the people make the rules and vote on them. In a republic the people elect people to represent them and make laws for them.

no a democracy as stated in the official definition

" A system of government in which power is vested in the people, who rule either directly or through freely elected representatives. " i elect an MP in my area for parliament who then votes on laws and laws are passed through the parliament , making the uk a a democracy

re·pub·lic
rəˈpəblik/
noun
a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.
archaic
a group with a certain equality between its members.

They are generally referred to as separate things. If they were the same thing then there wouldn’t be separate definitions for them.

no which is why i said the security services have a hard job getting the balance right

yes and no , you vote for a president , i vote for a prime minster literally the only differences , they’re the same thing just different styles of it . you’re still a democracy

Heres the differences.

Well i’m not ok with my damn door being busted down. You seem to like this guilty until proven innocent thing. I haven’t done anything wrong so they cannot by law break my door down.

Frequently, politicians, and many ordinary Americans, refer to the United States as a democracy. Others find this aggravating because, unlike in a democracy where citizens vote directly on laws, in the United States, elected representatives do – and, therefore, the U.S. is a republic.

Straight from google my friend.

from your own source

“What is a Republic?
The term “republic” as used today refers to a representative democracy with an elected head of state, such as a president, serving for a limited term.”

i dont vote directly on laws either

So you don’t live in a democracy then either.

so you would support the swat standing their letting your family get murdered because they dont have a warrant , yes or no question

That is not even close to the same thing. We are talking about SWAT bursting into random houses because there might be terrorists inside. If they had good reason to believe the terrorist was in my house and knew i was in danger sure.

Oh and i can defend myself where i live but you couldn’t.

so what do i live in because it certainly isnt a republic and going by the definition you just quoted no one on this planet lives in a democracy .

but i think you will you have muddled yourself up , the senate is elected to represent the people making the democratic process same as in the UK

ok argue with every source that comes up saying that the U.S is a republic what ever.

but your not home .

[quote=“SirWarriant, post:1682, topic:21032”]
That is not even close to the same thing. We are talking about SWAT bursting into random houses because there might be terrorists inside. If they had good reason to believe the terrorist was in my house and knew i was in danger sure
[/quote] but they would be impeding your right would they not ?
so their has to be a balance. like i said i think they were to heavy handed in the boston bombings

What about you @snejdarek would you support the police randomly breaking your door down and treating you like a criminal because there might be a terrorist in your house?

so can i ?? just because we cant have a gun doesnt mean we cant defend ourself .

Well theres a fire arm in my house so im sure my family could defend themselves. Besides if they tried to break in the police would be called and then the Swat could enter my house.

Im pretty sure if they saw someone being held hostage in a house that gives them justification to go in. We are talking about the SWAT randomly entering peoples homes with no warrant and no evidence.

Oh right your fists. Uh oh theres two of them and one has a knife what are you going to do now watch as they enter your home waiting for the end?

Im not wording it wrong you said you would be ok with the police randomly kicking your door in because there could be a terrorist in the area.