Third person would be great for Kingdom Come!

I understand your points.
but as I described above, it probably wont be happening from 1st Act. (who know about next ones…)

Yea, there are some fans who feel strongly obliged to defend one or the other side.

I don’t see it so complicated in my opinion. I voted for “I am OK with 3rd person view but I’ll play 1st view”. So if 3rd person view is added I don’t care, if some players like to play the game mainly in 3rd person view. So if 3rd person view is added as a option my vote hasn’t to be counted. But if Warhorse would think of switching from 1st person view to only 3rd person view, my vote is a clear no to that opinion.
I guess also that people that are voting for “I don’t care, give me the choice” wanted 1st person view and 3rd person view in the game and to switch between this options as they see fit.
So they vote for 3rd person view as a addon. They didn’t vote for a pure 1st person view or 3rd person view.

4 Likes

Well since then it will stay unplayable for me and many others due to motion sickness.

1 Like

I’m sorry, i find this argument down right absurd (and this is coming from a pro TPV person). I’m sure that there are some people who suffer from motion sickness, but everyone pro TPV person is now playing the motion sickness card.

If you truly do you get motion sickness from TPV, then why would you (and others) back a game that is very clearly advertised as first person only?

Thx God for 1st person view… Witcher 3 and his charracter maneuverability with 3rd was terrible. Travel with horse primarily… Hit open gates with horse was top difficult quest in the game.

Dunno what tpv is but I backed originally couse I liked the idea , and since was in early stage of development I reserved to backe for more if I liked the direction taken . Since all videos where showing third person to show how cool things looked and how gameplay worked I supposed third person view was an option … Understanding that it was not then I dropped interest in the game and didn’t backe for more . Sorry but like me many have a problem with the first person only games that implement too many crazy animations and since the combat is all about animation it will be too hard to stand in first person , especially if you want to use oculus rift or similar technologies.

Without having tried it how can you tell?

The animations are not as disorienting as in some other titles because the world is scaled appropriately and the animations are not exaggerated.

I voted a ‘middle ground’ because I see no reason for 3rd person not to eventually be implemented… but this was originally presented as first person - and I want that to be the emphasis for development until it is ‘right’… after that whatever work is needed to make 3rd person function seems fine… but I don’t want a half assed 1st person because the development wanders off into 3rd person as the primary mode.

Just an opinion here, but there is no better way to be immersed into a world then when you are playing from a 1st person perspective. Furthermore, the combat in KCD wouldn’t even come as close to having the authentic feel it has in the game if 3rd person were an option. 1st person view attempts to have it as if you were really there. Again, just my opinion, but I do think that these points hold merit.

1 Like

Actually, the combat from 3rd person view is almost unplayable, you have no idea what is happening and your reactions are slower.
Believe me I tried it.

1 Like

I detest that somebody is posting and diminishing the fact that I’m getting ill to the point that I need to walk away from this game, and feel ill and have headache for about an hour afterwards.

THIS IS HAPPENING! I not freaking making this up, so you can just take your idiot judgement and disappear to a hot inhospitable location without air conditioning, aka he77.

As I mentioned when I necro’d the thread, this may have a lot to do with shitty beta framerates, BUT if poor framerate is left unresolved in the final release (I have a GTX 980Ti 6 GB vRAM … etc…) and the first chapter is not going to have a TPV for just moving around (YES leave FPV for combat - no arguement there) then we who suffer will be making ourselves heard with customer support.

1 Like

Here is my two cents about a Third-Person feature:
Why the fuck not?

It does not matter if it is being used or not, more power given to the player is more power from the game. Considering there is a console (which there is in CryEngine 3), and I doubt they will ever disable it, there is already a third person.
Ref: Cryengine.com

So, I would rather that the devs did official support on this and added the mode, with settings and whatnot, than it being a forgotten command left out and buggy or worse, disabled in the final game.

Not that I think this would require much work. Maybe someone to add the code, tweak it, fix to the game. I think they have enough resources to do this.

2 Likes

Simple , watched the video when in first person combat , and it shacked the camera all over , this will surely induce to motion sickness for prolonged gameplay , its a similar issue some other few games have like the far cry series and the mirror edge one, but its typical of the games that try to simulate. To much with animations and first camera view only .

Wow, you lads get motion sickness? Turn Motion Blurr off. (Although even with Motion Blurr on I did not get motion sick, like, seriously?)

Like, seriously dude, yeah like headache when I had to much to drink like the night before.

Feeling like a broken record here, it could be the crappy framerate, or I don’t what, because I use TrackIR in combat flight sims and other games and that type of extreme motion does not affect me. For KCD it’s all about the FPV game image jerking around when your body doesn’t feel motion input at all, and worse you aren’t providing input even with a mouse (horseback and image bobbing), so the disconnect between the senses/input is the source. I don’t get motion sick on a boat, never have even in bad weather on North Atlantic.

Remember the movie ‘Blair Witch Project’ filmed entirely with FPV handheld? Google Blair Witch Project motion sickness, so yes, seriously lots of people get sick from this disconnect.

I will play in 1st but could imagine to try a 3rd if existed. But lets speak frankly folks, no one has ever said that even if there is only a 1st view in Act1 that there will never be a 3rd in another Act (as long there will come another act). So there is allways some space to hope for an add later when the game overachieves.

2 Likes

Nope, 3rd person wouldn’t be great for KCD! Practically, it will ruin the immersion.

1 Like

This is just your personal opinion though. Having an OPTION for first or third person doesn’t hurt anyone. It makes everyone happy.

This is a SINGLE PLAYER game. So why the fuck do you care if someone else will enjoy it more in third person? Play your first, I play my third, and everyone is happy.

Dan has said in the past that the TIME, EFFORT, AND MONEY to implement third person would NOT take away from any degree of first person implementation. So there is literally NO REASON to argue against third person. None whatsoever.

1 Like

third person will not be good because this is the first game that involved first person and sword, all the other first person games are in the shooter genre. if they will make this game a third person game then a lot will be ruined.

They wouldn’t make it a third person game.

They would allow the OPTION to SWITCH between first and third. This is what I personally like to do. I play fallout first person about 75% of the time. But I switch to third person often. It does not impact my immersion or any of the like.

3 Likes

I also think 3rd person should be added as an option, I prefer to see my character, I just think that having the option like many other games would increase the interest in the game to those who shy away from 1st person games. I also disagree with any statement the says the combat would be harder, it’s the same, just 3rd person, the mechanics wont change at all and so I would highly recommend implementing it.

1 Like