Third person would be great for Kingdom Come!

3rd person option would be awesome cause then players can toggle between 1st person and 3rd person i myself like to see the character that i created and the armor hes wearing so ye would be great to have a 3rd person option

1 Like

The Character is not user created it is predefined. You can see your clothing in cut scenes and in dialogues which occur often.

and also in inventory

2 Likes

I assume console commands will be available? Detaching the camera from yourself using a console command is common in RPGs. That could work if you want to see yourself, or take a screen shot.

Maybe there is a mirror in a noble mans home. So the dressmans chould look at them self when they visit this home.

I think that is not a pretty sight, because the first flat mirror Originated about 1516. Before that there was Half glass beads which the mirror image heavily distorted

1 Like

I never use third person view. However, more options always makes a better game.

1 Like

What? No Polished silver or steel? These make decent mirrors today, not sure why they wouldnā€™t work 600 years ago.

Think about the soot from the fires indoors all the time, not saying its impossible but the upkeep would have probably made it less common.

There is also the factor of many modern polishing techniques use acid based chemicals that may not have been known or available commonly at the time.

Damn now ill be spending six hours reading about the history of mirrors.

3 Likes

Deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole we go!!!

Today, what started with a quick Google on the famous knight Sir William Marshal, ended up with me contemplating the linguistic variations between known Old-English dialects.

Iā€™m now onto Quenching, Tempering, and the Tempering colours of steel :smile:

1 Like

not the point i want to see the character regardless i want 3rd person

You can. No TPV the decision has been made already.

i really dislike it when mods change the balance of the game and such stuff. The only Mod id get would be more sword and shield variants. Little things you know wont generate problems or bugs.

The decision has been made, based on what? A poorly worded poll that by any objective account was misinterpreted, hopefully not deliberatelyā€¦

As posted here: Kingdom Come videos have a look at the perspective portrayed in these official promos. Was this done simply for visual effect, to make the game look prettier than FPV can provide? Then what does that say about the developers decision to not portray their game only in FPV in their advertisements?

These official videos were produced to sell the game, so the vast majority of the clips being 3rd person is, well, misleading.

1 Like

In what way was it misleading? They clearly stated they were only using TPV to test the animations, they never said it was going to be a game play option. This game was advertised as first person from day one, it being first person only was one of the main selling points.

1 Like

Come on now. Not everyone is going to read every single detail about a game. They see a video here or there, some showcasing Third Person, itā€™s reasonable to suggest that some people might be under impression the game has at least third person as an option.

If you were on the other side of this fence, youā€™d make the same fucking argument and you know it.

This is what the front page on the website used to look like, and in addition to that the kick starter trailer advertised it as ā€œFirst Person, realistic, medieval open world RPGā€

It was painfully obvious that the game was intended to be first person, if you didnā€™t know that before backing you have no one but yourself to blame.

Iā€™m almost positive they said they were using third person in the videos for testing the animations.

What side of the fence? I want TPV in the damn game, but i know damn well this was intended to be FPV game from the start, so when i see people falsely claiming Warhorse was misleading them the whole time Iā€™m going to call then out on their bullshit.

1 Like

LOL, no bullshit intended, the content and presentation of the TPV perspective in the official promo videos speak for themselves. The official FPV-TPV poll responses also speaks for itself, though admittedly it was poorly worded, it was interpreted with bias.

Your posting of an image of what the website ā€œused to look likeā€ is weak sauce as far as an argument. ā€œA Realistic Open World First Person Medieval RPGā€ is wide open to interpretation, it is not stating ā€œFirst Person Viewā€ just ā€œFirst Personā€ which simply means you arenā€™t in command of tactical units from a top-down perspective, you are role playing.

I understand that the combat probably needs to be conducted in FPV for the sword fighting mechanic interface. I have no problem with that. But locking players into FPV for simply moving around the world is, well, a major disappointment and will continue to cause problems with a significant proportion of players and potential future players who havenā€™t bought inā€¦

If they have the luxury of ignoring this segment of the player base and their cash, more power to them and their vision I suppose.

1 Like

There wasnā€™t a single shot of gamplay in third person view in any of their promo videos. Unless you count roaming camera, in which case I guess you could expect the Battlefield to be a real-time strategy when they show satelite view in their trailers.

Again, for me no problem with FPV in combat, not arguing that, it will be interesting. TPV to move around is another matter, especially on the bloody horse which is literally/physically unplayable for me causing headache and nausea.

Iā€™m not going to go through all the videos again, because Iā€™m not arguing for TPV in combat (though some may be) but the kickstarter trailer at 1:40 does show the player character Henry from TPV in combat for a few seconds. Not using this as supportive of any argument (it may be the only instance, I donā€™t know), just pointing that out since you said there were no examples.