This post must be 20 f@#king characters long! WHY!?

Oh man… Do I not like this little feature. Why can’t I give one word replies? WHY?! I can get around it by pasting (this is post filler) onto anything!

All I want, is to be able to post however short replies, on at least my own threads… That I create>:(

How about making it a trust level thing? I’m sure trusted people won’t spam things. PLEASE!?

1 Like

Simple answer: a post with less than 20 characters isn’t worth posting.

A forum is not a chatroom. It’s a place for thoughtful discussion and not for oneliners or one word posts. Any functionality that reduces the chance for spam and unnecessary posts even before they are made is imo highly welcomed. So I hope this functionality will stay in place.

4 Likes

Nah.

(this is a filler thingy I keep copied to get around rules:P)

But seriously. Yeah, I guess so:/ But come on… My own threads? Sometimes I’d rather say “Yes” than I do indeed agree with you my good fellow.

If you just want to say yes click the “like” button instead. That provides the same message without interrupting the discussion. )

5 Likes

And now in spite, I shall never do that. You have unleashed a new terror of short repliesXD MWUHAHAHA!

I also think it’s just useless pain in the ass. If anyone wants to post short 1-word reply, he will just add some nonsense to bypass it, as @wicker demonstrated. It has absolutely no effect.

Yes.

(some nonsense to bypass it)

1 Like

On the other hand, if people abuse the purpose of a character limit, mods may say something. I don’t see a problem with putting a little more thought into a response so it’s more than just one or two words.

Of course, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is one word and that meets the character limit. And, yes, I did type that out without a copy/paste of it.

2 Likes

It has no effect because moderation let it slip. If I were mod I would delete all these unnecessary one liners or “one worders”. They meet the definition of spam which is pretty much against every forum rule I know.

Is it just me or is the forum way more active since the update?

I won’t call it spam if it fullfills a purpose, which is indeed possible with 20 letters, but i suppose that’s a matter of definition

Maybe. But I’m pretty sure that you can even make a better statement when use more than 20 character, no matter what you want to say. :wink:

1 Like

This point goes to you Sir
Touché

1 Like

EPIC WIN

Well I still won´t consider it as spam which has to be deleted by the mods just because it´s short, there are much more things that deserve to be deleted.

@Andrashi still figuring out how you did this…

Like so.    

:wink:

Tag bracket abuse.

2 Likes

That’d do it, too. The HTML code to insert a blank space also works.

3 Likes

Ouhw maaan XD
You Sirs deserve a like