To be promoted and become lord

I wish I could mod…:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

But I’d probably go way to far and ruin games for myself :joy::joy:

1 Like

Idk, i want only a few things to be modded.Like this German halberd from 16th century.

Or this sallet

1 Like

I Bet there’s gonna be a game of thrones mod​:joy::joy: well… I hope there is going to be one anyway :joy:

Idk, but it’s gonna ruin everything, tbh. Only weapons and armour maybe will be fine. But, they’re looking not like from the early 15th century. There’re lots of beautiful things came after the mids of 15th century, but they’re later. I won’t see my beloved gothic armour. :sob:

Sallets are a little late I think… which is disappointing as think they look pretty cool but…who knows maybe Henry meets a time traveler​:joy::joy:

Who knows… Time traveler with this thing. Just R.I.P cumans. :sweat_smile:

I’m certain that there will be many mods coming from the modding community. Patience is a virtue!

puzzle-juni-2016

Yeah, i wanted to learn a 3rd modeling and etc, but my PC is trash a bit for rendering. I’ve lots of free time, maybe i’ll try to read some things to be ready, when tools for modding gonna be published. :ok_hand:

The three chief virtues of a programmer are: Laziness, Impatience and Hubris. :joy::joy:

Larry Wall

Interesting, how hard is it will be to make in-game 3d model with such a detalization. :thinking:

1 Like

this seems like RTS territory.

Lmao, you use the excuse of historical authenticity to deny the player a chance to rise through the ranks yet you revolve your story around a peasant squire saving the country?

Weak…

1 Like

Look a wizards magic wand! neat!

Lul, i have posted this one. Godlike muscet.

Things like this being fired out of towers is what gave rise to legends of wizards casting fire balls.

Strange thing is that it’s not really historically authentic, as the guy said here, for lords to not want to share power. They did all the time, largely out of necessity and convenience. They didn’t want to hear all the bleatings for justice by a handful of villagers a hundred miles away, so they divvied up land and created vassals to take care of their properties. They would make a knight out of some valued servant, parcel off a thousand acres, and have that person agree to military service and some taxes in return for govering that bit of land. If they had huge tracts of land, they might grant baronies, which would in turn grant knighthoods to people.

If they didn’t “share power”, there would be just one guy owning tremendous amounts of land with a lot of pissed off peasants that weren’t really governed. The realm would be lawless, and that lord would find himself not a lord quite quickly.

In this game, you have two pretty big areas that are completely lawless - Vranik and Pribislavitz, presumably owned by Capon and Divish respectively. They’ve both become havens for all sorts of bad people, and the land is not providing anything in the way of income or troops. It’s become a major liability. It would greatly benefit either of those lords to knight someone and give either of those lands to said knight for them to manage, though either plot would be relatively poor and small for a typical knight of this timeframe.

3 Likes

Is there any chance that down the line henry will be able to purchase a modest home?. It’d be really cool to just have a place to call your own and maybe even get a few weapon and armor stands to display the gear you’ve collected

1 Like

Precisely why I was so shocked to see such terrible reasoning for why Henry doesn’t rise in the ranks… I love history, especially feudal history, and to have someone tell me it isn’t “accurate” to have land shared is hilarious, especially after all Henry achieves…

King owned the land, leased the land to the lords in return for fealty and military aid, who in turn leases that land to knights who protected the land in which the peasants worked… There were vassals of vassals, vassals to two lords etc etc

The fact that you aren’t given anything like a title/land is strange and makes no sense…

1 Like

Sharing power in the way you describe was quite common, but in the vast majority of cases among the already-landed or relatives thereof. The yeomanry (unlanded nobility) rose to prominence only in certain places across Europe, and at a later time. They were still very rarely derived from the peasant population.
Giving a title for service (be it in war or whatever you like) would make Henry a yeoman (apologies I don’t have the right term for titled but unlanded), and maybe that’s remotely believable. Giving land at this junction for similar service (to someone not related to the landed) was, very plainly, incredibly uncommon. The missing point in your summation of feudal culture is the perceived sharp divide in classes - even in the rare case a peasant was elevated, he’d never, not ever, be treated equally by his new peers. There’s a reason the terms lowborn and highborn exist.
Like the female character argument, I understand the desire but it’s going to be very difficult to present in a way that rings remotely authentic.