Translation for new Video Update!

Yeah, something is so weird about this. I wonder what really happened. How do you have it almost done, looking good, and suddenly it gets fukced up :smiley: more times than once. I mean I understand there could be problem or something, and I would respect it. All I would like to know is the real reason or explanation. But just because of my curiosity :smiley: I guess im ok with live stream.
Maybe guys will explain it in a stream!

3 Likes

Take it easy people, there is more important stuff than the videoupdate. I’m glad that we’ll at least have the livestream instead. BTW who was the new video guy? gets pitchfork ready

1 Like

I´m okay with the livestream too, dot get me wrong xD Just like you I´m just curious about what actually happened

1 Like

Okay, we don´t want to have sectrets in front of our community, so I will try to explain the problem as accurate as possible.

The first Video update was done before the alpha was ready, because we wanted to publish both at the same time, video update and alpha. And it was pretty fine, but as the alpha was not ready yet, the team which was responsible for making the video had never played the alpha 0.5 at this point, and the video crew expected in some points a different alpha then the real alpha would be.

As we notice that the video would not fit to the alpha in every point, we had to make a new video very quick, because we don´t wanted to create false expectations through an unaccurate video.
So the second video was done, but this was done to quick, with a lack of structure and quality, and we decided that this would be not very pleasing.

As we know, that the new video guy would come very soon, we decided to make this video update his first task. But as we had already two attempts to make the new video, it was pretty important to us to make it good this time. This should be no problem at all, as he would be a professional.
However, the video guy was new, working in a team he does not know with an urgend task that was very important and with new equipment he had not used before in this constellation. No wonder not everything was going well - again - and he had to listen to a lot of critique in his first days, there was just no time for failures anymore. This somehow must be to much preassure to him, he must come to the conclusion that Warhorse is not the right place for him, so he quitted almost instantly. Maybe he just met us at the wrong time…

And now we don´t have a video update…

8 Likes

Well, shit happens :slight_smile: And we (if I may talk for others) respect that things like these could happen even if you are trying hard to do everything right.
I love you for this. I am sorry for pressure on you. Its just, when you want to make something secret, we want to know i even more.
Thanks for that a lot.
My curiosity finally found a peace.

4 Likes

Damn, what a clusterfuck of things gone wrong. Thanks for bearing with us and telling us.

Real happy you are so forthcoming with this info on just what happened, not everyone got the balls to go out and honestly say what went wrong (or that it even did in the first place), another reason to love you guys at Warhorse. Pity it didn’t work out, but we’ll make do.

Looking forward to the livestream!

3 Likes

Well I have to say, I really dont envy that new video guy :smiley: You can be skilled and talented, but under these circumstances its really hard start :smiley:
Nevermind then, looking forward to livestream :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fuck the video - all we wanted were the subtitles.

2 Likes

Maybe next time then.

1 Like

So I guess this means no “video update and chill”

:expressionless:

1 Like

I have some good news! We were quite unhappy about that we had no videoupdate. So we made it a 4th time, this time we are quite happy about it and it will be out very soon. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What does it mean “very soon”? Next week or next month? :kissing:

1 Like

“very soon” is for warhorse 4-6 months :smiley:

3 Likes

Than can happen if you develop a game from 1403… :smiley:

1 Like

depnds on who orders, the pizza and when it arrives. :wink:

So finally the Videoupdate is out now, but we still miss Spanish subtitles.

I have to practice for a test but I’m on it.

German translation is done. Thanks for the opportunity! It was fun and an excellent practice for my next english exam :smile:

1 Like

That’s a pity :frowning:
I am Spanish, but with my English level I can’t help. I can’t believe how weak is the Spanish community on this awesome project. Even more with the interest that medieval period raises in our country.
I really wish I had better skills…

1 Like

Hi guys, this is not really the best time for me since i’ve got an exam in just a few days and i’m quite busy, therefore i fear i wont be able to start working on the Italian subtitles until the 22 :disappointed_relieved: