Video Update: Armor and RPG :)

No doubt about that, but it will not feel right if the visual feedback is generic and will look the same on every single fight.

Dagger is certainly great idea, but im afraid last time i saw discussion about this, was said from wh side, that it is not planned so far. No idea if that changed. Quick drop of current weapon is certainly not plannedā€¦

Im very happy about what I saw in this video update. There are old things, yes, but there is important thing said. Itā€™s hell of a work. So many options, and all must be covered code-wise. Cloth/armor layers transparenting through each other is most likely only top of iceberg. Every piece of clothing/armor has its own stats, changing your durability, mobility, speed, agility, stealth and maybe most likely even more stats and all must be somehow displayed in the game (armor makes noise and slows you down, gambeson makes you a bit more silenced and also adds a bit to your own durability), and everything must be well balanced so it feels like in real. Btw nobody today has exactly precise idea how this all worked, because nobody uses this stuff today for 100% potential (not even in HEMA you never strike with 100% strength to kill or maim with sharp sword and tests made on pigs or oponents are not 100% as they are only tests).
So for me it feels like creating kind of a strategy game, more than action RPG (so many rules and things that can happen, not like simple shooter aka Doom/CoD). And it all still looks great!

So keep up great work Warhorse! Iā€™m simply looking forward for this original game, not another D&D clone. ArmA in medieval with RPG stuff? Hell yes :slight_smile:

Wouldnā€™t this going a little to far? If this should work like in real life, than it must also be a simulation of the human body, the organs and the damage done to it.

Initially man I was happy to finally just see something releasedā€¦ but you guys are spot on, in that there is zero new content or detail presented here. Which in reflection is really disappointing given all the talk of more open lines of official comms between WH and the Community.

@DrFusselpulli Hey Doc, can you give us an honest and direct indication of when we might (if at all) see anything new from WH? Iā€™m talking in an official capacity, released to the community, providing some new previously unknown detail or piece of information. Be that about the game, the release date, etc. anything like thatā€¦?

And can you comment on the focus of the last Video Update, in terms of it rehashing old ground. It comes across, as some people have already mentioned, as more of a sales pitch to garner more new backers. Was this the intention? And if so, why have WH decided to stem the flow of new detail from this type of content delivery?

2 Likes

Good questions. We will have a livestream on thursday with some new content about the game. We will not have details about the release date in in the near future.
With the progress of the game it is getting more and more difficult to show new content without spoiling the game too much. This is especially the case in a game with a huge story focus like Kingdom Come Deliverance.

3 Likes

Oh, how many times Iā€™ve gotten my hair stuck in the links of my hauberk.

Arming cap.

Thanks for the responses mate.

Just one bit that concerns me a little is thisā€¦

Are we still tracking for Q1 2017 then at a high level, or have things changed?

Iā€™d not AFAICR heard Q1 2017. Only ā€œ2017ā€ with no further qualifier.

Pssst @Lieste ā€¦ Shhhh, Iā€™m trying to extract information :smile:

NOTE: Iā€™m saying Q1, but you are correct. The devs have to date only said 2017

Nice tryā€¦ :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Great, now Im going to have nightmares about killer bunny :frowning: :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

I do not agree. Where are these examples? Trauma to the brain means instant incapacitation or death from a medical and psysical stand point.

And here we are not talking of a Renaissance type sword fights ā€˜duelsā€™ with point-and-click smallswords. Hammer swing to the unprotected head and you are in coma or dead on, period.

And nonetheless Iā€™m right, our dispute has nothing to do with Deliverance. There SHOULD be a separate target location to the face, if it is unprotected by helmet. A helmet that is only a top cover should not aid in damage reduction to the face or neck.

Sieht super aus.
Leider vermisse ich KleidungsstĆ¼cke die eher zu einem Dieb passen sowie Dolche etc.
Wird es sowas auch geben?

Dolche wird es aufjedenfall im fertigen Spiel geben. Es gibt auch LederrĆ¼stungen oder auch eine Kaputze, welche Ć¼ber den Kopf gezogen ist etc.

1 Like

Sehr gut! :smiley:

Nice video!
Not much new information, though. Thanks for the peek into Maya :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for putting something together, even though not much is new, its good to hear from you guys again.

You are right! And I though Warhorse uses 3ds Maxā€¦

Why not both ^^