Warhorse forum get-together

Hi there,

Some of you I might see on botn finals, Hurray! But to others thx for nice meeting and good chat not just about game;)

Here some adds from me
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4-Z0HiICE_DQklnZjVuV2lvTTg

D alias Zdeněk

4 Likes

@doenny Yea, I’ve had o lot of beer and fun, but I remember your Tipp to set the Haystack on fire… :smile:

1 Like

Glad you remember, have you tested already?:slight_smile: But on the other hand, if you remember something that means you didn’t have enough beers​:grin:

2 Likes

@doenny , oooh so it was you and your friend, those two czech guys :smiley: I had no idea !!

Indeed, hidden and dangerous;)

2 Likes

And next time everyone on my Poster will get free Beer!!!

5 Likes

Looking forward​:hugs::yum:

aaawww that had to be SPECIAL party! Ok, next year, I’ll be there

More pictures from the BoN and the Come together

I have even more pictures about the locations the game takes place. If you want I will post it.

8 Likes

The shirt looks awesome, gotta get one. Any plans on where you’re taking your stand next, @DrFusselpulli ?

Also of us a big thank you for the organization and the hidden secret for location (quests?) :wink: . Was nice time to meet you personally, moreover in such matching environment for the game and the game environment. Think, photos, each sufficient itself, a few of us to the round. Most of the pictures we have always in our head…

Uploading…

7 Likes

Oh Wow, you visited Karlštejn. Very nice!

1 Like

…ich beginne mal in deutsch…
Ja, wollte mir Karlstein schon immer mal aus der Nähe (vom Boden aus) ansehen. War schwer beeindruckt, wie man so ein doch nicht ganz kleines Bauwerk so clever verstecken kann - und doch mit guter Straßen- und Flußanbindung. Respekt, der 4. Karl war schon ein ausgeschlafenes Bürschchen. Als vorübergehendes Versteck für seine Reichskleinodien ideal gelegen. Einen Tresor stellt man ja auch nicht nachts mitten auf den Marktplatz…Und wie schwer sowas wieder von “Findern” zurückzubekommen ist sehen wir ja am Beispiel Nürnberg/Wien´s in der jüngeren Geschichte (wen´s interessiert) https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichskleinodien

Die Form der Kernburg hat mich etwas an den Trifels erinnert, die versteckte Lage an Burg Eltz. Die wurde ebenfalls selten gefunden und ist wohl deshalb nie zerstört worden. So märchentypisch stellen sich wohl die meisten romantisch veranlagten Leute das Mittelalter vor. Ein Tipp, wenn ihr mal in der Nähe der Mosel (nahe Moselkern) unterwegs seid…
http://burg-eltz.de/de/

Also, mal abgesehen von unserem Sponsorship für´s Spiel, allein das ganze “Drumherum” der letzten 2 Jahre und was wir so alles gelernt haben über diese Zeit, die Verbindungen und Bedeutungen der Reichsstädte und die geschichtlichen Zusammenhänge - war´s wirklich wert, ne? Danke, Warhorse!

… I start times in German …
Yes, I wanted Karlstein ever want from nearby (from the ground). Was very impressed how to hide a not altogether small building so clever so - and yet with good road and river-access. Respect, the 4th Karl was already a sly fox. As temporary hiding place for his Reichskleinodien ideally located. A vault is not is so even at night in the middle of the market square … And how hard is something again regain of “finders” we see indeed the example of Nuremberg / Vienna’s in recent history (who´s interested)

The shape of the core castle reminded me somewhat of the Trifels, the hidden location of Burg Eltz. The was also rarely found and was probably therefore never destroyed. So fairy typically provide probably the most romantically inclined people in the Middle Ages before. A tip if you ever near the Mosel (near Moselkern) are traveling …

So, apart from our Sponsorship for the game, this time, the connections and meanings of the imperial cities and the historical context alone the whole “trappings” of the last 2 years and what we have learned anything so - was it really worth, no? Thank you, Warhorse!

4 Likes

seems like a lot of fun i missed out on i see xD :frowning:

man, really wish i’d found out about this earlier. looks like it was a great time. will have to remember to look for BoN next year!

Bad news everyone
Next year Battle of Nations wont be taking place in Prague but in Barcelona
http://botn.info/news/en-battle-of-the-nations-2017-the-location

We will have to pick up another event or activity plan if we are to do another get-togheter :frowning:

1 Like

Maybe at Libusin?

1 Like

Yep that the possibility

We will be at Libusin for sure, but I am not sure if this is the right place for a bigger community event, it is a bit difficult to go there and there are no hotels or something where you could stay.

And I thought you’d say damn, now we have to go on vacation to Barcelona :wink:

3 Likes