Warhorse forum get-together

Don´t we have three types of gamers?
Those who can go outside and do so
Those who can´t go outside
Those who can go outside but prefer not to because the world outside is full of sh*t

No wait four
Those who can´t go outside at daylight, but crawl outside at night to buy their food and stuff

Even five types!
Those who can´t go outside, but kinda like the sun and the air and rub tons of sunblocker on their skin to get some

Maybe six…

Okay that´s going to far and is offtopic, I´m sorry XD

You shall be forgiven.

1 Like

but I(!) want to visit Warhorse Studios :>

1 Like

@ProkyBrambora, thanks for all this organisation. you are great. :smiley:
But don´t you think august would be a little too close as a registration deadline?
First day of Spring will be march 19, so this half a year before the get-together.

Why is this early deadline so important? Find a place thats big enough in a pub?
A museum will don´t have problems with hosting larger groups?
Do you plan to set all the warhorse fans in the same hotel? (maybe this one could be difficult and need some time in planing, but is this important to let everyone sleep at same place?)

I think its not that difficult to find a place for a group in Prague that you need to know it half a year before? Many school classes from germany visting prague. I think an event on first day (friday) could be too much. Some people will have traveled for hours. A Pub would be great, a place were you can eat, drink beer and chat.
On Second day (saturday) some events could be interesting. Maybe a museum, or some mediaeval stuff if we could get some. Sword fighting, archery, I don´t know…
Maybe on sunday (third day) there would be enough time for a small breakfast together and saying goodbye?

It would be great to also meet some members of warhorse studios. TobiTobsen must be there, he is important connection between Warhorse and us as community. But it would be nice to even visit other members like Daniel Vavra himself, and I would be very lucky if I could meet Viktor Bocan. Also other team members would be very welcomed. :smiley:

@Lamproly, sure, join us :smiley:
@Ryan KingdomCome-Base.net is also pretty welcomed, this is also part of Warhorse fan-community. And as we all wanted to visit Warhorse Studios, we could do it the true old fashioned way and besieged them with a trebuchet mediaeval style. :wink:
@Hanibal85, what about you, do you want to join us? Meeting at Sping in beautiful Prague? :smiley:
@Freix, you also must be there at this weekend, it will be fun. :smiley:

Yep August is kinda soon. Choosing it I had not real intensions except having everything decided as soon as possible.
What deadline would you suggest, then? Till Christmas?

I realize that at friday most people will be tired but if someone were to arrive early I wanted to express posibility that we could get togheter sooner. But, yea, it is kinda individual thing.

I’ll look for some medieval stuff, but I think that if I find something it will be expensive.

1 Like

Depends on the actual month, I guess. I’m already thinking about going to the GDC 2016 and go to Seattle afterwards to meet some awesome game audio people. And my next Prague visit is more or less depending on the next BotN, if it’s going to happen in Prague again. Maybe it will be May again :smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I think Christmas is much reasonable, maybe till end of 2015, so people have other thinks in Mind at Christmas, but they will have some free time to think about between Christman and New Year at least. And there will be enough time to fix the plan.
But we will need a fixed date sooner, so people would know when exactly will be. :slight_smile:

If BotN were to be in Prague next year, that would be awsome.
But I don’t think it will happen.

There are rumors that it will happen in Prague again, because of the overwhelming success. If you take a look at the videos of 2014 or 2013, you don’t see many people watching the fights at any time. This time however it looked like a really crowded event.

3 Likes

I’ve heard about a Medieval Restaurant in Prague. With very nice Entertainment.
This is one Thing i like to Visit when I come to Prague…

Perhaps @DrFusselpulli Shows us his Bow Skills… :smile:

1 Like

If you really, really want it,…

you have to upgrade to…

Illuminatus :grinning:

A meeting with warhorse members (outside) :smiley:
would be cool!
It´s not possible showning the studio hundreds of people.

@ProkyBrambora thanks a lot, for organizing. :+1:

2 Likes

My skills are pretty low, but its enough to have some fun :smiley:
Today I lost four of my arrows together with a friend, one get lost in the field and three get broken… I will need some new ones.
I don´t know if I can take my bow to Prague, how it is at the border and if there would be a place to do it, and if its all legally in czech republic?

A mediaeval restaurant would be awesome, this would be the best ambience I think. :smiley:
Maybe in the evening on second day after a visit in a museum.

1 Like

Interesting question, the one with the bow
I wonder if I´ll be able to take my sword with me XD

1 Like

I dont think there should be any problems. But I never traveled with sword/bow abroad so I cannot truly say.

There are definitely some shooting ranges for bows in Prague, my friend does archery, so he has to do it somewhere.

I dont really know what you mean by “medieval restaurant” but if it is some “turist attraction” I would advise against it. Beer there will be expensive (in czech ratios) and it will be some “popular” brand with not that great taste eg… Gamrbinus, Kozel or at best Pilsner.
I am not saying that these brands are disgusting, but wouldn’t it be better to go somewhere where you can taste more kinds of czech beers?

1 Like

Yeah, we don´t need a tourist trap for sure, but maybe there are interesting mediaeval restaurants? I never was in Prague, you know your location better for sure, If you will have something more reasonable than we should go there. :blush:

1 Like

nice idea and thank you for your commitment! Prague is well worth a trip, beautiful city in any case, especially lit up at night. Late spring would be a good time, may be found as an event instead (Battle of Nations)? Is still plenty of time to plan …
Closer would be because the GC in Cologne. Think this year is expected for medieval fans be some there. Will there be any case (at the trade visitor day), perhaps some of us could already meet there (with a Kölsch - yes, a poor substitute for real beer :slight_smile: )?
@TobiTobsen WH has there own stand? or there will be an Czech Pavillion?

Yes, Warhorse will be at gamescom and @TobiTobsen is allready planning some community event. I will meet @YuusouAmazing at Gamescom, maybe you could also be part of meeting? :smile:

1 Like

could you guys sent me an email if you want to come. I know you already said it here. This is just to have all e-mails and names togheter so everything runs smoothly later.
Thanks

Also I am searching for suitable places, in medieval style (except the beer pubs I wrote about earlier)
So far I have two (did not have much time)

Hospůdka U Rytíře (Tavern at the Knight’s)
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/l/t31.0-8/1540388_244785132382117_6301182536927480910_o.jpg
It is not much but they have many kinds of mead and good beer. But “medievality” is at low level.
I would not recommend this place if my brother and his fiancée weren’t working there. We could then get some advanteges.

U Parléře (At Parler’s)
This looks very promising, nice touch to it.
http://www.uparlere.cz/en/fotogalerie/
http://www.uparlere.cz/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/2.jpg
Though, choice of beers is as I said (Kozel, Gambrinus, Pilsner). But for foreigner it might not matter much as these are three most typical beers you can get almost everywhere.

When I find more places I will start go check up on them. And of course write some short report.

2 Likes

like, I’m probably only at 4.8. evenings and 5.8. day (at the fair) in Kölle. :wink:

it would be cool to meet you all, personal.
But i’m in a life situation with a very small asset of money. :-/ :sleepy: