Weather Effects in Next Alpha Update?

Can you guys add some rain or some kind of weather effects in next Alpha update? That would be nice :smiley:

Although, rain affects everything, and I guess it would take quite a while to implement it.

Still though, at least let us see what it will look like! I love rain :smiley:

(There may be small clips in trailers, but I want a more in depth view of it.)

2 Likes

Im not sure it make much sense to have rain during the summer months in Bohemia.

In any case weather effects are native to Cryengine they are present but currently not in use.

It makes sense to rain during summer in Bohemia. Last two months here were exceptional that it didn’t rain much, but usually it rains here at least for a week during each month (for example the third week in July usually has quite lot of rain)

1 Like

Yes, that´s the problem. Dana and Tobi talk about this(the rain) in an interview at the gamescom.
They tried it, but it´s a lot of work, because they must upgrade the daily routine of the NPC. If it´s raining the NPC should leave their work on the fields and go home. The stealth elements and more things like this are involved…

In the trailer the rain looks breathtaking. There should be rain, minimum every week in the game!
Look at all the puddles, after 3 days sunny weather they are gone (in real life). :smiley:
We need rain! :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t disagree, however for the season is it realistic for it to be raining that often or at all?

I’m not familiar with the climate in the Czech Republic.

the question now would be, Is this consistent throughout history?

I love the rain, personally I would love to see winter and fall weather more then summer. I think that has more to do with bleak romanticism of the medieval ages though.

I think it is pretty consistent. There were of course dry years and rainy years, but on average the weather changes here 50 times per year and due to our geographical position we basically can have all types of weather with roughly similar probability mostly depending on wind direction (north west wind - wet and cold, north east - dry cold, south east - dry hot, south west - wet hot).
The summer rain is something quite expected, there is also a saying that if a drop falls on st. Medard day (8th June) for next forty days it will be raining (or at least wet air).

2 Likes

Yes, it´s realistic. Ten rainy days a month.

Around 1400 it was colder (than today). It was at the end of the medieval warm period; the beginn of the Little Ice Age.
Wikipedia:

that cold summers and ice growth began abruptly between AD 1275 and
1300, followed by “a substantial intensification” from 1430 to 1455

2 Likes

trailer already shows dynamic thunderstorm. would rather let them keep working on it for final product than rush out for us to gawk at.

3 Likes

Well, if it’s not in the next Alpha you can be consoled by the brand new lighting with global illumination :grin: