What about the end of ACT I?

Hello guys, I’m just wondering about the end of KCD ACT I. Do you think there will be the end titles and that’s all? Black screen, congrats to finish this game and will we meet at ACT II. Or it is going to be like in Mafia series, where you will get a new access to gamemodes like Free Ride (in czech: Jízda). For my opinion, it would be great to end the main story, and after that do some special or sidequests like finding bandits or thieves, riding on horse and doing some quest or tournament or maybe doing some laundry for your wife (joke :smile:)

What do you think? And what type of end do you want? (play freemode vs. endcredits with black screen)

1 Like

For a sandbox title it would be a shame if there was no game after the main story. I don’t like to hunt for all achievements (although Stanleys Parable has some nice achievements).

My guess is: You get the credits, black screen and so on and maybe also a preview of what’s coming next. You’ll then be able to play the game after finishing it and start Act II from this “Freeplay”. That would be really awesome to have a nice transition from one act to another.

4 Likes

So another Acts will behave like DLCs? I mean, you will just install it and continue in the game with new quests etc?

That makes good sence.
Because if it is standalone title there will have to be some character import option and that does not soud very smoothly.
And as it is written in ‘Story split into three Acts’ thread, all three acts are part of one game - KC D (every time I see this abbreviation, I think it is some smiley :smiley: Even in my own posts. Would it be possible to change it to some ‘game title smiley’ ?)

1 Like

I must agree with yuusou, I think it will get credits after story line and then you can be in world as you wish to. There is no sense to end the game immediately.

I’m sure that after you finish the main game, you’ll be able to go back to the free roam and do any quests/exploration that you didn’t do while playing through the main storyline. As for how Act II/III will fit in, I think they said that the next two Acts will just expand upon the world that’s already in the game, so I have a feeling that Act II will be similar to how Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion did it with the Shivering Isles expansion, where the new missions show up on the map somewhere. Now, I know that Act II is a lot more than just a simple expansion, but you get the general idea.

1 Like

I guess it is one story with historical backround about Husits!
My hypotesis:
Act I = years 1400 – 1420 (initiation into life at that time, the church, burned Jan Hus, the first riots)
Act II = years 1420 – 1431 (five crusade against the Hussites, Hussites won all battles = we are one of the soldiers, maybe the leader of the battalion…)
Act III = years 1431 – 1437 (internal strife between Hussites = battle of Lipan, the end of the Hussites, execution of John the Warriors of Faith along with his 53 faithful companions – player is one of them).

I particularly like the idea of end credits rolling and some good music playing on the credits, but after the credits are done they should open the game back up and leave you to do what you like in this open world, much like Ubisoft does with their open world games. Nothing better than credits and good music to allow time for you to absorb the ending and listen to lovely music before being plunged back into the game again.

Have you noticed that someone from Warhorse has mentioned about confirmed KCD Act I, II and III and also told something about 2 next games?
So we are going to get from Warhorse not only Act I, II and III but 2 more (maybe different) games also.

Ohh tell me where did you get to know something about the two additional games? Of course all acts are confirmed. They’re confirmed since the Kickstarter is going to be a success. But I’ve never heard of some other games.

Comment about the other games.

In the logo of KCD there is that “1403” so it suggests that the whole game will be in 1403. the two upcoming games of the trilogy might cover the hussite ages.

Wow, you are lighting fast :smiley: Thanks.

BTW I really like your nickname and also avatar.