What armor are you interested in?

Are we talking Oblivion or WoW?

Oblivion where it levels with you and can wear it first level.

WoW where you have to unlock the skill before you can equip plate armor.

Run nigga, they knights are coming! Youtube etc etc :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I had something in mind like Oblivion, but instead of getting more benefit in armor rating, getting more speed while in heavy armor. (including the speed of your attacks)

There should be nothing stopping you from equipping and wearing the armour (unless it’s physically too damaged, straps broken etc.) it should just be a matter of how effective you’ll be whilst wearing it.

In my mind, in the lower levels of skill (let’s call it Heavy Armour skill) your stamina would drain more quickly and movements might be impacted to be slightly more sluggish / slower. It’s probably the only way in-game to easily represent a low skill level. As that Heavy Armour skill increases (the longer you wear it, practice and fight in it, the more accustomed you become to it) the better you become in terms of speed and stamina.

I agree with @Dovahkiin I really don’t like the idea of an armour rating buff being tied to skill level either. It’s unrealistic, it shouldn’t make a difference whether I’ve worn plate before or not
 the defensive benefits of the armour itself from a pure protective PoV are the same as if it was worn by a professional man-at-arms. How well we’re able to move, fight, and for how long effectively (stamina & speed attributes) are really the only factors that should come into play. In addition to the obvious requirement for knowledge of armoured fighting and counter-fighting techniques in order to be truly effective. But that’s not in scope of what we’re talking about

1 Like

I can confirm that. The first time I put on a knights helmet I was hit in my nutts with a warhammer becouse I could see nothing :frowning:

1 Like

knights helmet

What kind of helmet we talking here?

I completely agree with everything you said. I was only asking which game you and @Dovahkiin would be referencing on the matter.

something like this

1 Like

ah one of those great export pieces from india, yes they were very common during the middle ages. irony off

If you can’t see were a strike is coming from, the helmet position is wrong. And you need a little bit of practice. :wink:

[quote=“Plattnerlehrling, post:90, topic:20351”]
And you need a little bit of practice
[/quote] That i do xD. I haven’t brocken anny bones yet, and im one of the few in my group. Our teacher likes to go fore your fingers and knees. :frowning:

Our teacher likes to go fore your fingers and knees.

historically accurate then

1 Like

I Really like a Sallet helmet, it’s my favorite helmet + it’s late medieval

2 Likes

Well hello beautiful. That’s a nice helmet you got there.

Sallets have nothing on this

Lighter, faster, more protection. Even able to block a 9mm bullet.

Ah yes, the famed magical Japanese armor, somehow more durable for reasons.

Is this like the Katana thing? Japanese metal was of lower quality than Europes (far less quality steel), tell me why this (even if the whole thing is made of the highest quality steel in japan) would somehow be more durable?

Why? Because it’s magic like the Katana?

After looking through your profile, it seems you are a Katana cultist, that’s depressing for someone interested in this game.

You tried to delete this, but it’s still there, and just as embarrassing:

"The Samurai would tear a Knight a new ass hole. The Samurai has better training, better armour, better weapons, ect. Lets not forget all he would have to do is push the Knight over and watch as he can’t get up. The Katana is probably the best sword the world has ever seen, nothing matches it in cutting power, or speed and I’m willing to bet it could cut through plate armour.

Also Japan was way ahead of Europe in terms of Technology, their steel still is the finest in the world. It took guns to finally bring the Samurai down, meanwhile the Knight was defeated by peasants with bows. Samurais are extremely quick and could land a killing stroke before a knight even knew what was going on"

Maybe you’re just a detailed, committed troll.

4 Likes

http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/499686/resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-says-you-nailed-it-7f4696.jpg

7 Likes

that is a japan armour and has nothing to do with Medieval Europe

i like this Armour Teutonic Knights

4 Likes

Except they would never wear those helmets with those gigantic horns in battle.

1 Like

Haven’t you ever heard of a clothes line maneuver?

XD

2 Likes