What do you think of first person?

? "The only thing you’ve got right is that VR is not immersive, because it’s even far better than that!"
but then you show the definition of VR wikipedia with the first line “Virtual reality (VR), sometimes referred to as immersive multimedia,”. So i guess i’m not right?
but meh

Like I said multiple times, third person requires tweaking, its not that cheap like first person.
And a lot of people took skyrim as a good example of third person + first person. But the problem is, that in skyrim the game was made for first person, and the third person was done so badly,. So its a bad example to compare first with third.

And i don’t know what you want to prove, that there is more to oculus rift than what it tried to say in one line of text?
There is so much unsaid, and not enough in detail. But if I would do that I would write an article or video, and it wouldn’t become forum material. Like all the links you send, its more personal investigation than discussion.

I do not disapprove, let those links come.

(But again this becomes less the discussion about first vs third, instead it is more just the context of oculus rift, and I think i saw a separate topic about it.)

Very good point, totally agree on that!

1 Like

I’m sorry, but you have no idea what you are talking about. When a game is designed to be played in first person on one monitor, for a proper first person experience, all you need is one monitor. Because it’s designed to be played in first person. On one monitor. Like most first person games are. Just… Basic logic man. This is you artifically making up arguments to support your cause, which I can’t stand. At the very least don’t try to pass your opinion as the only truth.

don’t be so dramatic, you’ve probably seen all my previous arguments, so you know where i’m coming from.

And you act like all games made perfect design choices, which you probably also agree, completely isn’t true.
In most cases they made a lot of bad choices, with the quantity being decided by the publishers, which can’t be disputed. And because KCD doesn’t have publisher, all their choices where made without an dictating overlord. So we can either assume they thought their decision out very well, or we disagree and continue to discuss it.
(in my opinion, conclusions, experience, most games made bad design choices, so i have love/hate feelings towards games, which made me very cynical over even the games i really love)

Don’t force 1st person view. Make it optional.

I like first person view.

I won’t elaborate but first person is definitely the most immersive way of playing for me, and I prefer it in games in general. I want first person paired with a visible body, and visible, animated hands when I interact with the environment, i.e. I want to see my hands picking stuff up when I do so. Imperative for me.

Didn’t know him personally, but I hear he was alright.

I prefer first person in these kind of games by far.
I don’t think that 3rd person would work with KC because of it’s combat system,even if they had done 3rd person,combat would not be as immersive as in FP
Also,first person will be much better with Oculus rift.

I would love a 3rd person option. I personally can’t stand 1st person. But since this game is what it is I couldn’t pass up supporting it. But I like seeing my character and the animation.

your argument basically hinges on warhorse is wrong, i’m right.

it’s a preference argument. preferences are subjective so you’re wasting your time.

This topic is still going? Cut if off finally.

/thread

I think the original post is flexible and accepts that a serious design choice has already been made by the developers. I, however, do not believe it is unreasonable to expect a third person rotational view, while out of combat. This would not require loads of work, and would allow players to better enjoy the surrounding world, as well as character details. I prefer first person combat, if only because I find third person to be a little more… arcadey. May come from my youth playing Street Fighter and such. :stuck_out_tongue:

vanity cam would be easily modded in. it’s the 3rd person combat that is going to be hell to develop for this particular fighting mechanic, so they decided to nix that idea.