What do you want NOT to see in Kingdome Come: Deliverance?

I’ve had a mod like that, for Morrowind was it? Oblivion? Not sure. Point being, pernament stat decreases and limitations were a terribly obnoxious gameplay mechanic which served very little practical use (find a bed and sleep or wait for a several days for it to go away), soo yes to “no magic healing potions” (find a doctor to heal wounds, maybe?), yes to some sort of pernament scarring system, a big no to obnoxious gameplay limitations.

May be I miss this,
But I don’t want to see enemy respawns

1 Like

I like your thinking here. I’d build on it to say that initial triage should/could be a factor. If you take a break from adventuring to properly clean and bandage the wound your path to healing may be quicker. However, if you allow it to become infected there could be repercussions. Just a thought.

Shoe sizes is a little to detailed for my tastes (doesn’t add any value to the game and could get frustrating), but I totally agree with not having a map. Forcing to player to REALLY look at the environment (signs, landmarks) to find their way makes for an extremely immersive game.

1 Like

Agree wholeheartedly on all but f), which I complete disagree haha. Arne echoes my thoughts perfectly.

Please, please please no quest markers or other hand holdy bullshit. I want to get lost in this world. Sure tell me where I’m supposed to go in my journal, I don’t need an arrow telling me exactly where to go so I don’t get lost. I’m a big kid, I can figure things out for myself, I understand my actions have consequences. All I want is a map I need to follow, if I need to trek across the countryside to get to a city I can do it myself.

4 Likes

I would like full naked women if I persuade them to come in bed with me :wink:

1 Like

People were more clean than not earlier times but … later … The most dirty times in our history is XVIII-XIX century. And point is that it is times of great plague that started the idea that cleaning opens space for the disease - so that is exactly around those times… Luckily this tradition first started in Western Europe while it avoided Eastern for longer time.
Also the cleanness of the Middle Ages were different from the one we know. From around this time in neighbouring country there was a document that guild created a rule for their masters that they cannot send their students for weekly bath instead of themselves and they have to do it every week in person. So idea that those people were clean while decent guild masters were avoiding weekly bath so much that there had to be a guild rule for it …
They were dirty - just not the way as in XIX century (“my grandma never bathed, my mom never did, so i can for sure avoid it for the rest of my life thank you”). Also worth mentioning that bath had its cost. So not every one in the city would do it anyway. Villagers would be cleaner actually thanks to possibility of nature bath in streams and such. No soap though - soap was rare and god awful. And if you got money you would certainly change your “white” clothes as often as possible. But the outdoor clothes you would probably never wash. And this is true also for wealthiest.
So very often weekly bath, no soap, more dirty poor people in cities, generally cleaner knickers and stuff but stained and stiff external parts of the clothes.

Oh the opposite. Big immersive world needs huge amounts of space. Unused that is only here to get you lost. Or to do some businesses not connected to the main story. Like some hunting or … getting lost …Finding some odd house middle of the forest, with some history or just abandoned … and the like. I hate the games that has every single square inch covered with quests and crap. It’s Ok if it is some sidequest from now and again but not every single inch … how realistic it is …

2 Likes

No fast travel allowed. I want longer travels to be like Morrowind. Take a ship, take a caravan. I don’t care. Quicker traveling options should have a set start and end point. Yes, some people say you can just ignore the fast travel feature but when the game is build around instant fast travel it gets ruined.

2 Likes

Bad voice acting and terrible writing.

1 Like

I do not want to see a linear quest line. Ie; If you don’t do A you cannot proceed to B. I’d much rather if you had multiple choices for the same action with different outcomes. Options.

I would not like to see multiplayer

I would not like to see turn based combat.

I would not like to see objects you cannot interact with.

I would not like to see a game without a construction set and player made mods.

I would not like to see dumbed down repetitive AI

I would not like to see half naked wenches

check

check

nearly impossible

check

higly possibly check

What is wrong with you?

2 Likes

I don’t want to see redudant button presses to access the inventory, it needs to be some what instant

I don’t want to see too many gamey UI elements in the world, but on the map I really dont care how many icons and whatnots there are

I don’t want quest information to be irrelevant and I just get an objective marker by clicking on the quest. The Witcher 3 allowed you to grab a bunch of questa from noticeboards and automatically you had an objective. I never read those posts because once at the destination the game just tells you what to do. Some investigation and recognition of the world could be demanded, or else it just becomes lore and technically all quests become “go here push X” or “go here kill monster”

I don’t want to see oversexualized female NPCs or violence against women there just to “explain” to me what kind of world this is (or rather what time this is) those are cheap overused tricks other games already did a hundred times.

I don’t want to “fail” quests that I can not retry. If there is a fail state, design the story so that it’s possible to take that quest again please.

I don’t want too many fast travel points. You lose connection with the world and end up just teleporting around with a shopping list to clear out your questlog. Red Dead Redemption is a quite good example of decent fast travelling, you need to find the stage coach and go in that. I did miss for example being woken up at night and being ambushed, KCtD could have 1P interior in coaches, dialogue with other travellers, perhaps you even get a sidequst by travelling in the coach, making you deviate from your current quest and further explore the world.

My guess is that violence will be evenly spread on all genders.
Though some nationalities and religions might see more violence than others.

What does menu based crafting mean and how would you like crafting to work instead?

• No slot based inventory. Rather weight based like The Witcher. A leaf from a herb shouldnt occupy as much inventory as a helmet
• No Multiplayer. It ruins the immersion for me when there pops up MP quests in the world and links to “get Playstation Plus to play this”

Would not like to see fast travel or compass markers. Total immersion breakers - Give me a map, a horse, and stars so I can enjoy the beautiful world instead.

Please no point to point fast travel. Point to Point Fast travel absolutely destroys/obliterates/mutalates the experience. Morrowind had a fantastic fast travel system. Gothic 2 had no fast travel and still managed to be a fantastic open world experience.

Think about how awful Lord of the Rings would have been if Frodo could fast travel back to the village, pick up more lambus bread, better weapons, healing potions, and fast travel back to Mordor. That kills the flow of the journey.

1 Like

There was talk of a mode that disables them, as well as the stamina bar. I think an option to turn them off would be ideal. As for fast travel, don’t like it? Don’t use it. Removing it from the game entirely to suit a few people is a terrible idea.

4 Likes

Gothic 2 had teleportation runestones = fast travel.
And Morrowind had those payable mounts and boats if i recall correctly, also quite typical fast travel, and both games were just fine.
I agree that fast travel definitely shouldn´t be usable anywhere to move whenever you want, but should work as some waypoint system just like in those games or Witcher 3.