What do you want NOT to see in Kingdome Come: Deliverance?

I really don’t want to see Multiplayer in the game world…but IMO Tournament Mode seems PRIME for multiplayer. Depending on how many “events” they include in tournament mode, they’re could be some really interesting tournaments, livestream events, and guilds.

2 Likes

@thomasthelord you said it best!

Also, I don’t want to see invincible children in Deliverance. Either no children at all or make all of them killable/lootable.
We discuss this children problem in another theme: Will there be ...children?

1 Like

Quick Time Events.

For the sake of all that is cute and squishy.

The Sims . . . . . .

1 Like

I don’t want to see magic and the like, which I don’t see as a problem with this game. I like very much that they are going with a more realistic theme and not all wizards and dragons.

People actually were bathing a lot during spring/summer/early autumn, it was only during winter that bathing was rare. Do not imagine middle ages like some big pigpen :smile:

I don’t want to see Achievements for every single minor thing possible, I’m not saying I don’t like’em, but if you played Incredible Adventures of Van Hellsing you know what I mean.

I like the concept of achievements as milestones in my game adventure… I do not enjoy when the game decides starting it and opening the first door is a milestone, then talking to the first person is a milestone, then… the second person is also a milestone.

Too many achievements can get pretty silly pretty fast.

I also want to see real currency. No “credits”. Love what Darklands did, where they made you use actual currency, and creating bank notes was a big deal. Loved that.

Personally I’m a fan of only having ridiculous achievements. What I mean is stuff like: fall out of the map/clip out of the map geometry. Kill an innocent civilian in broad daylight and get away with it, etc… But I understand completely if this isn’t featured. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t want to see sudden and unexpected switches of camera view…in the new Thief the switch to third person whilst climbing seriously pissed me off!

1 Like

Technical Copy Protection - DRM. This is really something I don’t want to see.

I’d be fine with something like Dial a Pirate, but no one uses this anymore. Of course it could also be broken (copied) - but it was a constant reminder you don’t have the real deal, you don’t have the original. This would be fine with me. But I hate TAGES or STEAM or any like that.

Karma meters. I hate those when they are used badley. I’m looking at you KOTOR and Fallout 3.

1 Like

I disagree about fast travelling.
Although we want the game feel very realistic, it is not a “medieval simulator”. In my opinion fast travel allows games to avoid becoming boring.
Also, fast travels are usually optional. If you do not want to fast travel, you can walk/mount a horse and go.

Agreed.
I’m not completely against QTEs, but they are definitely not for this kind of game.

I like both kinds of achievements.
I agree that achievements should be great milestones of the game instead of the “talk to the first person/open the first door” ones. But I also like funny or ridiculous achievements like the examples from @DarthFutuza.

I agree with @Israel. I think Elder Scrolls got it right by having you physically travel to a location the first time you visit but afterwards you have the option to fast travel with time passing in the background. When first playing the game I’ll ride everywhere physically but I can see later in the game just wanting to get on with whatever I’m working on and thus having fast travel makes the game less frustrating.

The less frustrating the better the game will do commercially and since you always have the option to manually travel if that’s your preference I think incorporating fast travel is the way to go.

1 Like

“I heard they’re reforming the Dawnguard. Some kind of vampire hunters or something.” ARRRGGGHHH SHUT UP SHUT UP! Good call. I’d rather have a village full of deaf-mutes than hear the exact same recorded dialogue over and over and over and over again. If you play a game straight through in 15 hours or something, that’s probably not a big deal. I’ve got 600 hours in Skyrim, though, and believe me, the NPC chatter gets REALLY old. Not sure what the solution is… maybe the NPCs don’t feel the pathological urge to say something every time you walk by them?

2 Likes

I have just remembered something very important:
I do not want regional restrictions.

I am from Brazil and recently some games began to have regional restrictions for activation and/or playing on Steam. It is a bad, very bad move from the devs/publishers and I really hope Kingdom Come does not have any of this…

What? I always carry extra clothes, shoes and 4-5 cell phones if mine breaks. Also, I carry food for a week in my pockets and about 10.000 Swedish kronor in coins.