What do you want NOT to see in Kingdome Come: Deliverance?

Bad voice acting and terrible writing.

1 Like

I do not want to see a linear quest line. Ie; If you don’t do A you cannot proceed to B. I’d much rather if you had multiple choices for the same action with different outcomes. Options.

I would not like to see multiplayer

I would not like to see turn based combat.

I would not like to see objects you cannot interact with.

I would not like to see a game without a construction set and player made mods.

I would not like to see dumbed down repetitive AI

I would not like to see half naked wenches

check

check

nearly impossible

check

higly possibly check

What is wrong with you?

2 Likes

I don’t want to see redudant button presses to access the inventory, it needs to be some what instant

I don’t want to see too many gamey UI elements in the world, but on the map I really dont care how many icons and whatnots there are

I don’t want quest information to be irrelevant and I just get an objective marker by clicking on the quest. The Witcher 3 allowed you to grab a bunch of questa from noticeboards and automatically you had an objective. I never read those posts because once at the destination the game just tells you what to do. Some investigation and recognition of the world could be demanded, or else it just becomes lore and technically all quests become “go here push X” or “go here kill monster”

I don’t want to see oversexualized female NPCs or violence against women there just to “explain” to me what kind of world this is (or rather what time this is) those are cheap overused tricks other games already did a hundred times.

I don’t want to “fail” quests that I can not retry. If there is a fail state, design the story so that it’s possible to take that quest again please.

I don’t want too many fast travel points. You lose connection with the world and end up just teleporting around with a shopping list to clear out your questlog. Red Dead Redemption is a quite good example of decent fast travelling, you need to find the stage coach and go in that. I did miss for example being woken up at night and being ambushed, KCtD could have 1P interior in coaches, dialogue with other travellers, perhaps you even get a sidequst by travelling in the coach, making you deviate from your current quest and further explore the world.

My guess is that violence will be evenly spread on all genders.
Though some nationalities and religions might see more violence than others.

What does menu based crafting mean and how would you like crafting to work instead?

• No slot based inventory. Rather weight based like The Witcher. A leaf from a herb shouldnt occupy as much inventory as a helmet
• No Multiplayer. It ruins the immersion for me when there pops up MP quests in the world and links to “get Playstation Plus to play this”

Would not like to see fast travel or compass markers. Total immersion breakers - Give me a map, a horse, and stars so I can enjoy the beautiful world instead.

Please no point to point fast travel. Point to Point Fast travel absolutely destroys/obliterates/mutalates the experience. Morrowind had a fantastic fast travel system. Gothic 2 had no fast travel and still managed to be a fantastic open world experience.

Think about how awful Lord of the Rings would have been if Frodo could fast travel back to the village, pick up more lambus bread, better weapons, healing potions, and fast travel back to Mordor. That kills the flow of the journey.

1 Like

There was talk of a mode that disables them, as well as the stamina bar. I think an option to turn them off would be ideal. As for fast travel, don’t like it? Don’t use it. Removing it from the game entirely to suit a few people is a terrible idea.

4 Likes

Gothic 2 had teleportation runestones = fast travel.
And Morrowind had those payable mounts and boats if i recall correctly, also quite typical fast travel, and both games were just fine.
I agree that fast travel definitely shouldn´t be usable anywhere to move whenever you want, but should work as some waypoint system just like in those games or Witcher 3.

I’m not advocating no fast travel. I’m suggesting no point to point fast travel. It absolutely destroys immersion.

I hear this phrase alot “As for fast travel, don’t like it? Don’t use it”. It shows a profound lack of understanding of psychology and what immersion really means. There’s a huge difference the way the brain processes won’t vs can’t.

You wouldn’t suggest giving infinite ammo to a player then telling the player to invoke their will power to artificially limit their ammo. Or suggest infinite health points and tell the player to voluntary exit their game after being shot 5 times. Those are terrible immersion breaking schemes.

Bu again, not suggesting no fast travel, I agree its needed. I am suggesting a transport network style fast travel like Morrowind. Rather than the more casual experience of point to point fast travel in most modern RPG’s.

4 Likes

Meh. I had no trouble walking or riding everywhere in W3. I found it more immersive than constant use of the waypoint markers, yet their availability for travel between regions and for working around loading bugs wasn’t any detriment to game.

I didn’t even think about using FT most of the time.

Let me tell you what immersion doesn’t mean. It doesn’t mean that something should be removed simply because you don’t like it, and the mere existence of it is too difficult for you to resist, breaking your precious “immersion.”

Yes, I would. There are ways, quite simple ways, to have infinite health and ammo in most games, especially single player offline games with no server side correction. Some games even include cheats, codes, console commands, etc. Some simply have them in the options settings.

I know this might be difficult for someone like you, but yes, you do require some self control. Shocking, right? You’re the one that wants it. You’re the one that has to do it. Removing it completely just because you’re too weak to resist using it, and its mere existence breaks your “immersion” is ridiculous.

I’m going to spoil your immersion here. It’s a game. It’s not real. Immersion broken.

2 Likes

A Profound lack of understanding indeed…

That’s ok. Not everyone agrees. I hope the developers hold true to their vision. It’s a fantastic experience so far.

1 Like

No, no, and no. I don’t want to start the game and have to shake off my training wheels. I want to be in the shit immediately. I’ve been playing video games for more than half my life professionally and casually. If you want the choice to choose, so do I, and I don’t want that garbage put upon me

I agree, the mentality changes when you know fast travel is an option. Ideally, you should be able to disable it permanently when making your new game, not even console commands being able to bring it back. And of course the game should be made under the assumption that people don’t use fast travel, meaning immersive ways to get around will be implemented.

I have always felt that Henry, having grown up in this region, should have a basic knowledge of the small villages surrounding his home. For me, it is not the whole idea of a map being expensive, but rather that a map imparts to me, the player, the knowledge that Henry has in his memory from growing up in this area. The map is not a real map Henry has in his pocket; but rather, it is a way of imparting Henry’s memory and thoughts to the player, so the player can truly “become” Henry–that is true immersion. To start with no map, and therefore, with Henry having no idea about the surroundings he grew up in, is completely opposite of realism. It is unrealistic to think that Henry never traveled to the villages surrounding his home which were less than a day’s journey away, during the first 2-3 decades of his life. I know most people did not travel extensively, but surely they knew a bit about the villages/towns surrounding their home. Honestly, having no maps is one feature I hate with a passion in any game.

4 Likes

I like this Idea. It could be expanded.
On the beginning, only his village and some surroundings could be visible, the rest would be covered with “fog of war”.
When he buys a real map, some contoures from the map could be shown here.
When he enters the region, the map would be uncovered.
Eventually, after some time the region wasn’t visited, the map could vanish to contoures.

Memory simulation :wink:

• No achievements
  • No DLC
  • No DRM.

I would almost gladly give my money to any game company with those ethics, regardless of the game itself, even if I may not play it.

Well, get cracked version and pay the devs directly via paypal or bank transfer… Problem solved :smiley: