What do you want NOT to see in Kingdome Come: Deliverance?

I dont want to see any (stupid) achievements… (I know there must be some ((one of answers)) for Steam?) What really annoy me in most of games is stuff like -Congrat, you have just killed a squirrel!- or - Congrat, you have just went forward!- … I am not a retarded monkey with an inferiority complex, I dont need any stupid achievements…

5 Likes

Hi,

No multiplayer, no GPS !

1 Like

No multi-player, please! For the love of anything that you hold dear! If there’s one thing this world has enough of, it is definitely half-arsed games because they have to split time for multi-player (which gets ignored most of the time anyways).

3 Likes

I used to be a adventurer like you… then I took a arrow to th-
No, none of this… or dragons. No dragons either. That also includes all mythical creatures.

No quick time events (QTEs)!

4 Likes

medieval hitman/thief/dishonored/assassins creed.

there are enough bad games with those mechanics.

“Important” socio-philosophical life lessons based around modern day political issues shoehorned into sidequests (or God forbid the MQ), and then crammed down the player’s throat. It pulls me right out when there are quests about racism, homophobia, etc. that mirror today’s talking points. Don’t get me wrong - I am by no means a racist or homophobe, but to inject current political issues into a medieval setting is absurdly anachronistic and totally shatters the illusion for me. Yes, homosexuality did exist back then (obviously) and it was taboo, and while exposure to other “races” to the general European population (like Sub-Saharan Africans, East Asians, etc.) was extremely minimal certainly persecution among European groups themselves did exist and was widespread (for example, Roman against English, English against Irish, etc.) based on geography or perceived ethnicity… but things like that were just not in any way, shape, or form the issues back then that they are today (nor were they seen through the same prism they are today).

And for the love of God, no multiplayer.

5 Likes

I don’t want to see static parries or “edge bashing” in the combat system, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

I do NOT want to have to run around collecting stupid ass collectibles that add nothing to the game-play what so ever! While I do consider myself a completionist and love to seek out EVERY aspect in a game, that also means I feel the need to obtain every single collectibles in a game but I HATE to an infinite degree having to go around searching for them and actually getting them. Ex: Feathers/chests in AC, Soul Rocks in Darksiders II, chest/shrines in Sleeping Dogs, ect… I hate them so very much but also feel the desire to complete them. It really breaks immersion and realism because I end up just running around like a maniac for a good 2 hours just to collect them all in one sitting so I never have to deal with them again but in the meantime i’m pushing past people and basically NOT acting the role of what my character should be like in an rp/immersive sense. Please don’t do that to this game! Don’t do that to me! XD

2 Likes

You’re quite welcome. I may come across a bit bold at times, but it’s only because I want people to be able to tell the truth from the clichés.

Now one more thing you might have to take into consideration when you do your research about cleanliness, even though it may seem silly at first:

This is something that is true even today: While most of us shower and wash their hair every day, or every other day, that is not really the best thing to do (Unless you fell into a puddle of mud).
If we use shampoo and shower gel on our body that often, we end up constantly destroying the natural, dirt-resistant layer of skin that naturally forms after a while. It keeps the smell from sweating away, the dirt, and even our hair will still look nice. Synthetic clothing of today on the other hand increases speed at which we start to smell.

This might seem silly at first: But there are many accounts, even of popular people on youtube, that only wash their hair once a week. And they look fabolous. Just like with our skin: Once we stop constantly scrubbing hair with shampoo, it will start to form a natural layer, which keeps all the dirt and fat away for quite a while, the hair ending up just fine for a week or longer without washing.

The issue for people nowadays is that you need to go through quite a period of ugly and dirty hair before we get to the point where we only need to wash it once a week.

Now back then, they had no shampoo or shower gel as we know it today at all. And they only wore clothes made out of natural fabrics. And they didn’t shower every single day. All of that actually makes for long-lasting fresh looking people.

3 Likes

Elricvon, I’m starting to think you should write a “Modern Medieval Myths” book or something.

1 Like

Regarding the two kings-brothers situation, don’t worry, the two brothers are not gonna be portrayed as a boy a of the light versus moustache twirling villain. Dan described the situation quite well here:

4 Likes

First post here! (I should have signed up like a week ago but kept forgetting)

I think this has already been covered, but please for the love of all that is holy, no “Fetch me fifteen bear pelts!” type quests (unless you’re actually, you know, helping a hunter NPC who has a special vendetta against bears) because they get old, really really quick.

I don’t want to always play the good Samaritan who runs down to the local Ye Olde Shoppe to pick up five carrots for the old widow down the road, or be the errand boy in a series of especially bizarre quests where someone tells me to go pick fifty dandelions.

And another thing that’s related to the point above: chasing after animals/mobs and killing them only to find they haven’t dropped those pesky wolf teeth you need despite the fact that the wolf is clearly in possession of a set of teeth (which it was using to maul you with earlier). If you loot a mob or animal, I’d like to be able to loot /everything/. If it’s an animal I’d like to be able to either skin it and eat the meat or string up the corpse to be sold to a butcher/furrier and remove any relevant parts needed for a quest, and if it’s a person I’d like to be able to pick over their stuff like the true little packrat that I am and loot anything that takes my fancy from his custom armour and Damascene-steel dagger right down to his underpants.

Especially maybe his underpants. (Don’t judge me)

Also please if any women are going to be wearing armour (rare to nonexistant for the time period, I know), don’t go down the stupid path of high fantasy (looking at you, WoW) where the chainmail bikini is a thing. Give the ladies proper, full amour or don’t send them to the frontlines at all. (However if memory serves me, right up until the 18th century women would follow their husbands out into the field to stay behind the lines and act as nurses to the wounded and cooks for the soldiers. It’d be cool if this was a thing in KC: D as well for accuracy reasons)

Finally and still on the point of women, I heard that it’d be possible to seduce the ladies in-game. Please don’t give us a generic, 2D mechanic where you can seduce and boink anything with lady parts (or manly bits too if you’re into that) if you’re ~famous~ enough, I’d like to be able to have NPCs that slap me for daring to suggest such a lewd thing in the first place irregardless of whether I’m a Knight of the Realm or Right Hand Man of the King or whatever. (sorry I’m running off into suggestions rather than stuff I’d rather not see in-game)

5 Likes

Hmm if you made the game completely realistic then you end up with a medieval version of the Sims (which I think exists already) were you spend 90% of your time taking care of bodily functions and only 10% on adventuring. I do agree that we need realistic combat, like wounds affecting your ability to move and do stuff, and also an inventory system that doesn’t allow you to carry a bazooka and 4 SMG in a backpack, plus many other things, but shoe sizes is a step too far.

3 Likes

There’s NO WAY I’m reading the 115 posts above me.

What I don’t want to see is a non-diverse linear game that puts all it’s stock on a few innovative features. I’m looking at you “Mount&Blade”!

Basically, I hope this game will utilize it’s potential, but from the sound of it, the authors have a very modest goal in mind, if you ask me.

I don’t want to see super pretentious details that are based off of one or two possible sources… For instance, it seems the development team has opted to disable the ability to use a long sword from horseback which I find strange, having had no problem using one recreationally, and in fact found the added reach to be a great advantage (we’re talking a difference of ca. 500 gram from an arming sword…).

I don’t want to see a game like the Witcher where, despite a great story, the roleplaying options are super limited because the story was already set in stone. I also don’t want to see a world that cannot be interacted with properly… In many RPG games, you can “gain a stronghold” and costumize it a bit, and that’s the very least of my expectations. Heck, with the engine the game is using, I’m half expecting to be able to place a farm anywhere on the map I want.

I’m a gamer who have always wanted this kind of game, no more some fantasy magic or dragons. But in this, I would like to know how the “respawn” works, I have had enough for the spirit flying around and there is no actual penalty when you die. I want to see real Hardcore and if you are defeated in the battlefield you should lost your armor or something and few “levels” dropping, making the game feel like you have something to lose. Just charge in the battle is not fun when you know there is no penalty. But if you know that you’re going to lose everything, you might wanna think that charge thing, and actually think about your in-game life.

So I don’t wanna see that “respawn” spirit thing or you just spawn next to some lantern or anything like that. Some medieval hospital or a monastery or something.

I thank You making this game, and I’m waiting the alpha to test this. I backed you buyng Baron digital.

Thank you thank you thank you

2 Likes

-No QTEs
-No forced sex scenes for the sake of being edgy and adult (*cough Witcher *cough)
-No useless skanky outfits for female characters
-No Multiplayer

10 Likes

A distinct lack of cow related tipping mini games.

1 Like

You have a friend in me Jon Shannow! All the friendless belong cough cough I mean are my friends :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do not want the game to force a specific gameplay on me. I like to play a stealthy character but many games force some fights on me like in Far Cry 3 when you are forced to use a machine gun on a jeep, or in Oblivion when you are stuck in a 12 m² crypt with a vampire or something, it’s painful when your character is an archer…

I understand that there may logicaly be some situations in the story where the hero is attacked and doesn’t have the choice of his weapons or strategy, but well, hopefully it won’t happen too often and/or there will always be a relatively “stealthy” way of solving the problem ;).