What do you want to see in Kingdom Come: Deliverance?

What would make the game great:

1. A world that has a sense of mystique, mysticism, and danger. Having robbers, thieves, bandits, witches, occultist groups, a group like the dark brotherhood, murderers, serial killers, quest lines with threads of a world with beliefs rooted in superstition woven throughout, invading armies, etc would all contribute to this end. Having animals/creatures would also add to this: animals like bears and wolves, and especially a creature like the Beast of Gévaudan. It would be cool to venture out at night when the world turns into a dangerous place (like Dragon’s Dogma). It would be cool to stumble upon an occultist group that’s in the middle of a pagan sacrificial ceremony - the members in hooded robes surrounding a fire, chanting to the cue of their high priest who is ready to sacrifice something or somebody. And to have the option to be a member of this group, or to stop them!

2. Gore and the ability to sever limbs (arms, legs, and head). Torture devices: the ability to kidnap enemies and torture them for needed information or to use them as a pawn to accomplish objectives.

3. Discoverable Items: Treasures and other items (weapons, armor, etc) that can be found.

4. Caves and dungeons to explore.

5. Dynamic Seasons: Fall, winter, spring, summer

6. Greater populated cities/towns than what we have seen so far. (I do realize the game is in pre-alpha form.)

7. Frequent battles, castle sieges, and combat; and the option to replay each battle.

8. Possibility to swim.

9. Having covert missions/quests that require stealth (stealing money or items, assassinations, poisoning someone for a greater purpose, etc

10. The capability to raise up an army for the purpose of defeating the king’s army and overtake the throne. It would be great to have different factions similar to the Stormcloaks and Imperial Army in Skyrim, where you can join either side or play both sides to further your interests.

11. The possibility of wearing different disguises, and having those disguises actually make a difference. For example, the ability to dress as a priest and thereby quickly gain the trust of others or gain access to nobility in order to assassinate them.

12. Projectiles: I absolutely love to launch/shoot things. Catapults, bows, crossbows, daggers, lassos, grappling hooks, guns (if possible), etc.

This is a question of interface. For example keyboard for movement control, mouse for combat. You should agree - mounted combat in M&B isnt that complicated. And - yes - I would be happy if it were a bit more complex. And would work nice in addition to declared horse intellect.
Yet, whatever you say, riding is an art (or skill at least), being mounted must be very beneficial for a rider, but also demand more. IMHO.
As for me - I really want to see a playable simulation of mounted combat, but I realize that it isnt neccessary for mass RPG. Anyway, Red Dead Redemtion must the bottom bracket for any serious, modern and hardcore game with riding.

And one more thing I want to see:

Difficulty settings for combat (separated from other settings), including “normal” settings as for general RP-gamers, “hard” and even “realistic” with lethal stabs and so on for those from action-RPGs like M&B.

1 Like

I hope we get some Mod Support for Community.

1 Like

Nameable horses, custom capes and blankets

Judicial duels seems to be to be an interesting idea as an consequence for wrong doings. Though one could argue it would just allow you do fight your way out of any crime, but that would only be so if its implemented in a shallow manner.

Hmm it does occur that I do not actually know if Bohemia at the time had such a thing - have a tendency to generalize all medieval history with the parts I familiar with.

Big breasted tavern wenches you can slap on the arse.

3 Likes

I hope to see more than the choice system in dialogue the developers have mentioned. It’s my hope that the story will be dynamic with a few points of decision that will effect which quest tree opens up in the future and also that influences the ultimate end of the game. I’m thinking of something similar to Witcher 2 where chunks of the game interaction change later on and the endgame is tailored to the choices you made. With three acts to work with this could lead to something very dynamic with massive replayability.

It doesn’t have to be overly complicated. Put one major choice in each act for the overreaching arc. Also set up one or two minor choices that effect the end of each particular act. By minor choices I mean resulting in some dialogue about what happened to an ally or a particular village.

1 Like

The in game systems to be built towards full immersion. For example, fast travel would be riding on a wagon or horse, but on auto-pilot to your destination. Possibly with a configurable chance for bandit attack in-route.

Player-built player home. I don’t mean the player has to go through the trouble of building basically a pre-designed home, I talking about a simple set of tools that will let us create a layout/ floor plan, and then we must gather or purchase the materials and build our home.Also, have a selection of plots the player can purchase, across a few towns, to choose the location of his/her home from.

Most importantly. Please please please release an excellent set of modders’ tools. The force is strong in the modding community. Give us what we need to make this game tailor-able to every individual, and we will keep your game alive and re-playable for years.

3 Likes

Every now and then I think it would be cool to see some enemies surrender half way through duels/battles or even be intimidated that they throw down their weapon and not fight at all. And I don’t mean in scripted scenes either.
I think it would add to the idea of dynamic combat…
So the game isnt just about killing everything everything in sight.

I know the game wont have a morale system - I think? but that doesn’t mean there cant be morale choices… you could kill them on the spot for some looting, or take them prisoner and hand them in for a reward, or just let them go
I dunno I havent thought everything through, its just an Idea :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I’d like the option to upgrade the army you will be fighting with/for, eg, funding their training,discovering techniques and battle formations in books etc and by upgrading their armour and weapons aswell as siege weapons.

1 Like

That i want to see is that we can Kill someone in the game, and in the middle of the night i plant the body in another house or if you planted evidence or something with someone else. and then someone else gets hanged or get to prison because of what you did :smile:

I'm really hoping that the game has great dialog and snarkyness.   I've noticed that a lot of the games I've played of late have character interaction at just a basic level.   My favorite dialogs come from Witcher and Dragon Age.   Their characters had personality and I have great hopes that the characters in this game will have great personalities as well!

Boojum

I would like to see many things, the realer the better.
For the first person combat I would very much demand the possibility to have the view split into three monitors, so I can have the proper feel of peripheral vision and realistic near-180° angle of visibility. And to go easy on the devs, I would even agree that the side-monitors images get blurred out to save the graphical computational power and to be realistic. I imagine I should be able to see someone coming on the peripheral monitor, judge their size and recognize the color of their clothing, but that’s it.

Besides the very interesting and special combat, I’d like to see a nice system for the social “bard” role or “way”. Not only with intrigues and lies, but also stories, legends and songs which can be used either just for entertaining the folk, or for influencing how people think about someone - but have to be learned or, if possible, “created” at first. For example “combine your one legend or song like a puzzle” and sing/play it… and see if people like that or throw foul vegetables at you! :wink:

Maybe you have to do or see something special at first (quest, encounter with different options) in order to be inspired for writing or telling special parts of songs or stories.

Talking about legends, I’d like to have some “real” historical eastern european/czech fairy tales in it, if possible!

1 Like

I’d love some same sex romances.

I’d love to see myself regretting to back the game not at all… which means… having fun and enjoying the game… *-*

:slight_smile:

I really hope the “warhorses” can realize what they’ve been dreaming about…

I agree completely, this makes good points about polearms and how important they are, and I see that as a huge part of warfare at that time.

I do not think Warhors will ever read this, or ever answer this, I don’t even know I they’ll take a not about what we’re saying here, but whatever

Actually, I want almost the same thing as everyone here, I didn’t saw any bad idea for me (except maybe the coop mod but whatever)

And I’ll tell you the thing I want most in this game : I want to be a part of the world. By that, I mean I don’t want to stat a blacksmith son, doing shit for lord and stuff… Of course I can’t be king of the land, I’ll obey some lord, some king etc… But If I actually save the king’s daughter, he would be a very dumb lord to reward me with 25 silver coin. And that’s what happen too much in video games.

You’re doing amazing stuff, killing a bunch of ennemies, solves everyone’s problem and get nothing back ? Well, you’ll get epic sword, some gold and stuff, but no “social” reward.

I want people to recognize me for what I did. < Thank you for bringin some food at the village, we were starving ! Here, have a 20% reduction at my shop ! >

Or
< God ! You saved my lord’s life, If you ever need me, my sword is your !"

So you make friend, and companions, and so many other thing, and then, you’re now a part of a living world.

Second thing would be to have a little land to live. I do not want a big castle, I don’t give a damn about it. But a little stronghold, a village or whatever. Being lord of something would be really amazing ! Possibility to bring your men to adventure with you, let you companion live in your estate (If you ever have real companion, like mass effect or dragon age, with real story and stuff behind them) , see your villager work for you, and when they see you “Oh, greeting my lord” that would be so amazing !

You could eventually manage to become a land owner before the great battle, and then, take your few men to battle and see your (little) banner in the sky. So epic !

The last thing, realy look like the first one but I also want that If you come in a village, see people starving in the street, some other trying to steal food and stuff, and you bring back in the village food, I don’t want to see the village look like chaos. I mean by that : C’mon, you have food now, you’re not starving anymore, why are you staying in the street and act like you’re gonna die ?

See what I mean ?

Whatever, thank’s for reading me and sorry for my pretty bad english, I’m a french guy. See ya !

2 Likes
  • I want the game world to feel alive. i.e. people always doing something, no one just waiting around for you to talk to them. This is something I heard them say they were doing and I’m really quite excited for.

• I want the amount of animal life to be realistic. So everything from bugs to bears.

• I want the physical aspects of the player to be realistic. So we should be subject to things like carrying capacity and jogging/running endurance.

• dynamic weather

• With all those clothing layers and equipment slots…it would be a shame for one of them not to be pouches/backpacks.

• A system that allows for you to sleep/cook in the wilderness so I don’t have to trek back home every night.

• And most importantly…FALCONS.

2 Likes

I would like to see the medieval song reproduction by Vox Vulgaris “Rokatanc” to be implemented somewhere in the game either in some kind of tournament, festival, or combat. The song is amazing and was actually composed in the middle ages, and its very up beat. Rokatanc- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRIX0pBdk1Q

1 Like