What is the first thing you will do?

I’m interested in the AI subroutines. They mentioned that you can try to break it and they will counter your actions. Open world games always have the dumbest AI of any game, they either stop entirely until you stop pestering them (Skyrim) or get confused and lost in that 1 square metre of space and start walking the other direction, presumably having lost interest in whatever they were going to do beforehand.

1 Like

Blend in. Definitely try to get a job, practice crafting, start small until I’m familiar with the place and only then will I go for the main questline head on. That is if the game allows it of course,

6 Likes

I’ll just wonder around :runner: to see what could I do. Hope they will leave something for us to discover and not spoil in videos. :wink:

4 Likes

I’ll be in the alpha, so initially I think I’ll be pretty limited in what I can do judging by the description Warhorse have given about what will be available for testing when it first goes live. Probably just basic movement, trying out object collision, interaction with NPC’s ect. really basic stuff.

Sharpen/make me one nice sword if I can and then go round cutting peoples legs and seeing the several reactions.

So psychotic ahahah!

1 Like

Testing how long it takes to walk from one end of the world to the other.
Just to prove to the naysayers that the map isn’t that small.

And die of starvation/fatigue (if implemented)? Of course, if there is NOTHING to eat and you don’t rest.

You should try it cross the map crouching all the way :grin:

I’d like to test the crafting if it’s implemented (especially blacksmithing). As someone else also posted, the NPC AI and interaction is also of great interest when Alpha comes out.

running around sight seeing in the alpha enjoying the graphics… :stuck_out_tongue:

There will be only a village for testing purposes (2nd part of the live stream video). :stuck_out_tongue:

Follow the storyline… :wink:

No map exploration??

No, why? I guess that clever quests will lead me through the world anyway…I’m quite sure that I will do some exploration anytime but not necessarily at the beginning of the game.

So you aren’t going to test stuff out or see how thing work. You are basically going to start running through the main story?

Aye, that’s right. Why should I “test” stuff? I’ve played dozens of RPGs and first person games. I will basically work like every other game and the detailed stuff will probably be explained in the beginning of the game in some kind of tutorial.

First: Install the game.

5 Likes

Yeah i know that will be a RPG as all other games, But this one is trying to be something different and something more then the other RPG games

Different yes, but more? I don’t think so… :wink:

I tend to start looking at modding after about a week of doing the missions so I save my exploration until then. I covered every square inch of Lost Heaven when I rebooted CoLD but hardly spent any time just roaming around when playing the missions.
I am hoping there are large/dense forest areas though, I didn’t like that about Skyrim and Oblivion, it just felt like they were representing an area of a certain type by dotting a few relevant items around rather than building something that felt right. Unique Landscapes fixed that for Oblivion but Skyrim still suffers from it.

First thing I would do would probably be running around the towns, trying to nick everyones coin purses.
Then go check out that crafting system and see if I can get myself some good gear.