What will be the saving system?

What will be the saving system similar to? To the Skyrim or Prepare To Die?

3 Likes

I kinda like the save system in MnB because at the beginning of the game you can choose whether you want autosave or manual save.

1 Like

What is Prepare to Die? Since you are contrasting it to Skyrim I’m assuming it saves only at checkpoints rather than Skyrim’s save anywhere system.

I don’t know what this game will have. but I sure hope that it will let us save anywhere. Checkpoint only seems rather outdated.

2 Likes

Dark souls. (It saves manually in every campfire, but all the enemies respawn when you load).

They said something about a few checkpoints in some quests, but nothing more. So we have to wait.

I don’t think checkpoint will happen but the mount and blade autosave system is much more plausible and they could use it but since it doesn’t let you go back and change things I think they will just do a manual save.

1 Like

I like the idea of checkpoints and certain spots (like campfires) as a way to save. Checkpoints help minimize those “ARG!” moments when you realize that a choice made a lot earlier in the game puts you in a dead end. A campfire scene would let you have time to do a lot of “house keeping” 
 saving, looking at your armour, putzing around, without affecting game play too much.

2 Likes

I agree, I would much prefer how Mount and Blade handles saving. While I don’t care for the practice of save scumming, Mount and Blade puts that choice into the player’s hands (this is a single player game after all, it doesn’t affect us if someone else decides to go back and undo their choices.)

But with either of its options M&B doesn’t make us search for a save point if we don’t want to lose any progress, and that’s the issue I take with checkpoint only systems. I’d like to be able start and stop my game without worrying about finding a save point.

6 Likes

I have no problems with checkpoints but i hope they dont make a one and only savepoint i think what they want is a save system with that u can’t change any decisions that ur make in the Game i don’t think this will work fine
 what is if some saw me when i steal something in a City is the complete game fucket up for me after 25h of gameplay? A other think is i dont like it when a Game don’t let me get back to great moments, like somebody comes over and i want to show him a great battle Scene from the game but i cant because it has already happened and i cant jump back to this moment. Sry bad English.

1 Like

I believe it will be something along the lines of every time you sleep or enter into a potential home you live/own. Why would you be able to save during battle, ya know.

I hope that devs put there an option for a saving system. So, everyone can decide if they want to save everywhere/everytime or only at dedicated places (firecamp, checkpoint etc.).

5 Likes

I would vote for a save anywhere system to at least be included with other options, due to the instances where you are out exploring outside of a main quest for up to an hour or so and you need to save and stop the game for some reason. This I feel allows more open exploring without tying you to certain paths where saves can be found.

6 Likes

The “Save anywhere” system remove the thrill 
 let me explain that (if i can of course :smile: As French, i could be difficult to find the right word):

• When i play DarkSouls, each action, each combat looks like real life 
 i know failure means restart and loose something (xp in this case), so i approach each new area slowly, carrefully and each death is a 
 rage!
  • When i play Skyrim, well there is an Autosave when i enter a new area, i quick save after every combat so i don’t care of failure. Even worst: i reload to maximize my skills / move / approach /etc.

If we want this game to add thrill & “frustations”, but also rewards, an auto-save option, using Campfire for example, will give us the best experience.

3 Likes

Save anywhere you want and Auto save every 5 or 10 min. Best and simple.

6 Likes

Checkpoints are for games with little story/character-development. Mostly action/adventure/horror games force checkpoints, which can be very irritating if you die multiple times before reaching the next checkpoint. Allowing little room for mistakes or leisure. It becomes a serious chore.

RPG’s on the other hand, should use manual/auto saves. Because we should always have the option to alter our choices- whenever we feel like. We also should keep our things, not be blocked from a previous area (Unless with good reason, I.E town burns down due to bandits), and be able to save anywhere/whenever we feel like. Freedom of choice please WH. :wink:

(For the Hardcore people, let them be able to not save ever or the option of checkpoints.)

Kingdom come shouldn’t be hellishly difficult as Dark/Demon souls, guys. The DS guys’ll make more skin-tearing and teeth-grinding games for us HardcoreGamerz to enjoy, so let KC: D be a bit more forgiving.

14 Likes

I know we humans are weak but you can always choose. That’s why having options is nice.

5 Likes

Yeah, agreed. I think this is the best way to do it.
You can chose to save after every enemyattack if you’re awful at combat or you can chose not to save at all until you’ve decided that you’ve played enough for the day.

Couldn’t have said it better! I enjoy RPGs for the adventure as much or more than the fight. If I want a rager, my copy of Dark Souls is here collecting dust waiting for my blood pressure to ever go back to normal range, lol.

Agree 
 let’s allow each player to enjoy his own way 

Dear Dev, do you think it could be possible? :blush:

1 Like

I really hope there’ll be a ‘save anywhere’ system, at least for the PC version. But by all means, include a ‘hardcore’ or ‘ironman’ mode for people who want it.

1 Like

Sounds good to me. I hate check point saves, I’d prefer to be able to save when and where I want.

3 Likes