What's Everybody Playing Right Now?!

dat! dunno why, simply my phone keyboard doesnt like me…

btw you can play only as imperial navy? aawww
< spoiler_alert >
since imperial army and navy are only cannonfodder, I guess campaign will end tragically.
< /spoiler_alert >
There must be at least one brother Librarian in the story line!

To topic, in last few days I played only X Rebirth HoL and Arma3 on some CTI servers. Would love to play with my old PvP community, but there are some things that make it impossible right now…

Anyone else looking forward to Stellaris?

I’m pretty intrigued so far. It’s on my watchlist for sure.

Yes but only because i like paradox. I really enjoyed CK2 and cities skylines, but i dont know if stellaris can be what im looking for.
Im more interested in new Hearts of Iron, dusting off on D day

1 Like

This! …Pretty much my reasoning as well :smile:

Well it’s certainly not your average historical Paradox game that’s for sure… but I think the science fiction element could be really interesting. Grand strategy on a universal scale :wink:

1 Like

yeeeaaah, im very curious about that, it’s 50/50 for me if it will catch me or not… :smile: I’m very demanding on space games and combat in them. From videos combat feels more like 2D strategy, but grand strategy games from paradox are not usually focused on combat itself, so why not to try it?

I’ll wait for the reviews to roll in before committing, so we’ll see how it pans out.

And apparently the player has no control over combat (which as you say is pretty much like a typical Paradox grand strategy game anyway), we’d have oversight and visibility of it playing out, and that’s about it

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that you must be a Star Citizen backer I take it?

I’ve got SC only as a gift to a new graphics card some year ago :smiley:
I’m little bit cautious about stuff where is Chris Roberts, because that guy has brilliant capability of creating one product that is awesome for me, but his next project is something that I cannot take. SC looks like a gem, but I don’t want to invest money into it right now, because I was unable to get more than 20fps in hangar with my GTX770.

So I backed Elite when it got out :slight_smile:

1 Like

-Fallout New Vegas (modded)
-TES Skyrim (modded)

Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3 and every friday dungeons&Dragons like a treu nerd :nerd:

1 Like

didnt play that in a long time, but its hard to find people who are willing to play it seriously.

It took me years to find my current group. But when you got one, its one of the best games you can play. Especially when everybody does the roleplaying right.

Playing Total War Attila!
Just uploaded a new Machinima.
Check it out if you like;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imKyZKkCULQ
Cant wait to make KCD Machinimas!

Fallout4

Loving the new Survival Mode!

I haven’t even made it passed Diamond City yet story wise… I think the hundred odd hours I spent on building and crafting really burnt me out :sweat_smile:

Beside the fabulous Kingdom Come, I’m playing Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Division and some GTA V here and there

I took a decent break too, when The Division came out, and then I played the hell out of Exanima.

I returned to Fallout4, and I’m so happy I did. I actually was thinking about this a couple weeks ago, that I may never beat this game, and that’s a damn shame as I was so excited for it.

I think I burned myself out a little bit too, on building, on how much there is to do in the game, and some things just became… less adventuring, and more about stockpiling resources and sort of-- I don’t want to say monotony, but–getting into a certain “gaming rhythm” that wasn’t really focused on anything (be it the story, building up settlements, etc.)

BUT, the most amazing thing happened. Bethesda released their notes about Survival Mode (https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4s-all-new-survival-mode/2016/03/29/96)

I freaked out, needless to say. It COMPLETELY changes the game. It has returned me to what I loved most about it. Adventuring. Discovering. Unraveling. Not feeling like I need to haul every piece of junk I find (because, guess what, I CAN’T. With fast travel, I could take handfuls of stuff at a time, and go back and forth back and forth until I hauled everything home. This got tiresome. And it was unrealistic.

With Survival Mode, things feel more alive. More in the moment. Also, combat is more fun. I HAVE to wear my Power Armor now. Before it was just a luxury. Now I need it. I have to plan my treks. Do I have enough food. Do I have enough water. Do I know of some beds or settlements that are nearby where I can stop to rest.

In addition to all of this, there’s a level of “fear” that has returned to the game for me. I am literally worried about what’s around the next corner, over the next hill, etc. I can die, and if I didn’t sleep recently, all that time and effort is lost (and believe me, this happened to me a lot when I first switched to Survival Mode.

So many aspects of the game matter now. Cooking stations (turn dirty water into purified water, turn RAD food into healthy cooked food.

During combat, I often HAVE to take meds (Jet, Psycho, PsychoJet, etc.), while before, drugs were something I RARELY ever used.

I could go on and on. As I feel I’ve done a little bit. Point is, so many aspects of the game now have their own little purpose and meaning. And it creates a more interesting and more believable world, and brings true adventuring back to the game.

2 Likes

I am story person. And Fallout 4 was huge disappointment to me.
I was happily looting some bunkers under the supervision of the glorious Brotherhood of Steel, and at one point I decided it is time to look into the main story line.
Oh how wrong I was… I came to learn that Brotherhood of Steel are bunch of fanatic dicks with a leader no more intelligent than Scooby-Doo.
So I switched to the Institute… Oh the future of the man kind, how bright it could have been if yet the Institute was not based on idea that was so stupid, it throws The Tower of Joy scene from Game of Thrones into a shade.
Well I was certainly not joining those sinth-lovers so I had no choice and I sticked with the Institute in faith that I can change things… well… I couldnt… so we bombed everything and I could happily uninstall the game.

But I must say, that if I have had sticked to the looting and exploring, I could have had a good time.
So if anyone here wants to play the main storyline of Fallout 4… please dont do that… its for your own good.

Btw just on monday I started with DOOM - so far it looks like quite a good action game

3 Likes

No time for playing, so I stick to Samorost 3 (not finished yet!) and Hearthstone (usually 1 match, 10 minutes, 1 defeat).
And of course, I am still maintaining Richard Burns Rally Czech plugin & web. But no active driving right now.

1 Like

I got back into M&B warband. Started a new character decided not to raid my way to the top but rather take it slow and earn the love of tbe people.

I thought about trying survival mode in FO4 but that game dissappionted me in the long term.

I had to skim over your post as I haven’t completed the storyline yet (spoilers and such).

But i have heard people who were “meh” on the story and people who liked it.

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what my thoughts are on it.

Where I’m at in the story is I’ve been up in the Prydwen and I know that the Institute exists. That’s about it.