What's Everybody Playing Right Now?!

Slow :slight_smile: and you need other ppl to play with (depending wich server) but somehow addictive and yes still in early acces , im esp. looking forward the the mmo part wich isnt out yet.

Exanima is pretty damn sweet. Playing Witcher 3 too. Solid as well.

1 Like

Wild Hunt is epicā€¦ worth the wait IMO.

2 Likes

Skyrim
Total War Rome 2

The only thing, so far, that I dislike about Witcher 3 is that itā€™s not a living, breathing world (the characters donā€™t seem to have day/night routines). For example, every time I see Willis, the blacksmith, heā€™s always just standing there banging the same thing (sword?) over and over again. Or inside the Bloody Baronā€™s manor, thereā€™s always that dude in a room sharpening his knife. Thatā€™s what he does. All. The. Time. These are just two obvious examples.

I almost would call The Witcher 3 a ā€œpseudo open-world gameā€. Itā€™s more story driven than Skyrim, for example, which is definitely nice and engaging, but Skyrim has much better day/night routines (and hopefully Kingdom Come will have even better day/night routines).

The final thing about W3 that bugs me is how thereā€™s a lot of clipping. You can walk through bushes and tree branches and they donā€™t move. You can walk through hanging rope, etc. Your horse can walk through anything (when youā€™re not riding Roach) including closed doors, etcā€¦ These types of things are unacceptable IMO.

Itā€™s why games like Exanima are so exciting to play. A truly physics based world. I just hope Sui Generis has NPCs with realistic day/night cycles and engaging story and branching dialogue.

1 Like

currently playing a heavily modded GTA5, and KCD aplha.

I got 75% off surgeon simulator coupon on steam if anyone wants it hit me up. With the coupon the game will only be $2.50 USD, im not looking to trade i simply have no use for the coupon.

Anyone tried brejk.eu football manager online already? Itā€™s free and so far itā€™s the best one I saw in the internetz. Itā€™s in czech and english, but english community is small and almost dosnā€™t exist it seemsā€¦ that should change I think!

See ya in Chile (or elsewhere)!

GTA V (PS4)
Fifa 15 (PS4)

Iā€™m REALLY on the fence with Wicther III as Iā€™m a huge Skyrim fan I canā€™t help but think Iā€™ll be making comparison throughout the whole game!

Itā€™s nothing like Skyrim IMO.

Sure itā€™s an open world fantasy action RPG. But thatā€™s where any similarities endā€¦ I really donā€™t get the constant need for comparisons (and thatā€™s not me having a go at you either @Jinks) I just donā€™t understand it personally. I really enjoyed Skyrim. The Witcher is a whole different narrative, totally different characters, extremely story driven, with a very grey and gritty morally ambiguous notion of good / bad, right and wrong.

If people are uncertain about whether or not they should play the game simply because of the misplaced belief that itā€™s a Skyrim copy, then I can assure you that this is simply not the case. Try the game, and then be the judge. Personal preferences aside, you wonā€™t know if you like or appreciate a game without first experiencing it.

2 Likes

Thanks @Earl_Thorn I appreciate the comment! I came by that thinking due to the many many topics comparing both games, Itā€™s good to have detailed feedback from someone.

And as a fan of open world games Iā€™ve decided to buy Witcher III having played the first two that shouldā€™ve been reason enough!

1 Like

Donā€™t mention it mate :smile:

Assassins of Kings is one of my favourite RPGā€™s, certainly of the last decade. CDPR did an amazing job, and that really brought them into the spotlight. So having played and thoroughly enjoyed that, WIld Hunt was a no brainer for meā€¦ Iā€™m maybe 15 hours in atm and really enjoying it

2 Likes

Playing TW3 like a maniac right now :smiley:

1 Like

The Witcher: Wild Hunt
Digital Combat Simulator
Company of Heroes (Blitzkrieg Mod)

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Exanima
Hatred

I wanted to second Earl Thornā€™s comments. Witcher 3 is nothing like Skyrim. Iā€™m a big fan of TES and I hardly ever find myself comparing W3 to Skyrim. Both are really fun games in their own right.

1 Like

I took onboard Earl Thornā€™s comments & Iā€™m actually a few hours in with Witcher 3 and enjoying it loads without once finding any comparisons to Skyrim but thanks anyway :wink:

1 Like

Glad to hear mate! :smile:

I just went through my steam libraryā€™s ā€œlast playedā€ list - i guess iā€™ve got a serious medieval itch goingā€¦
M&B: Warband - modded
KC:D
Rogue Legacy
Medieval Engineers
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Planetside 2 - anyone else play?
War of the Roses

Edit: Forgot to include Warhammer 40K: Space Marine. And all this is just since mondayā€¦

Warband, 1257ad mod, PW mods.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

ArmA 3.

Half-Life2 with Update Mod (First time playing HL2)

Darklands (Year 1992, Dosbox!)
@YuusouAmazing thanks for the tip. I bought it on the GOG summersale.