When will the Alpha and Beta come out?

I was just wondering when the Alpha and Beta comes out. I heard we will be looking at something in six months?

1 Like

In about 6 months, we will release an early build of the game, with one smaller location (village and a part of the countryside) where you will be able to test core mechanics of the game. We will start with the basic mechanics (interaction with the world, inventory, map, NPC cycles) and we will constantly update this build with new features as we progress with the development (dialogues, bows, hunting, crafting, combat, horses). This is the access to Alpha version of the game and it will be available to all tiers from the Baron onwards.

According to the information on Kickstarter, it looks like the alpha arrive in about 6 months.
But for now, we have the forum :smiley:

1 Like

That is about right. Alfa will be released approx. 6 months from now and Beta few months before release. Most likely Q3 2015.

10 Likes

On which platforms will the Alpha and Beta be available?

Only for PC. It’s in FAQ :wink:

1 Like

Sounds good! I look forward to seeing how this will run on my modest rig, as well as test out the basic mechanics of this game… :wink:

Do you know what platform the alpha will be distributed from, such as Steam?

On the one hand I don’t think that so early access is available through Steam. On the other hand releasing working build of the game without protection is not so reasonable, since it’s only available not for all backers.

Steam would be nice for additional funding, but access to Alpha and Beta is just for some pledgers so … no Steam.

Beta could be on all platforms if those allow it :wink: (alpha only pc as I understand)

From the Kickstarter page:
*When the game is in Beta stage, we will release the full game beta as Early Access on PC *(or any other platform where it’s going to be possible) for all backers up from the Knight Tier.

1 Like

6 months is just too long, I don’t understand why. They say “…village and a part of the countryside) where you will be able to test core mechanics of the game…” but in first video it looks like they have done all of this.

I prefer the entirety of a game to be new to me when I play, so don’t really need to play the alpha. It is part of the tier I backed though. I’m thinking I’ll just give my alpha access to someone who would:

1. Play the alpha.
  2. Report on things about the alpha, bugs etc.

There shouldn’t be any problem in my doing that, should there?

Sure, but the main platform for alpha/beta is still PC.
Daniel Vavra said something about alpha/beta policy on consoles (because they have some special rules etc.) So we’ll see…

You should contact Warhorse via private message. Or you can give the alpha to your friend. But I really don’t how the autentization mechanics will work for access the alpha.

Yeah, I’ll do that around when the alpha is nearly done.

Hopefully it will be released on Steam.
Are you planning a Early Access like Rust or DayZ?

As I know, only backers will have access to alpha.

kickstarter say: Estimated delivery: Dec 2015. To this date must deliver produkt to backers.
My guess: alfa — 6 moth
beta— spring 2015
release — dec. 2015

Thanks for information

I’m not positive on this, but I believe it will be a standalone. Download from their website kind of thing.