Where to get weapons and armor

just wanted to ask where i could get weapons and armor and other gear

Assuming you mean in-game right? :smile:

Go to the arena north west of the starting village. Heading towards the smokeā€¦ just beyond the burnt out farmstead, is the encampment. Which is where youā€™ll find the practice arena, as well as an archery range.

Fight and win against the three different levels of opponent to receive rewards in the form of gear i.e. armour :smiley:

The bow and arrows can be either bought from the merchant in Samopesh, or stolen from a chest located near the archery range in the encampment. It is locked so youā€™ll need lockpicks to pry it open.

Once youā€™re geared up you can then go take out the Cumans, and loot their armour as well *assuming you kill them that is.

2 Likes

But you can always just get the bow and go shoot the cumans.
And loot them ofcourse.

1 Like

Here, try this. It has all the armor for the current Alpha:

http://kingdomcomedeliverance.gamepedia.com/Armor

yeah the merchant in samopesh doesnt sell a bow or arrows for me

Why would you bump this? Also, the ā€œmerchantā€ is the guy walking around Samopesh in armor. He eventually takes a seat, and when heā€™s sitting down, you can buy bows and arrows from him.

1 Like

oh, I was thinking it was the guy who is sitting beside his store and says welcome to my store, my bad.

You are talking about older version of alpha, i think.

The soldier does not sell bow anymore.

In 0.5 you follow him until he sits down on the tree stump. Then his dialogue option lets you buy from him.

ok thats a bug i guess. He used to sell you bow and arrows even on street. (@Hound )

There have been issues with the master archer since one of the 0.5 patches, He wonā€™t even speak to me until he heads back to his old range.

I thought this had been reported already.

soldier on the right combined with physx cloth? will be amazing sight to behold:

wait whats this? is this part of the game now?

Looks like a Skyrim mod to meā€¦ pretty sweet too

2 Likes

Left: Edward III, the Black Prince. Middle: Philip VI? Left: Germanic Knight of some sort?

First one Iā€™m 100% sure of, but the other two donā€™t seem all too familiar to me.

Iā€™d have to say that knight on the left is more than likely Edward (The Black Prince) and not his father Edward the III. The Princeā€™s coat of arms were those of the Kingdom, differenced only by the label of three points argent which can be seen across the top of the tabard. The blackened plate is the other dead give away too I suppose :smile:

Philip VI is probably the best candidate for our middle knight for sure, so completely agree there as well. Time period is about right, and the armorial bearing is that of the Kingdom of France (and the House of Valois)

The final oneā€™s a bit more tricky to put a name to or identify, but itā€™s most certainly Germanic. Iā€™m leaning towards a knight of the Holy Roman Empire. The double headed eagle is the heraldic symbol of the Empire, known as the Imperial Eagle. The red dividing Bend (the band or the strap running from the bearers right side down) across the eagle is whatā€™s throwing me though. So not sure who our mystery third knight isā€¦

anybody?

1 Like

Hang onā€¦ isnā€™t that image from the ā€˜Knights of the Garterā€™ mod for Skyrim?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57489/?

I hope in the full game then we can go to blacksmitsh and order weapons and armors, then have to wait some time then go back and pick up what they have made for us, and not just buy what he haves in stock. Make the blacksmiths more likeā€¦blacksmiths, like a skyrim mod. I know we are Henry and he is a blacksmith, or son off a blacksmith. So ofc we can make it out self, but sometimes it could be fun to just order from a blacksmith then he makes it for us while we are exploring the cityā€¦

Edward the Black Prince was a Knight of the Garter and his armor was black, ergo the nickname. So Iā€™d assume the mod is for that exact reason.

Whilst I agree that this is indeed the most commonly accepted rationalisation, itā€™s not the only one floating around. And truth be told, thereā€™s not a great deal of factual supporting evidence to definitively say one way or the other.

In fact, he was only known as the ā€˜Black Princeā€™ posthumously. During his lifetime he was Edward of Woodstock, Prince of Wales, and possibly Edward the IV; however we know that he died before the reign of his father Edward the III ended. Meaning he never did become King. (so Edward the IV would have been purely informal and conversational)

The other theories are focused around either his personality, particularly from a French perspective, given his pretence for chevauchĆ©eā€™s during the 100 year war. Which at the time was considered a method of warfare that didnā€™t conform with accepted chivalric ideals of the day.

And finally in reference to his badge (not his crest) which is three white ostrich feathers on a black field. Also known as Edwards ā€œshield for peaceā€ which was used only in peace time activities such as jousts and tournaments.

Anyways, enough from me. Just thought Iā€™d shareā€¦ :smile:

1 Like