Where to sleep?

Problem is that it takes so long because on the background a lot of things have to be comupted (mostly AI). NPCs have their cycles and the game has to compute what those NPCs will be doing when you wake up.
So it is not just a matter of shufflign with some numbers.

1 Like

I don’t believe it’s that hard to just do fast-forward in matter of fraction of seconds as there is very limited number of interactions within let’s say 10 minutes time span and I believe it’s possible to eliminate impossible interactions very fast (eg. all sleeping or static NPCs, NPCs further than 300m from moving ones etc.).
By the way sleeping in alpha and beta takes approximately same time despite beta has twice more villages and perhaps tens of cumans in woods.

Seriously. It starts getting annoying, cause it’s likely that only way to sleep in new beta is in cuman camps.
First night - slept in barn in talmberg when you can steal showel. Woke up with crime icon, was welcomed by little army in military camp, had to pay fine.
Second night - used barn close to village in Merhojed, left Merhojed without crime icon, just went there, slept, woke up, watched sunrise (went afk for few minutes to wait till daylight), ate rotten apples (almost cost me life), returned to village. Crime commited there.
Third night - take a nap in barn close to herbalist for 2 hours to cure poisoning, i think i stole few apples, returned to village, crime commited.

Had you borrowed armour in arena? That seems to trigger crime status every time for me…

Sleeping in most “rustic” beds hasn’t caused me any trouble, and napping on a 100% bench/bed for an hour or so to top up during the middle of the night or daylight is also non-problematic.

Getting caught in the only bed during a 12 hour ‘night’ (which is too long for midsummer) causes the problem (as does helping yourself to food and keeping it.)

I had no problems in alpha 0.5 or first beta, sleeping perhaps never triggered crime icon, being spotted entering building sometimes did. Only problem with alpha was that NPCs claimed their right to sleep in their beds, in first beta they were nice and went to sleep on some bench. This second beta seems to be closer to hardcore level.

Benches can be 100% - they make better beds than a “bed” in many cases.

There is a “free” bed in the barn about midway on the road between talmberg castle and the woodcutter’s camp. You can sleep there all the time you need.

I’m a by disappointed about the beds tbh. No peasant could seriously afford one in those years? Surely they could craft some kind of mattress with linen sheets stuffed with straws. the worse case surely has to be the herbalist north of woodcutter’s camp. Really, you sleep on some pine branches just like in the good old Stone Age?

You can actually sleep on any one of the beds at the soldier’s camp all night long with no problem. This is a good place to sleep near Merhojed.

One of the first things I do is go whack the three bandits at the bandit camp NW of Talmberg and take over their camp (as well as get some armor pieces and an ax as well). the three bandits there are manageable (they do not attack until attacked) if you walk up behind one and finish him quickly, before the other two can join in. This gives a good place to sleep near Talmberg.

Go check out viking beds, the simple ones only take 4-6 pieces of wooden board and some rope and it will make the bed, then topping off with layers of strews, pelt and fur to be use as bedding… I had sleep in one before, it was quite good even for modern day standard!

But dev seems like they are taking the “basic” approach, and put in “camping bed” in stand of real bed for everyone in the game… Ya, camping bed… You can find the very same bed in Bear Grylls’s camping books…

what else would be nice: that you can put up your own camp, store “tent” or so in the horse-bag

1 Like

I can’t stand this waiting for Henry to wake up, either make sleeping optional or speed it up please.

They are working on it, it’s part of optimizations WHS is currently working on.

2 Likes

You can sleep in the bath house in Talmberg. I go in the second building on the left. That’s a 100% bed.

If you can pick the lock on the Samopesh baliff’s house late at night without being seen, you can sleep in there. Just get up before dawn so nobody will see you coming out of the house. This is a 100% bed. If you decide to go on a crime spree, sleeping in the baliff’s house seems to insure you against a surprise wakeup - at least it worked for me.

There is an outdoor bed behind the barn north of the baliff’s house. However, the balif’s wife likes to sleep there until the keys are recovered. Across the path, there’s another bed where the baliff sleeps until he gets his keys back.

While wearing cuman armor - especially a full face helmet - I’ve spent the night in the cuman camp. But those are only 80% beds.

I’ve also slept in one of the tents in the bandit camp furthest from the main entrance. But not for a long time. I needed to heal so I stayed only long enough to get some health back.

You can sleep in the huts at the quarry camp.

You can sleep in the huts at the charcoal plant on the way to Pribvisalitz (or however it’s spelled).

If it’s day time, I’ve caught 20 winks in some of the Samopesh houses. But I won’t try to sleep for more than a couple of hours there.

Sneaking into the Talmberg shopkeepers bedroom after everyone is already asleep, and getting up at dawn works. Just don’t go in too early or get up too late or you’ll be paying a fine.

I sure wish it was possible to sleep during combat. Especially if I’d be sleeping in the soldier camp. Unless it’s the soldiers fighting me, that should be a safe place. However, that’s a no-go.

1 Like

this game is just unfinished. If you have to spent hours looking for a place to sleep, you know something is wrong. The player should have all sorts of options.
Say, sleeping in a tavern is best in terms of safety and quality rest. Then, sleeping in some abandoned shack would be less safe and less restful. You should even have the option to carry your own bed roll and sleep out in the open, or under a tree, and that would be the worst in terms of risk/reward. You fall asleep just to wake up hanging from a tree upside down, surrounded by bandits, but still rested. Or you wake up being mauled by wolves… It’s high risk, but the option should be there.
This game could’ve been so much better.

Are you aware that you are responding to two years old posts which were about actually unfinished game?

Two years later!
Did you use Lazarus potion on this thread?

1 Like

so? it applies.

The idea for resting “under tree” is fine and it will be nice if added to the game. Otherwise there are taverns and abandoned shacks…