Why arent you turning this game into a MMORPG?

4 Likes

Aha! Notice how you said mature. So, maybe it would be more appropriate to say it was in its infancy 20 years ago, and now it is more “matured”? :wink:

Regarding eye damage, even though the screen is close, you get the same illumination as if you were looking at a normal screen farther away (or even less) and the eye strain is not bad. A good high frequency IPS or OLED display is very good. If you find your eyes being strained, you should reset the device to factory standards and colour adjust it. I was feeling some eye strain on my 27 inch screen and it was the calibration going wonky (known problem for those screens apparently) resetting the panel and recalibration it got rid of the eye strain. Still regret getting that screen and will likely upgrade for a 4K IPS display soon.

Please, tone it down a bit in this thread and focus more on the topic. And no more memes in this topic. Thank you.

This is a war you cannot win… :laughing:

This thread may die. But memes will live on for eternity

4 Likes

I just want to have more reason in this thread. I don´t argue against memes in general. I like memes, but they don´t help to make this thread more reasonable.
Of course, this can be differentin other threads.

When I say mature I meant for general use, what’s the point of defining a tech when it can only be used in industry? That’s just word cherry picking. But yea I suppose I should have been more clear, but I didn’t think people would be word cherry pick.

Any more memes sir?

Right now I have one really cool for this situation, but… sigh

He cant get us both, go for it.

Seriously? You are seriously asking this?
Industry drives a lot of innovation. Industry funded tech will invariably make its way into our pockets and that is good. If a certain tech makes it in industry it will lower its costs and keep it funded for the general public.

1 Like

No, I was asking it in a very casual, no serious way.

Of course, how else are they going to make a living if your local Joe has the same tech used by a multi-billion dollar company?

No necessarily, that’s why R&D in industry is more unstable compare to other branches [in terms of job security]. For one idea that make its way to the market, 100s, even 1000s of ideas fail. Not all tech go in the simple fashion of industry use then to average Joe use.

You can have technologies that have mass industry appeal but little average household appeal, and vice versa. So in terms of average Joes like us, there is little point in talking about the “age” of a tech by looking at when it originated in the industry - since, while true, it’s also rather pointless, since many tech used by the industry never make their way into the average household use.

I actually had to look back at the topic of the thread to remind myself what the topic was because we got so far off topic.

If it were an MMORPG, I wouldn’t have pre-ordered, nor be playing the game and would want a refund.
If you want a similar game, wait for “Of Kings and Men”, that is, if they are still planning on completing the game?

2 Likes

still planning on completing the game?

Ha. HA. HAHAHAHA. OH SWEET FUCK THAT’S GOLD.

No. It’s dead. The Epic isn’t even out and that was promised years ago. I mean sure, the new team is trying where Donkey Crew failed, but it’s way too late

1 Like

Please no, I’ve played MMOs and they suck compaired to a single player RPG. All they are is empty grind fest and very little immerson, other characters running around with the same gear as you quickly kills your protaganist feel too. And MMO combat is horrible, just repress the same sequence of buttons, micromanaging hotbars, guages, and other bs more than looking at the actual action of the combat. FFXIV was horrible.

3 Likes

because you will get the the same problems with unfair players like in any other MMO!
Killing an low level player who is not dangerous to a high level player. No EXP, no skill points, no money for it! Greetings from, let’s say World of Warcraft^^
And to rule out a counter-argument, if the system is not like WoW, most end users will not play it. Every other MMO on that planet hasnt lived so long to get a higher score as this… game. ^^ Unfortunately :-/

1 Like

I agree MMorpg are grin fest that get soooooo boring single player games are the best.

2 Likes

… Wasn’t the original plan to create an mmorpg version? Wasn’t that the kickstarter vision?

No, never.