Why is the Protagonist so ugly?

As the topic says. I’m curious as to whether or not the current look of the protagonist will be the final look? Cause he does not have the makings of a strong protagonist. He doesn’t need to look buff or anything, but he needs the eyes, the facial structure and the hair of someone with a goal, not someone who just got out of bed and forgot to shave.

Well that’s only if the game wants to attract the average gamer and not only the hardcore market.

1 Like

Well first of he is not a model but a son of the blacksmith and second of all the game is set during medieval period. Oh and also this is not a Japanese game where character will have huge knockers or be super stylish with blue and yellow hair :open_mouth: Its not a hardcore game with the way Henry looks, he looks like a normal person, because its a realistic game? Is this a troll thread or are you serious?
‘‘Hair of someone with a goal’’

Is this what you have in mind?

21 Likes

ô_o
Look at the Protagonists people tend to create with e.g. the char creators from skyrim etc
in most cases…that´s much wose than Henry XD and i don´t think that skyrim is part of the ‘Hardcore Market’

Here’s the thing:

1. It’s medieval. EVERYONE was ugly if they weren’t nobility, and even then some of them were ghastly.

2. He’s a peasant. The son of a blacksmith. Both of those do not carry ‘‘attractive’’ traits other than being strong as a bloody bull.

3. It’s Alpha right now. They’ll refine every face better, but his (Henry’s) face is his face.

4. If you really want to get into it, he’s too attractive.

So he has more hero qualities then any other character.

Yes, cause everyone has a personal barber/straight razor lounging about.

What hardcore market are you referring to?

1 Like

Mainly because he might be still a placeholder! And the animations are far away from beeing finished! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

14 Likes

Whaaaaaat? I thought Henry would look exactly like this in the final game :frowning:
(Srsly, i think that would be funny XD everyone looks good polished with amazing animations…except for the main character :smiley: )

3 Likes

I thought so too, right?

It is hilarious how accurate that all is :smile:

2 Likes

Wait, wait, don’t continue this just yet! I’m making popcorn. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Okay, okay… now, set sail to serious seas!

I fully agree with OP. The protagonist has to project an ambition, strength, signs of battle experience! Therefore, I propose this fine gentleman as our protagonist. He isn’t buff or anything - and didn’t forget to shave!

1 Like

me too xD even in the concept art he seems like in the alpha version

In hindsight, the shaving was maybe a bit too …intense.

No way… Please do not change the protagonist. He isn’t ugly at all. He’s our humble blacksmith apprentice. We don’t want a freakin male fashion model like Commander Shepard (true story, look it up). Henry is just an average guy who lost everything. From the first demo video you can tell he has a good heart. He is the perfect image of hope in a land torn by greed. He represents the everyday man who is struggling to survive and make his way in this dark world. I mean… he’s not a terrible looking guy. He’s just average. The way it should be.

14 Likes

Yeah the surroundings will be an ultra realistic living medieval world and the main character… jumping Super Mario. :smiley:

Followed by a big anouncement that Warhorse has finaly found a publisher… Nintendo. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

NICE!
Why aren´t we funding this??? :smiley:

He does seem to approve some of the… features… of the game.

4 Likes

I know this sounds like a troll post. But I aggree. The protagonist looks drab, uninteresting. And it lacks any interesting features. The argument that he is a normal person doesn’t work .Since this is still an entertainment medium. And protagonist that doesn’t look like a generic Joe is vital in my humble opinion. He doesn’t has to be beutifull great looking guy. Just some interesting features.

Personally in today’s overly sexualized, overly focused attention to beautification a normal guy is an interesting feature.

He is supposed to be an average Joe a commoner that any one of us could have been if we were alive during this era.

We aren’t the “chosen one” we do not rise to glory and change the history books.

5 Likes

Yeah, I totaly agree. The protagonist is really uninteresting and lacks any charisma. I think he definitely could use some improvements.