Why marketing will be uber-important at release

Yes and that is the exact context it was a response too.

People for along time have been asking for specific reviewers to be given a copy of the game (that includes angry joe).

If you click the arrow (facing right) on the quote it will take you to the original thread it was posted to.

The original thread refers to a giveaway, not to reviewer-codes post-release. All games send review codes to professional reviewers because they’re professional. It’s their JOB, they review games and tell the consumer whether it’s good or not good. If we forced reviewers to buy the games they review, nobody would be a reviewer (because revenue would be precisely 0).

1 Like

Yes, the thread refers to a giveaway, but not the answer on the question. I wanted to see a game review from Skallagrim, a guy who refers to sword combat and sword combat in games and movies.
I voted for him to get this giveaway, but I wanted to know, if warhorse can spend him one version if the threadstarter don´t give him the copy. Because it would be a nice advertising to the game. And this was the answer.
(Now I know Skallagrim know about this game, and he will make a review when it is finished). But this is not a question of Skallagrim, its a question of PR.
I am with you, I think it would be a good idea to give away some free alpha codes to big youtubers, maybe even without any kind of condition. If they want to play this on they private sunday, they could…

…but Warhorse seems to think different about this matter. As you I don´t share their opinion here, but its their game. They are not stupid. Maybe they want to it at a later date, more near to the final release… who knows?

That’s what I’m saying. When the game is released give reviewers access codes so they can review it and people buy it.

Although…I know for a fact Angry Joe already backed it on kickstarter, most likely as baron, so he’s going to have a copy anyway.

1 Like

They get thousend of different codes daily. If they really want to play it… they will! :slight_smile:

It’s not about playing. It’s about reviewing. If they don’t get codes, they won’t review it.
’‘we have not received code, my understanding is nobody has, launch day at a minimum for that’’
-Totalbiscuit
If the devs don’t send review codes to interested reviewers, the game gets minimal attention.

Mindset here IMO is that if reviewer is interested he will buy the game, if he does not buy the game and waits for free code, he is not interested.
Therefore Warhorse is probably not interested in being reviewed by uninterested reviewer?

Now I will throw in more words: interesting and review
Interested reviewer reviewed review of intresting review interestingly reviewed by reviewer of interesting view.

4 Likes

Reviewers are not tycoons, they don’t have enough money to buy EVERY single game they’re interested in. That’s why review codes exist.

1 Like

that is a good point

2 Likes

There’s that AND it seems very suspicious for the game devs not to send out review codes, because usually it’s the bad games that don’t do that for fear of being panned. Even if it’s a good game, the critics will find it incredibly suspicious that no review copies were handed out. Totalbiscuit made some really good points on this.

It would be better to give away those codes at release. Because I can´t imagine AngryJoe, TB etc. are going to make one review for every update coming from now on. It´s more liely they´ll make one normal review as soon the game is released as they usually do it.

At least I don´t see a point in reviewing an Alpha, especially considering many people out there are too stupid to understand the difference between an Alpha and the final product. You can see that in the comment sections of any BETA/ALPHA- Trailer from any game when people are whining about bad graphics, animations etc., unable to understand the game is unfinished.

That’s what I said!!!

everybody that is into medieval stuff, who likes historically acurate stuff will be sold instantly by this!

And if they don’t hear about it?

Brilliantly summarized mate! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve reported KCD to more than 50 poeple, around 30 of them like it
and everytime they visit me, they ask: “Is there something new in KCD?”,
“What’s going on with KCD?”, "I want play that on my pc too!"
and many many more…
And i will start a release party for it at my home!
As i done it with Black Mesa Source or in twelf days with Fallout 4,
twentyfive people are are invited :wink:
(With many merchandise decorations, especially the PipBoy Edition!)

your back! long time no post. lol try summarize right short story.

1 Like

LOL, yeah life happens, unfortunately. In fact, life happens so much that I haven’t even gotten to try the swordfighting for myself in the Alpha yet. Sad days for this gamer, for sure. :frowning:

Good to see familiar faces here though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you miss me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 Like

Aww shucks… you know I did buddy! :slight_smile: :wink: LOL

1 Like