Will Co-OP happen?

I think the game looks amazing, but for me, the days of a great single player game is WAY over, you have to atleast be able to share the experience with friends in co-op mode.

Making it right would never even touch the single player experience, so it really is a question about will.

Will this happen? (Asking the team).

You should read a little… Or search at least… There are dozens of discussions about this… And always the answer is: NO

So I must live in the past… Every day I see more and more fabulous single player games. Like… (Oh… What a coincidence!) this very one…

3 Likes

As for now: nope.

Because there is no real good singleplayer experience anymore that you can enjoy all alone Warhorse Studios have decided to create such an experience in the first place. A co-op should be meaningful, just like the singeplayer experience.

Best examples for bad singeplayer is a FPS or shooter in general with AI controlled team mates, which can be replaced by real players. You would rather choose real players than AI because AI is sometimes really really dumb. That means the creators of those games never intended to create a real singeplayer experience. They just created the experience so that players have at least a chance to play alone, but the original intention was a co-op experience. Counterstrike and Payday come to my mind.

1 Like

why? what makes that more enjoyable than a single player experience? why do you need to share everything?

instagram culture. and i see you have a selfie as your av. explains everything really.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

you don’t have to use social media for that to apply. i said “culture”. and you still haven’t answered my question. and instead resorted to petty name calling already. good job.

still no explanation given.

I did indeed answer you, and “pretty name calling”, are you twelve? you get butthurt over being called an idiot? holy shit xD

where did i get butthurt? i simply pointed out your inability to sound like an adult. how old are you? maybe that could explain things.

explain how “single player” is more enjoyable with a friend. maybe you can’t.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

basically you admit my simple question as too hard for you to answer. gotcha. go take more photos of yourself in the bathroom mirror.

You really came into this with a pathetic attitude. I pity you and your last comment.

You are 21… a model, a gamer, study economy at university I assume, live with a girl, call all others little man with such a belittling way. I really do pity you, you have such an aggressive and antagonized way of saying things, and that’s coming from a sixteen year old. Grow up and stop pissing off part of the community.

Ok, here is the thing… I learnt (a long time ago) that the first rule in any forum is, if you are a new user, to read before post a question… Maybe that question had been asked (and answered) before… That way you don’t waste other people’s time (and patiente).

I seriously doubt that… The answer to your question and any argument you are throwing was discussed in many threads… And the answer is the one I told you: No. It’s and will be a SP game… If you want a co-op game, look elsewhere, not here…

You don’t care? So you spent some money in something you don’t have the sightest idea what is and simply ask for it to be like you want?
And the devs only have to throw away months of work because you ask for it… Good one!

Yeaah… Can we guys focus on the actual topic of this post?.. Coop?.. No?.. Ok… Keep going.

Now seriousley. A game can be ejoyend with or without coop. IMO nowadays there is just a few good coop games… Of course there is a lot A LOT of multiplayer, CoD or Battlefield, heck even games that doesn’t need to have multiplayer! Like Tomb Raider!.. But this game would be awesome if they know how to do the coop story… Maybe a Free Roam?..

The Elder Scrolls would be awesome. In fact. There is a mod with multiplayer for Skyrim and Oblivion. The short time I played with my friend oblivion was AMAZING… And that shit was unfinished. NO ANIMATIONS FFS! Just free roam, exploring dungeons and killing everyone!.. Now the “coop” is just a basic campaign or extra pointless misions…

I hope there will be Coop. At least 2 players. Sorry for my bad english.

Don’t worry about 213 he always gets his jimmies rustled over the tiniest things. It’s that time of month every month of the year for him.

nope, i just believe if someone responds like a child who poops in his pants when he doesn’t get what he wants, we shouldn’t reinforce his behavior by rewarding him.

1 Like

I really hate co-op. The whole point of the game is to have a realistic, immersive story-driven experience. Co-op breaks all immersion, constantly reminding you that you’re just playing a game.

There are games where co-op works well. This isn’t one of them.

2 Likes

For someone who doesn’t even seem to have kicked in toward the game (I see no badge), I don’t think 0mniac deserves a very long leash after coming in here acting so obnoxiously.

As for co-op, I see no need for it and no need to rehash the whole debate again, and it’s absolutely silly to pretend that there are no worthy first-person games out there and a game can only be good when playing with others alongside.

4 Likes

I get the appeal of co-operative environments, especially when it is essentially a persistent Universe you can help affect. For this game though, I don’t think we need it. In fact Co-Op would redefine the way a lot of systems need to work. For example, crafting would need to be boiled down to something fast and accessible to the masses, just to keep things moving for people “getting ready to group for a fight”. Life systems would also probably need to be dumbed down or much smarter as more and more people can have an affect on the game. They would either need to dumb it down or make two defined rulesets, one for immersive single and one for fun Co-Op

1 Like