Will helmet limit vision?

Yes, that’s where the self control comes in. Don’t use it. Problem solved… For me. I think the difference between our opinions on this is that I play a character, and you think immersion is that you are the character. For me, fast travel isn’t magic, it just means that the character made the journey, and I didn’t have to wade through the forest of invisible walls. The invisible walls being another immersion breaker for me.

To MY understanding if you do something it should be perfect. By leting someone adjusting it you are saying that the feature/game is not perfect.

That is different issue. It is not issue of design but of taste. In that case , in my opinion, it is up to designer whether he decides to make something optional feature. This decision is then based on whether the feature is esential for the game or wheter it is not.
In this case, whether reduced vision is part of the combat system when you trade better defense for less vision.

I think that it would be an interesting mchanics. If you dont like having reduced vision but still want better cover for your head, then you are out of luck, you either cope with it or use another helmet. (realism at its best)

But as I said, this is just my personal opinion. And I have little impact on the game.

1 Like

You basically end up saying it in your post, but yeah, this is about taste, not really a matter of it being perfect or not. I don’t think fast travel is crucial for this game, some people do, the game will still work regardless of which is chosen.

I’m happy you agree about helmets/vision:)

Speaking of helmets and options, I was thinking that during the cutscenes it would be nice if we had the option to either hide the helm, very common in many games, or at least raise the visor. Currently if you’re wearing the klappvisor, that’s all you can see in the cutscenes of Henry’s face. He doesn’t even lift up the visor to throw up, or wipe away the vomit.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/x0eDwgypcJY/default.jpg?v=56f2209b

1 Like

You sound like you are the one who decides what to have in Deliverance and it is final…

Listen now, I like the feature of obscured vision. I back it up with both hands. As other people said, you trade better protection for limited awareness. Just as in real life. And if you don’t like it, then don’t wear a helmet in-game.

The nonsense you are proposing (to wear a hat in real life) is pure trolling, I won’t say more to keep the good tone.
And seeing that you aren’t even a backer to the game doesn’t make things better.

On the other hand, this suggestion is really good! As you can see, a helpful and thought idea can benefit the game.

1 Like