Will there be any English/crusader Great helms?

I was wondering if you will have Great helmets In the game? This is one of my favorite knight helmets and I would love to see if it was in your game! Take care and thank you for reading my topic. English great helm Shown here: https://www.google.com/search?q=English+great+helm&biw=1600&bih=802&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=eXpoVOelFMGgyASI_4L4Dw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=great+helm&imgdii=_

It’s kinda sad to say, but I have one of these helmets in my house :blush:

3 Likes

I dont think so, the game is set in Eastern Europe, Poland/Czech republic? (Someone correct me if im wrong), I dont believe Poland was a Crusading country during medieval times, in fact they fought against Teutonic Knights in 1410. Kingdom of Poland was one of the countries that actually had a lot of religions in its country, from Tatars, Muslims to Jews and Catholics living in peace. Maybe if they introduce some sort of Loot option to the game you might be able to scavenge one from a Knight if you manage to kill him. It would be cool to see it, and other ‘‘iconic’’ middle ages helmets, like the Scandinavian ones.

The great helm was of an earlier age which was replaced by the bascinet helm as main combat helm for nobility and other men-at-arms. You might still see it in tournaments but it’s battlefield usage stopped. However some people continued to wear it long after the bascinet became the more popular helmet.

2 Likes

Maybe you can find some of those lost in old battle grounds or with any battle scavengers, i dont know, there’s many possibilities

you still wouldn’t wear it, because it’d be like wearing an antique when you’d want maximum protection. most likely you’d sell it or melt it down and turn it into something else.

It being an old fashion would also hurt your social status. wearing anything out of style back in those had a major impact on your social standing.

Everything you want to know about helmets in our game and were afraid to ask!

5 Likes

Yes it is true but still you would definitely be able to find such armors and helms I mean even if they’re antique they are still useful. And also it doesn’t matter if its a helm of a different country Because it could’ve been sold by a traveling merchant or lost in a great crusade or battle and could (and should) be in the game as rare items