Will there be Festivals?

Title says it guys !!

I dont know what you understand exactly by festivals but I would like the Idea to have some dates where the npcs come together and celebrate if its the enthronement of a new king or a big knights tournament, would also be great if people come together on the marketplace for festivities with impostors, singing bards and wandering salesmen and you can dive into this.
I Imagine this could be great

1 Like

Yeah, or like the pretigious weddings such as a knight wedding etc… It should be a quite exciting and populated festival, people walking down the road from a village to a town holding latterns singing and playing musical instruments. Greattt stuffff

I’m sure that in game will be something like festivals,I was reading some books,and everywhere says about festivals where people selling and buying stuff.

Is it also a common thing in times of civil war? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it should be lol, it wouldve been quite fun seeing everyone from the village walking to town drinking getting smahed lool, the pretigous people will party in town hall and the peasants in the tavern

Lords’ wedding or some other NPC gatherings is a good idea indeed. Also the Rattay town fair on some day in a week would be a good idea. Czech has a nice word, jarmark, for it and yes, trade was going on even in times of a civil war. Holding a fair was a town right given from the king/lord as much as brewing an own beer or having an own executioner…

Some lords used every occasion to host a feast and drink a lot but the lower classes also did this a lot. Gotta take into account that the catholic church has a lot more holidays then we now celebrate or get a free day from work for. In a smaller village the whole village might take a day off to celebrate a wedding. New lamb born? Time to tap the cask and drink till twelve.

Reading some things regarding medieval holidays and festivals. They amount to at least one per month so 12 per years with Christmas itself being a twelve day long celebration (talk about a party).

BTW derived from German jahr(year)+markt(market)

2 Likes

As a german, I can confirm that :wink: