Will there be titles?

This is just basically a general question. Will there be titles in the game!?!? Will the titles effect the game play and story? Lastly what sort of ways can we earn said titles.

It’s mentioned that you can become a knight, though I’m not sure if this actually means you have the title and rank of ‘knight’ or if the devs are just using it as a general term for a warrior. Realistically, it’s probably not possible for a blacksmith to rise any higher.

yep, you will receive the coveted title of levy. enjoy your new found connections and free gambeson armor.

Being a knight is a title and military rank. So I guess it applies.

Personally I think titles would add more to the RPG element of the game, the NPCs could also have titles so you have an idea of whom you are talking, his social status, importance and possibly world views e.g if it is a bishop he might put ethics, morals and religion high on his list.

Of cause, if you get yourself to the rank of baron I guess you may choose to lead your own troops into battle which would be your part of the army but maybe you are overruled by a higher ranking commander and you choose to fight in the field.

Also I don’t think the player is going to be an ordinary title holder, also members of the aristocracy and nobility usually learned how to fight in battle, military tactics and leadership.

On top of a pony with a long pointy stick, running down runaway stragglers after the battle is over.

They were usually trained by tutors selected by the family head and they probably started the training when they still were young. But you are right in that most of them never were in a real battle but in important battles it would usually be the nobles who commanded there.

I agree that from a realistic stand point most titles above ‘Knight’ would not get directly involved in the events that the in-game character will be part of…