Will we be be fighting Teutonic Knights?

I said that the attack on the Byzantine empire was the reason behind the crusades. I then posted the map to show Islam had been a threat for a long time, and were more aggressive than the crusaders were.

Lol if you have no interest in this topic then why start an argument over it?

In the context of comparing western critisism of the westen churches and right wing critisim of there mortal enemy. I never intended to point finger at any particular caritacurist, if that was unclear.

Im sorry if quoting scripture is a particulary big deal to you. I don’t understand that. I just though it was funny fighting fire with fire.

And I was only appologizing for my selfe because I felt the need. I would appritiate if don’t call me buddy. I hope you don’t feel censored because of that.

1 Like

Sure as hell didn’t seem like that.

Uh it’s not i don’t give a shit. I was talking about how you posted a Scripture that means don’t judge right after i said Muslims don’t have the right to kill people over cartoons.

?

Okay buddy :stuck_out_tongue:

Islam is the religion of peace !!!
Unless you disagree with it of course

3 Likes

Oh my freaking God, are you serious? The one you made this a “holy war” was you! And now you are trying to paint us as the instigators? That explains a lot about you, really.

For Pete’s sake! Yes it would be a reaction! Why? Because all those hundreds of years of conquest, piracy, and enslaving shaped what Europe was, and the Europeans reacted to their conditions. So yes, the Crusades were a reaction to saracen incursions, even the ones that happened 200 years before, buddy.

1 Like

Keep to the topic guys or create another one.
We dont want this to turn into another Troll cave, do we?

Also I would advise you to keep from hateful speaches against beliefs of others, however “peaceful” they sound to you.
Simply try to keep the forum civil.

2 Likes

If more threads were like the troll cave this world would be a better place :wink:

2 Likes

Free speech . No one is calling for any harm to anyone (inciting violence ) so I believe all comments have remained in the brackets of free speech

I think it is a time for you to read up on history a little bit more. And when you are done you can come and lay flowers at the Prague’s Old Town’s Square to the memory of the 27 Lords who were executed for advocating religious freedom.

Have you heard about the so-called fucking politically correct word “forced labor” under Nazis? Because I can tell you that my great-grand father was enslaved by Germans during the WW2. So were millions of other people.

Could you be more precise? Deal of what for what?

After re-reading your post I gotta answer your real question. Which basicaly states: “Will we be fighting Teutonic Knights?”

You are right that Czech lands had no quarrel with Teutonic Knights.
Also Teutonic knights were not part of the Holy Roman Empire and this game is about inside quarrel.

After bit of light researched my bet is that we wont meet Teutonic knights, they were put in the trailer probably because of some technical/time reason.
But who knows, maybe there will be a surprise.

1 Like

One of the reasons may possibly be that the original plan was to have a huge game spanning quite a large area and time all the way to the Hussite wars.

Considering that Jan Žižka got quite a reputation for killing the Teutonic Knights at Grunwald, I can see why this might have been considered as an opening theme for that very man.

That has all been laid to rest as WH didn’t get any big publishing house’s backing and were forced to cut the game into 3 acts with Bakala providing funds only for the 1st one.

1 Like

You are really bad at reading whole comments, you seem to just read small parts of them and comment on that. I said “there was that whole Nazi thing… and that is about it, actually.”, which means ASIDES FROM THE NAZIS they weren’t so bad in history, and I also said “They weren’t slave mongers during colonial times,” which means that DURING COLONIAL TIMES they weren’t slave mongers.

Oh, but since we are apparently playing the historical oppression olympics, I’m Ashkenazi-Irish. Don’t talk to me about how bad the Nazis were, my family from my father’s side fled Europe because of the Nazis.

P.S. I put as much credence to your opinions about Germans as I give credence to a Frenchman’s opinions about the English, which is to say none at all.

1 Like

Try to calm down in this tread. This is neither a thread about nazis nor a thread about islamic expansion. More teutonic knights please. :smiley:

I don´t know if we will fight teutonic knights in the game. But I doubt we will see them in Act I anyway.
Maybe we will see them later. But not because of evil german enemies, but because of the history of the game. Maybe Jan Žižka will be an important person in this game, because he is an important person in czech history. And if the game want to tell something about his story, we will see teutonic knights later, because Žižka fight with his Lord Johann Sokol of Lamberg against the teutonic knights.
After King Wencelaus IV of bohemia get free, he give castle of Skalice to Johann Sokol of Lamberg, and character of player is from Skalice. So Johann Sokol of Lamberg would not only be Žižkas lord, but also ours. So maybe we will fight side by side with Žižka. The question is: How far will this game get? What year will we reach at the end?

Nah, my dear, I read it all. I read the part as regards colonial times. But as others rightly said, that was only because Germany failed at colonialism, and the fact they wanted to changed it was one of the main reasons of WW1. Once Germans had the chance, which came during WW2, they did enslave occupied nations.

It would be pretty disappointing if he wouldn’t, considering that @Warhorse is taking pictures all the time under his statue.

2 Likes

I know, but even if there are so many clues leading at Žižka, its still not confirmed. We will see… :smiley:

It would be like watching striptease only to find out at the end that the girl’s got a penis. I am sure that @hellboy would not do that to us, would he?

2 Likes

You are clearly just prejudiced against Germans. I love how you make it sound like the Germans were just waiting, for hundreds of years, for their chance to finally be the pure evil spawns of hell they secretly were the whole time. Pretty weird then, that Preußen was one of the first to abolish slavery, and the other German states quickly followed.

Every culture has at least one stain on their history, the Nazi Party is Germany’s, you cannot judge a culture that has existed for millennia on just one 25-year period.

I’m not judging anyone or anything. You said that Germany didn’t make colonial empire that would profit from slavery, like if Germans were some kind of better people. You just omitted the fact that Germany simply didn’t have a colonial empire. And the fact that once Germany did in fact attempt to build an empire, slavery was abound - just three generations ago.

Well there has been two failed attempts to get this topic back on track.

if you would like to contine your debate on islamic state, Nazi’s, or any other of the of topic disscussion this thread has become I suggest making a new off topic thread to facilitate that conversation or take it up in the cave.