Witcher 3 PC downgrade

So what do you think about CD projekt red showing us false footage and screen shots of the Witcher 3? Im sure the people who bought new GPUs just for this game aren’t too pleased right now.
Sounds pretty much like what happened with Watch dogs. The devs said themselves they down graded due to the “next gen” consoles not being able to handle them. Instead of making a separate version for PC they decided to gimp pc because console couldn’t handle it.

Does anyone else tire of this?

1 Like

Yeah i’ve been playing it this afternoon and have some dissapointment in the graphics but It stil ldoes look pretty but not jaw droppin :frowning:

1 Like

I know graphics don’t make a game but i find it quite angering that they completely lied about the graphics and gimped the PC people. I mean some people bought 500 dollar GPUs just for this game. The least they could have done was be honest.

Bunch of scum bags.

Brings back memories of this

Almost every game developer makes his game look better than it actually is. If someone cannot learn the lesson and wait for when the game is released, then it is his own fault when he is pissed later.

I imagine that making and selling the game can be a lot of preassure.

Calling someone bunch of skumbags on behalf of people who in expectation bought more than they needed is quite shortsighted.

Although, I get the hype, I would only blame myself for being so little provident.

So if someone advertises this

But then you get this

Would you not consider that false advertisement?

I’m shocked that people are okay with this kind of deception. It is allowed to continue because people say “well you should have expected them to lie and show you something that looks different from the real game”.

They gimped the PC version so the consoles could handle it instead of developing separately for console and PC. Why? Money probably. In all the adds i keep seeing the Xbox logo so its pretty clear they’re a bunch of sell outs similar to what happened with watch dogs.

Lets also throw in that the vast majority of their sales were on PC.

They bought cards to be able to run this game on ultra. But since the game looks far worse than the gameplay did in 2013 they wasted their money. CD projekt could have been honest to their loyal customers and actually shown us what the game will look like.

Right don’t blame the company for lying and false advertisement its the consumers fault. Right.

This just goes to show you can’t trust anyone. Many people held the Witcher devs in high regard but i bet that reputation will soon diminish and for good reason. Like usual the PC people get shafted.

@stalli111 you’ve obviously purchased the game. Do you feel like you’ve been lied too?

A little but I expected the downgrade. I’ve been covering the game in videos since the year started so ive been keeping track on everything.

Its still a good game but ive experienced some bugs which are hilarious but also pretty bad for a “10/10 game” (supposedly)

1 Like

You misunderstood me.

You were ranting about people wasting money on GPUs.
Yea in ideal world you can do that without fear of wasting your money.
But this is real world and people had a lots of oportunities to learn how it is.

I am not saying that devs are not at fault for delivering something worse thant they advertised (thats obvious).
What I am saying is that blaming them for wasted money on new GPUs for game that was not yet released is stupid.

Whether or not I would be pissed at them for final product is irelevant.

1 Like

But don’t you agree we shouldn’t have to expect a down grade. This was surprising for me because CD project is regarded very highly in the pc community as devs that are honest and care. A reputation they will probably lose now and they have only themselves to blame.

Interesting i haven’t been able to read up on bugs yet but that makes this entire situation even worse. That is completely unacceptable if its that buggy.

Valid point how ever they were hyping their game up as a game that very few people will be able to run on ultra. So people went out a bought better GPUs to run it on ultra. And then they find out it really doesn’t look any better on ultra then on medium.

Ye kinda reminds me of Watch dogs.
Though hype there was little bit higher.

2 Likes

Is this information confirmed? I heard about this rumors, but I am not sure, if they are true.

If it´s true, I will wait till they bring a enhanced (box) version for twenty bucks.
It seems to be (always)a bad idea, to be an early adaptor (customer).

But moment,… by KCD I am really early… :smile:

…I had a lot of fun with KCD,… discussions with nice people,…

maybe KCD is the better Witcher3??? :wink:

The W3 was hyped too much. Let´s cool down, and look if it´s really an outstanding AAA-title!

When the buyers say, thumbs up :+1:,than it´s okay for me!

Let´s wait and see!

The question is, do the people need this brand new GPU, to play the game on max.?
If they need it anyway for max., it makes no difference if the devs had “downgraded” the grafic…
If the original graphic was to demanding for a 500 bucks GPU, the people had buyed too early a new GPU.(Or spent not enough money) :flushed:

I think the devs have never confirmed how many frames you will get,…or have they?
It dosn´t help if it looks amazing, but you have only a slideshow.
And there will be mods to bring the graphic to a new level…

Graphic is never a problem for a good game! If it´s good… :wink:

I just find it all very disappointing. We have so few developers left that we can trust to not pull crap like this , and it seems like another one has gone to the dark side. :angry:

1 Like

Ive read from at least 10 different sources. Plus @stalli111 was able to confirm the down grade.

According to Game spot to run the Witcher 3 at 1080p and 60 fps at ultra you have to have a Nvida 980 graphics card. Thats defiantly not a cheap card.

The consoles are running it at medium to low. The ps4 at 1080p 30 fps. The Xbox at 900p and 30 fps.

Thats correct but when devs hype up the graphics and lie about them thats false advertising in my book.

come on surly we all realise by now that any trailer that comes out is edited to shit to make it look better . yet people still act surprised when the actual game doesnt look as good

[quote=“SirWarriant, post:12, topic:23133”]
Thats correct but when devs hype up the graphics and lie about them thats false advertising in my book.
[/quote] how so if they have said the graphics have been downgraded

How does that make okay? Plus CD project had a really good reputation and indie devs who cared and weren’t dirt bags like the rest. But it seems that’s changed now.

Look up false advertising this fits in perfectly.

They didn’t say till AFTER it came out. So they were lying about the graphics being better pretty much till the day it came out. they even gave out the pc review copies as late as possible. thats shitty and you know it.

They showed us gameplay for 3 fucking years that turns out to look far better than the actual game. Why are you people okay with this?!!

1 Like

It wasn’t just a trailer either. they had been show casing gameplay for it for a while now. Entire sections of the game were shown that look way better than the real version.

2 Likes

I held my money, for just this reason.
I’ve had a handsome video card for a while now, with no anticipation of W3.
I 'll wait a bit before dropping my dime(s).

some areas downgraded, some areas upgraded. it looks artistically similar to me, if not somewhat better. i really don’t give a crap if one piece of model originally had 5k polygons and now it has 4.5k.

1 Like

http://www.gamezone.com/originals/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-betrayed-by-ambition-jtq9

Its quite a big down grade.

1 Like

oh yea… now that I see the difference I must say I am quite sad and dissapointed.

2 Likes