Beta patch release notes

BETA PATCH 0.1 (Version 8.1 77826 1766 master)

Gameplay fixes:

Occasional unrecoverable black screen prior arena fight

Some NPCs were not able to start a dialogue with player

Various items looked like giant red balls when dropped to the ground

Sometimes the bandits at Reeky’s cave decided not to fight and went to pub instead

Items stored on player’s horse appeared as stolen

Technology:

Total Illumination performance tweaks and fixes

Loading saved game is more stable now;
please note that this is still an experimental feature and it’s not fully working on all occasions; old save files are not compatible with the new system

Some crashes shouldn’t occur any more

Zooming on the map works better now

5 Likes

Awesome! I always wondered why 2 out of the 3 guys by the cave would run away. Looks like they needed a drink before they fight! Lol

1 Like

My kind of bandits

2 Likes

this is so awesome :slight_smile:

yup, happened to me. He even didnt finish his line and started running away. I was like "dude, whisky-tango-foxtrot, srsly?"
Btw how many bandits is supposed to be there? Always had only one of them…

Three as far as I know.

Ah so this is first thinh ill check tomorrow i guess. Ty

My launcher does not update the game… what can i do?

This Patch notes are from the Patch from 16th of March, we simply thought it would be a good idea to add them here in the forums too. Are you sure the game is not updated? Because the update was not recently. :slight_smile:

sorry. I thought it was a fix patch. It’s ok thank you :slight_smile:

What version of beta do we have actual?
The release version was beta 0.1 or beta 1.0…?
After the patch(16 march), have we version beta 1.1 or beta 0.11 or something else?
Only to clarify. It would be good to change the version after a bigger update (like on 16 march).

Well good that this patch notes are out but they should be a weak ago. I would like to see it same time when patch is released.

So any news about second upcoming patch for beta?

Thx all the best Đ

I would appreciate cause as you wrote Some NPCs were not able to start a dialogue, so now it’s impossible to finish quest it’s still impossible to talk to people and save/load system still crushes. It’s better but there is no reason for play this game. It’s just a waste of time. Why should I play something again and again when there is certainity that I can not complete quests? So I am still expecting to play beta finally :smiley:

Dan said in the beta walkthrough video that if you happened to kill any of the three bandits, then they wouldn’t be there at the end (because they’re DEAD!! haha). So it’s possible you killed two of them prior, hence why you only saw one.

One of the coolest things about this game is that all the NPCs exist in the world; meaning, no spawning of AI. So you can really change how missions play out, how storylines branch, etc., in regards to your impact on the world.

This, obviously, is extremely non-linear and opens up the door for a lot of bad things to happen; like the game crashing or getting stuck indefinitely because there’s no path to take. But I would assume they, let’s say there’s 5 possible paths, or whatnot, and you somehow made it impossible for any of the 5 to happen, and in that situation, a 6th path is introduced that is more or less “unbreakable”. They probably bank on the fact that it is unlikely you’ll piss on every possible path, but, if so, here’s X fail-safe.

I bought the game it 2 days ago (23.March), and there was only one guy. and I talked with Adela and the guy from the tavern. but then both didn’t react at all when I wanted to start a conversation. only after I finished the quest, Adela was available again, but not the innkeeper.

Ok three, when I came to poacher’s hideout i was always late. There was one torturing Reeky and other two were elsewhere. Dunno where but i havent killed anyone in that game so i guess they were simply elsewhere.
Thx :slight_smile:

You guys knowing, when a new patch comes out? :slight_smile:

we have a lot of questions and Problems @ http://www.kingdomcome-base.net/forum/threads/erster-patch-für-die-beta-erschienen.154/#post-1523

1 Like