Beta Performance Thread

Im consolidating all threads on this topic into one.

Many of the Frame rate and other performance issues everyone is experiencing is an issue of optimization, which will be added over time.

Workarounds and resolutions for these issues can be discussed here in the mean time.

1 Like

I havent been able to get the beta running any good. Getting 8FPS in main menu no matter what settings I have and textures load very slow. In game if I set all draw distances minimum FPS still stays as low. Using the ingame FPS display.

Comp. i7 5820K, 32Gt DDR2400, GTX780, X99-A, WIn10 64bit and latest drivers. Alpha worked still smooth even had old i7 2600k and ram then. i7 5820K should be around as fast as 2600k even if not using the remaining 2 cores (got the CPU to work in UE4 editor, getting very smooth experience there).

I hadnt alpha installed when beta was released and had first that system.cfg missing until the tiny update. Hope to get playing soon, beta is so exciting in videos.

Have there been some solutions for the low FPS or will I need to wait more beta updates?

EDIT: My issue was caused by myself. Had 3d card in wrong pci slot. So it was runnin pci2x1 instead of pci3x16. Sorry for my message. The beta is running now great. Cutscenes not perfect and some tiny stutter in gameplay but keep up the excellent work.

I have:

Core i7 6700 HQ @ 2.60 GHz
DDR3L Ram 8G
NVIDIA GTX 960M
1TB HDD+8GSSD (Hybrid) -> currently using less than 10 GB

And my FPS is 15-25…

What in the world? Anyone know what the problem is?

Mabye it’s just cuz yer bad :wink:

The optimization for the alpha is just really poor right now, I’m sure it will get better with each patch.

I wouldn’t worry too much, I imagine the DEV team are working on getting the features to work as they should and fixing bugs at the moment, I’d expect the overall performance to improve as updates and patches are released. I understand this will also be released on the consoles so engine optimization will be a must for the final release.

Edit: perhaps this tread will be of some help.

I’ve been having the same issues. My system is fairly decent, though not super high end. And yet I can turn down the resolution and graphics to where it looks worse than a PS2 game and is actually unplayable due to objects five feet in front of you not being visible, and yet get no more than 25 fps.

I think it comes down to some weird anti-aliasing blur effect that seems to be always on, no matter your graphics settings.

15-25 FPS on low, mid or high settings?

Remember that the game isn’t optimised yet. Also your GPU isn’t very fast, it’s the mobile version. Try playing Far Cry 4, according to benchmarks you shouldn’t get more than 30 FPS on high settings.

no offense but that’s a mid-low end spec for any graphically demanding games today… so assuming you were trying to run the graphics at anything above medium at 1080p the numbers would be as expected.

note that IIRC, a 960M is still worse than desktop 950.

1 Like

I have the same problem on the beta

Intel i7 2.8GHz
8GB RAM (is below the minimum but…)
AMD R9 270X 2GB

In the menu only at 720p everything on low the fps don’t go past 25 or 27fps!? Is this game CPU bound?

Yes, it is currently very CPU bound, as AI takes a shitload of resources.
Its also reason why sleeping and waiting takes so damn long time - AI simulation needs its time.

It stresses CPU and GPU to the limit. I have the same frames… :slightly_smiling:

Yeah i am getting around 30 fps right now. I bought the game yesterday
I am looking forward for the game to be optimized
Core I7-4720HQ 2,60 GHz (cores)
16 Gb of ram
Nvidia 980m 4 gb
Windows 10

I really should be able to play the game in higher fps when its done

1 Like

Sure looks that way. I have 1 core that’s always maxed out at around 90%+.

Weird i5-4690@3.3GHz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GTX650Ti Boost 1GB and i have roughly 29fps (20-35) at 1280x720 on medium details. I would expect that GPU is bottleneck as it was never high end and it’s 2 years older than computer.
Anyways game takes 4.5-6.5GB of memory, utilizes 2-3 cpu cores, causes some swap file activity and having game installed on other drive than SSD causes lags (at least I guess so, disk activity is sometimes huge and it reads several files at once). I just don’t know why it runs better on my computer than on yours. Btw there’s no way to play it at 1920x1200 :cry:

Hello,

I play on my gaming laptop waiting to come back from my international studies and i have a quite good setup but my Fps stay around 15-20 in medium or highter. Ithink the main problem is the RAM nedded wich is cery hight.

Here’s my setup :

IntelCore I7 quadcore 2.6Ghz
NVIDIA GTX 960M
8Go RAM DDR3

Hoping this was helpfull for you :slightly_smiling:

I wanna know if my PC will be able to run this. I have a GTX 970 A intel® Core™i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz and 16 GB Ram. So, will it work later for me? As of now I get hardly 30 FPS on mid settings. Thanks.

my pc
i5 4670k 4.2
16 ram dd3
msi 970
play at 2560x144 or 1920x1080 o1280x720 low graphics and almost impossible …
beautiful game, but wait a optimization

My computer:
Intel Core i7 4790k 4.00 Ghz
RAM 8GB
nVidia GTX 980 4GB DDR5

Very High setting:
25/45 FPS
lags (for 1 sec, 0,5 sec etc)
very unstable

High setting:
30/45 FPS
and the same lags.

I know that you wrote

16GB is a minimum

but its sounds like a joke. This game is not so beautiful (I don’t say it’s ugly but I saw better graphics), it is in beta stage, ok but will you try to optimize the game???

I play GTA V (minimum RAM: 4 GB) and Witcher 3 (minimum RAM: 6 GB) without any lags on Ultra settings…

1 Like

In 5 minutes I can test it as well on my PC and upload some performance related data.

CPU - Intel I7-4790k @ 4Ghz
Graphiccard - Inno GeForce GTX 980 Ti iChill X3 Air Boss Ultra 6GB GDDR5
Mainboard - Asus Z87 Pro (C2)
RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2x8Gb 2133Mhz CL11
Power - 550W BeQuiet Dark Power Pro
HDD - 2x 2Tb Seagate SSHD ST2000DX001
OS - Windows 7 64bit Ultimate