More bugs than Bethesda(can't lock it but please don't reply i was salty and a shitty player but I've gotten better and this game is truly alot of fun

This game has so many bugs its nearly impossible to play and the camera movememt makes me want to puke its even worse in combat i can’t ever see anything and another thing about combat i understand some of these folks are better swords man but they are all masters no matter how i swing they always block me and hit me with a 4 hit counter combo which i can’t do in return the fuck is wrong with your game i wish i could get my money back if i wanted trash i would have gone to the dumpster

Update: the game isn’t that bad i was tired ans salty when i posted this the camera movememt for the xbox does.bug me quite alot i wasn’t exaggerating when i said it made me want to puke it makes me nauseous

3 Likes

You have to find a drink called spirits and drink 2 bottles; That will fix the camera movement.

4 Likes

I know what that does to the camera and its probably the only solution cause even that is smoother than the sober camera movements

1 Like

Great bait heading.

This of course is based on subjective experience…

I have had five issues with this game;
A horse animation locking (happened twice; the second time because I was trying to make it happen).
Crash to win desktop (specific to two builds of the game; happened twice)
Models building in front of me (happened three times, newer game builds only)
Areas of game with abysmal performance (a handful of places that havent been polished that bring the best video cards to low framerates)
Some flicker indoors (a few places in game that need polish)

Yes I did have some missing dialogue for haircuts in a version prehotfix
Also lost some cutscenes once or twice -pre hotfix.

I wont argue how frustrating having a game halting bug can be (I completely agree)…
But for all the hours KCD has been fired up in my house between three gamers; this game is fantastic and of merchantable quality (for me).

Not everyone is having issues (these people are generally playing the game)
Some are having issues after playing for over 100 hours (probably not the scope of the game and not a heavily playtested playstyle)
Some are having issues with saves (a subset of these users use mods to save spam and have created an ‘unplaytested scenario’)

For all the rest of the issues… they are pretty much ‘par for the course’ for open world rpgs. Or even open world games in general.
Replaying Forza Horizon 3 on PC recently highlights this for me…
I used to put in fifty hours a week on the forza forums keeping people up and running…
The game was being hampered on pc by microsoft (intentional;to sell xboxes).
Being an open world game - one of the few pieces of software that taxes computers well- many gamers needed help to make it work ‘smoothly’.
Even a few mhz bump in RAM speed ironed out framerate lows. And virtual mem needed toying with even on machines with tonnes of RAM.
Even working against the forum mods who banned posters accounts for any mention of these difficulties- even temoving 10000 forum posts talking aboit PC issues when the new game (forza 7) was announced.
The last patch for that game broke it the worst and left it unplayable for many. Certainly is a worse product today that it was a year ago…
Their devs were unable to be contacted and support was often a ‘full reinstall’ of game/windows… (even if the fix was a 4mb file easily downloaded)
That was microsoft.
Worst pc products come from them everytime :wink:

Bethesda? Skyrim wouldnt even boot for me on day one. Undiagnosed bug affecting many gamers. It was fixable because the community spoke about it and forums ponied up the solution.

Most bethesda patching seems to be user/community contributed.

And people talking up how great the Witcher is?!
You clearly dodnt buy version one when it first released. .
It wasnt until it got a full disc repressing that many of its issues went away…

I dont think the industry norm of patching after release is a consumer win. But as it is the industry norm; KCD/WH have delivered a product of epic scope and done so as well as any studio moght have delivered -irrelevant of age or size.
Where WH have done well is in the after sales service. They clearly havent finished with this product yet.
Two months in… Skyrim didnt have Hearthfire, nor many mods wanting access to its scripts/assets. .

The community for KCD is still building.

All are welcome to ‘fly by’ and say they played it…
Many will keep playing it until some other medieval world view is given to us.
In the meantime I have no other software coming close to utilising my rig (Battlefield 1 multiplayer, sure!)

When playing KCD I can see why my rig is pushed hard to render this large scale open world game.

I wouldnt insist that everyone, OR even the MAJORITY, are experiencing game ending bugs.

Yes -YMMV (your mileage may vary),…
But I wouldnt use Bethesda as an example of software done better.

3 Likes

Im probably exaggerating but it hasn’t been a pleasurable experince for me the camera is always shaking up and down while riding my horse and while fighting and it seems to me the combat is unbalanced cause i can’t ever seem to find someone who is worse than me with a sword i do all the tricks ive been taught and I’ve died more times than i can count and it crashes alot for me which wouldn’t be so bad if the game had more regular auto save plus when ever im sprintinf i can’t get mt character to turn for the life of me im playing this on console i feel like alot of these problems should have been day 1 patches you know its been 2 months it should have been fixed by now

All the problems I have ever had with the game has either been fixed or in the process of getting fixed👍

3 Likes

Still hate it i still want my money back

Even if is rotten; You still ate it… There isn’t much you can do but take the loss or hope they fix it. I have a Xbox one and haven’t been able to play my game either, but I’m not making a huge deal out of it. I learned that a long time ago with a game called ET… That is the worst game to ever get released. I didn’t get my money back on that one either.

Maybe next time don’t follow the hype and wait a good while before you buy a game. That might show some of those companies not to release games that are broken. Because we will not buy it.

Something rotten and a bad gamr is different if i get rotten food ni get my money back simple as that of you get anything that breaks down all the time or doesn’t work or isn’t what you were promised you get your money back

Not necessarily when it comes to video games or movies. You have to read the small print.

You will give yourself a heart attack worrying about this before you will ever get your money back… It’s not worth it; Unless you just want to vent🙂 Then it is okay for a little while; But it gets old.

Why do so many of these people rudely complaining on the internet fail to use punctuation? Man, that’s hard to read!

3 Likes

nOitISNtsoOrtHISIsherDErToreed.:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

99% of game problems were solved by upgrading my old HW. Only quest bug I encountered was classic Pestilence quest. But I just bypassed the obvious problem and did the quest other way. I finished the game yesterday evening. Had a blast with Henry last 2 months. From the begining till the end. Of course there is a long list of issues to optimize/rework/repair in game mechanics…but main quests,side quests…there is very little to complain about. Script is awesome and Im soooo looking forward to Act II (or III or whatever it will be) :wink:

2 Likes

You have to sing it :rofl:

Okay… I got lost after her lol…

Is it dare to read?

No it isn’t, sure this is harder to read. Threw in some atrocious pronunciation there.

1 Like

Better a good game with bugs than a bad game from Bethesda without bugs.

1 Like

Better a game that you can actually play than a game that only delivers empty promises

I think it is unfair to use Bethesda as an example of excellence. There are many postings and videos complaining about Bethesda games. There are even the usual “I’ll never buy another game from that company”.

Point is that for a large number of people (console players) there are some severe bugs. Really bad form to release that. They must have known.
PC seems to be fine at the moment. My only game breaking “bug” where everything grinds to a halt turned out to be my 980 card straining too much because I turned the game up too high.
To be honest - I’m willing to wait for more bug-fixes for the pc and allow WH to concentrate on fixing the console problems.

As I have mentioned before, my colleague told me to get the game, bugs and all. And that I wouldn’t regret it.
(Mikkel - if you are reading this, you are right, and I thank you).
Just walking around cross country and discovering new totally unexpected details is great.

I heard a friend complain to no end about how the AI sucks. Then I watched him play Farcry with wall hack and tagging. I basically told him to shut the F*** up.

I love the game because I have to learn stuff rather than being great with a bow simply because I pick up a better bow. I love the fighting system even if I have problems remembering the sequences and my blocking sucks.

Basically the only thing I hate about the game is that I now have to start all over because I think I’ve made my Henry too much of a goody goody guy.

2 Likes

Bethesda and game design excellence? Haha this is funny!:joy: